Godzilla Unleashed (Wii) Tier Lists?

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
ZeppandonConfirmed
Monsterland Worker

Godzilla Unleashed (Wii) Tier Lists?

Post by ZeppandonConfirmed »

I've been looking at the Threads for the DAMM and Save the Earth Tier lists and thought that making an Unleashed one would make some sense. (There probably is a thread on the Video Games, I just can't find it lol)

Note this is what I think. I am not getting this off of any site. So If you have a tier list on your own, feel free to post it here!

SS- Destoroyah

S- Megaguirus, Orga, MechaGodzilla, MechaGodzilla 2, Kiryu, Krystalak, Baragon

A- Godzilla 2000, Godzilla 54, Godzilla 90's, M.O.G.U.E.R.A., King Ghidorah, MKG, Gigan

B- Biollante, Megalon, Fire Rodan, King Caesar, Varan

C- Titanosaurus, SpaceGodzilla, Anguirus

D- Obsidius, Jet Jaguar

F- Mothra

That's my list. What do you think?
Look in my eyes, what do you see?
The Cult of Personality

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Re: Godzilla Unleashed (Wii) Tier Lists?

Post by GalacticPetey »

Step 1: Pick Destoroyah

Step 2: Win

Every other character is irrelevant.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

Top Tier:
Destoroyah, Orga, Mechagodzilla, Mechagodzilla 2, Titanosaurus, Varan, King Ghidorah, Mecha-King-Ghidorah, Kiryu, King Caesar

Mid Tier:
Godzilla 2000, Godzilla 1990s/1954, Megaguirus, Moguera, Anguirus, Obsidius, Krystalak, Biollante, Gigan, Megalon, Baragon

Low Tier:
Jet Jaguar, Mothra, Battra, Fire Rodan, Spacegodzilla
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)

Hidorajira98
Ronin

Post by Hidorajira98 »

Why not? My favorite Godzilla game and won 1st place at G-FEST a couple times. So lets get to it. Just my opinion btw, don't hurt me.

S- Destoroyah | Megagurius | Moguera | Megalon | Mecha-King Ghidorah

A- Godzilla 2000, 1990s, 1954 | Biollante | Gigan | King Ghidorah | Orga | Krystalak

B- SpaceGodzilla | Varan | Angurius | Kiryu

C- MechaGodzilla | MechaGodzilla 1993 | Baragon

D- Mothra | King Caesar | Fire Rodan | Titanosarus

F- Jet Jaguar | Obsidius

Dakojin
Young Farmer

Post by Dakojin »

S:Destroyah, Biolante
A: Orga,Titanosaurus, Varan, Anguirus
B:Megalon, Godzilla 2000, Kiryu, Gigan
C: King Ghidorah, Mecha-King Ghidorah, Godzilla 54/90s, Krystalak, Fire Rodan, Obsidious
D: King Caesar, Spacegodzilla, Mechagodzilla 2, Mechagodzilla 1
F: Megaguirus, Moguera, Baragon, Mothra, Jet Jaguar

Ones I'm a bit iffy on where to place are Ceaser, Mecha-G 1&2, and Goji 54/90s.

Also worth mentioning that Biolante inst even close to being as broken as Destroyah is, but in my experience beats the other A tiers and can just BARLEY beat a light-saber spamming Destroyah if you know what you're doing.

StormStriker
Young Farmer

Post by StormStriker »

SS- destroyah
S- biollante, orga, megagurius, krystalak mgk, king ghidorah, megalon
A- mogurea, kiryu, gigan, godzilla 2000, godzilla 90s, godzilla 1954, varan
B- baragon, angurius, rodan, king Cesar, mechagodzilla 2, mechagodzilla
C- titanosarus, jet jaguar, obsidious, spacegodzilla, mothra

SS is broken tier
S is top tier
A is high tier
B is mid tier
C is low tier

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

I'd love to see tournaments of this game where literally everyone picks destroyah
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Unlimited Lazer Katana!

Is better than everything

Except Mechagodzilla 1's super lasers

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Im glad more then ten years later we can finally talk about how broken Destroyah was. I remember discovering Destroyah`s katana horn attack, and making a few younger friends of mine rage quit the game despite their interest in Godzilla. In retrospect I was being a dick, but when you`re 12 its fun as fuck.

