Godzilla Defense Force – Mobile Game by Nexon/Studio 42

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Sekizawa
Samurai

Re: Godzilla Defense Force – Mobile Game by Nexon/Studio 42

Post by Sekizawa »

Is everyone that has the newest update on Android? I’m on IPhone and no update with the support characters yet.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

iOS will be slower rolling out updates because they have to go through the apple approval bs.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Anyone have a favorite ally yet? I'm currently loving my Shobijin '64. I've upgraded them so they do a flat 5% damage every 16 seconds. While that might seem small, it's very helpful on the monster waves to speed that up and is very nice on the longer Godzilla fights (means they contribute knocking down 10% of his health if the timer hits 32/40 seconds).

Hoping to max them out.

Also, someone has confirmed that allies and their levels are not affected by time travel, so upgrading without fear right now.
Last edited by Arbok on Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

I've discovered a lot of lower tiered cards got nerfed in this last update. High powered tiered seem unaffected. Generally all the original 1-2 tiered cards all got nerfed.
Last edited by Naruto65 on Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Naruto65 wrote:I've discovered a lot of lower tiered cards got nerfed in this last update. High powered tiered seem unaffected. Generally all the original 1-2 tiered cards all got nerfed.
Can you elaborate?

My 2 star Rodan '64 card still gives +125% to production speed as it did before the update.

My 1 star Ebirah '66 card still gives +200% to attack as it did before the update too.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

My level 6 ebirah 66 use to do 300% now its 175%. Level 6 Plant Biollante used to 75% now its 35%
Last edited by Naruto65 on Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Naruto65 wrote:My level 6 ebirah 66 use to do 300% now its 175%. Level 6 Plant Biollante used to 75% now its 35%
Hmm... well the current figures are what they should be:

https://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/godzilla ... s.html#one

At level 6, Ebirah '66 gives +50% and then an extra +25% for each additional level (5 * 25 = 125) for a total of 175%. Are you sure they were much higher before?

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

You know what. I checked my spreadsheet and my old values were from pre-moon update. Disregard! I think I dont usually use these cards so it makes sense.

There was a quiet 2nd update on android today. This encompasses the update notes from the previous update.

[New Update]

* Ally System has been added.
- Allies will make your City defenses even stronger. Equip them now!
: Allies can be obtained and upgraded using Moonstone.
: One Ally can be equipped in each City.
: Allies attack enemies or give special bonuses periodically.

[Bug Fixes]

- Situation with Bases not being destroyed during Boss Battles has been fixed.
- Missions on the Moon has been adjusted.
- Citizens are now spawned correctly in New Your City.
- Text for Time Machine Tutorial has been adjusted.
Last edited by Naruto65 on Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I like the new Ally system, and wow I didn't know the Empress of Mu was from 1963's Godzilla vs the Undersea Battleship! Or that Final Wars actually released in 2005! :P
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Naruto65 wrote:There was a quiet 2nd update on android today. This encompasses the update notes from the previous update.
Where do you see these patch notes? All I see on Google Play is "Bug Fixes" for the latest one.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I like the new Ally system, and wow I didn't know the Empress of Mu was from 1963's Godzilla vs the Undersea Battleship! Or that Final Wars actually released in 2005! :P
I also totally missed the Mysterians in Godzilla King of the Monsters... glad they cleared that up...

On a serious note, whoever seemed to be proofing the codex bios at Toho (which did a good job) was asleep or not involved for the ally bios it seems.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

So on the play store, their update notes are super minimal. You can see a highly detailed report in Game though.

Click on the gear in-game and go to customer support icon. Then tap news and announcements. They list detailed info on each update they release here.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

There's a YouTuber called Bibi Pew, she's doing playthroughs of the game, for anyone interested. She just got done doing a speedrun of London.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D_k6ZAMm1g

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

So how are people liking the new allies? I'm personally loving Shobijin '64. I'd argue them, the Mysterian and Shobijin '05 (aka the one from Final Wars so should be '04) are the best in the game.

Also, latest update corrected a lot of the flavor text for the allies... although the Elias are still noted as coming from "Mothra 1966"...

They also updated the challenges that appear on the Moon, no more Monster Waves challenge, and added the Xilien UFO as a super, super rare spawn there.
Living Corpse wrote:There's a YouTuber called Bibi Pew, she's doing playthroughs of the game, for anyone interested. She just got done doing a speedrun of London.
Judging by the voice, pretty sure it's a guy.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Arbok wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:There's a YouTuber called Bibi Pew, she's doing playthroughs of the game, for anyone interested. She just got done doing a speedrun of London.
Yeah, I just assumed because of the lady at the end, and some of the videos he doesn't talk at all. Didn't hear him till after I made that post.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

Arbok wrote:So how are people liking the new allies? I'm personally loving Shobijin '64. I'd argue them, the Mysterian and Shobijin '05 (aka the one from Final Wars so should be '04) are the best in the game.

Also, latest update corrected a lot of the flavor text for the allies... although the Elias are still noted as coming from "Mothra 1966"...

They also updated the challenges that appear on the Moon, no more Monster Waves challenge, and added the Xilien UFO as a super, super rare spawn there.
How do you select allies? I was in a battle when the popup for them came up and I tapped it away.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

cloverfan98 wrote:How do you select allies? I was in a battle when the popup for them came up and I tapped it away.
The option to select an ally appears on the right side of the screen, about in the center. Clicking the round icon will open up the ally selection screen.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

Update went live for android.

A new version of the game has been released on the Store (2.2.2).

Please update the game to its latest version for smooth gameplay.

REMEMBER TO SAVE YOUR GAME TO THE CLOUD BEFORE UPDATING.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[New Updates]

1. Event Stage has been added.
- UFOs are now attacking Event Cities. Protect it from UFOs!
: Rewards are given for the number of destroyed UFOs.
: Event Stage can be used after clearing Stage 50 in Tokyo and after completing Codex Tutorial.
: Once a day at random time the Event Stage is opened.
: The Event Stage is closed under following conditions
ㄴ Event Stage has been cleared.
ㄴ Available time limit has expired.

2. Staff Mini Game has been added.
: Go to “Lobby – Settings – Staff” to play Mini Game.
: Mini Game achievements added.

3. New Packages in the Shop
: Normal Package has been removed.
: Special Package has been added.
: Mothra Package and Ally Package have been added.
: Package Purchase Limits have been reset.

[Bug Fixes]

- Situation in which some players couldn’t complete Ally Tutorial has been fixed.

OOF, now they've added ALLIES as paywalls. Minilla costs $4.99 real life dollars.
SOLUTION: No joke everyone. If you are like me and refuse to pay for in app items with real money, download the GOOGLE REWARDS app. This app sends you quick surveys that rake in about 10 cents to $1.00 in google play credits. I've used this app over the past two years and have raked in over $143 in credits. It's totally worth it and you don't have to pay these companies ridiculous amounts of money to get some of their "premium" items.
Last edited by Naruto65 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sekizawa
Samurai

Post by Sekizawa »

IPhone also got the same update.

Looks like Rio De Janeiro might be a new level in the future, was on the lobby screen rotating the globe and it popped up for a split second.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

It kinda bums me out the legendary kaiju will never be in the game
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Naruto65 wrote:OOF, now they've added ALLIES as paywalls. Minilla costs $4.99 real life dollars. .
I'm not super bummed about this, as you can only use one ally at a time and I don't see any utility to using Minilla over Mysterian/Shobijin '64 that deal a % of health, Shobijin '04 with the added g-cell or the moonstone grinding ability of the Kilaak or Shobijin '03.

I'm more sad about the Mothra '92 card as it's SOOO good but costs way too much, although I assume it can be won in a random pack as well.
Sekizawa wrote:Looks like Rio De Janeiro might be a new level in the future, was on the lobby screen rotating the globe and it popped up for a split second.
That would be huge if so, and would explain why Varan was left out of a game that had Maguma and the Yog trio in. Assuming it's the same 12 kaiju + 3 Godzillas, anyone want to guess what the roster for the South America stage could be? I assume the feudal based kaiju, like Orochi or Kumasogami, wouldn't be added. So I would go with this list personally as a guess:

1. Varan
2. Dogora
3. Anguirus '68
4. Destoroyah (Flying)
5. Zilla
6. Mothra Larva '68
7. Manda '68
8. Godzillasaurus
9. Millennian
10. Aqua Mothra
11. Giant Octopus
12. Giant Condor

G1. Godzilla '62
G2. Godzilla '74
G3. Godzilla '91

Some of those guesses might seem out there... but the current roster is pretty full as is.