Is there any actual reason why Destroyah`s horn is so strong? It seems like its powerful, If I remember correctly, because it was fast, strong, and sort of locked your opponent, or knocked them back a bit. It basically worked 100% both offensively and defensively.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Im glad more then ten years later we can finally talk about how broken Destroyah was. I remember discovering Destroyah`s katana horn attack, and making a few younger friends of mine rage quit the game despite their interest in Godzilla. In retrospect I was being a dick, but when you`re 12 its fun as skreeonk.

Is there any actual reason why Destroyah`s horn is so strong? It seems like its powerful, If I remember correctly, because it was fast, strong, and sort of locked your opponent, or knocked them back a bit. It basically worked 100% both offensively and defensively.
It was supposed to cost energy to use, but they didn't program it correctly
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I literally got through my Destroyah campaign in minutes just by spamming it.

Way too OP and I love it

RIP Evan.

Red-Death Gigan
Interpol Agent

Post by Red-Death Gigan »

In all 3 games from Pipeworks I could take on multiple opponents using King Ghidorah. PS4 Godzilla game is the same. My opinion... King Ghidorah is KING of the Console Godzilla brawlers.
... Godzilla lives inside each one of us.

CheetoKamper
G-Force Personnel

Post by CheetoKamper »

I honestly don't feel like there's a huge difference in the tiers for this game aside from the obvious being Destroyah. Bio could have a good argument for top tier with her range and ability to do multiple attacks at once. Personally there's just rarely times where I felt like I had a huge advantage over another monster because of the monster I chose. Which in retrospect is probably why I didn't spend a ton of time playing the game after I unlocked everything. Like obviously every monster played differently for the most part but I just never got the sense that "Oh if I want to challenge myself I should use Rodan rather than using a Godzilla. Every monster obviously had some sort of advantage over other monsters however but I guess for me it just never seemed to be to a point where I felt like there was a huge imbalance between me using Jet Jaguar and me using Titanosaurus for me to be able to say "He's A tier for sure and the other ones B tier" if that makes sense.
He musta thought it was a gun!
I liked Giant Condor and Gabara before it was cool to just sayin.
Shadow arena record (5-3)

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Destroyah >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Everyone else

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

When I was in middle school playing Goldeneye with friends, we had a "No Oddjob" rule.

When I played Godzilla: Unleashed in college with friends (we only played twice), we developed a "No Destroyah" rule.

Ah, fun times, lol.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Red Star Rising
Ronin

Post by Red Star Rising »

Between the oxygen comet and the absurdly overtuned energy horn that was supposed to be balanced out by an energy cost that never made it in, Destroyah is far and away the most broken character and needs to be put on their own tier.

Below that in the "top tier but not outright game breaking" category we have guys like Orga who is just a runaway freight train whose numerous methods of bowling over enemy Kaiju lets him knock off health bars easily. Megaguirus is incredibly fast and obnoxious to deal with in the right hands, meanwhile Biollante's reach is just unfair against most opponents. Krystallak is exceedingly quick and the balancing mechanic for his explosion power was never properly coded in so he can freely spam it whenever he wants. The Ghidorahs are tanks with good reach while the Mechagodzillas also pack a hard punch.

Most everyone besides the people in the very bottom tiers are okayishly balanced but special mention has to be given to the bottom tiers. I will give a special mention and say that while I think Obsidius is actually really cool (to me) because silicoids and volcano themed monsters are my jam, he's ultimately kind of eh competetively.

Space Godzilla, despite being billed as the primary villain is an anemic weenie whose mechanics are cool in theory but mostly just serve to force him to have to do some set up to even be mediocre. Given how underwhelming he is, I think it would have been for the best to have an original kaiju be the big bad; especially since Space Godzilla was already the final boss of the higher difficulties of Save the Earth. The crystal theme is cool, and I'd have accepted some walking chandolier of a diamond monster as the true villain.

Mothra is also like...really bad. A straight up downgrade compared to Megaguirus in nearly every way and she has to start off as the incredibly weak larva. She can quickly enter imago form yes, but those are precious seconds spent being what is probably the single weakest monster in the game.

Jet Jaguar is an epic meme and also a complete trashfire competetively. Like, just absurdly bad and he's got no real good match ups.

There's also some match ups that are pretty blatantly not fair. Orga vs Megalon is just horrendous brutality against the poor bug who gets sent flying if Orga gives him so much as a finger flick. It's funny to watch but you'd think that with Megalon having an absolutely brutal mismatch against Orga since DAMM they'd have corrected it. It's made even worse by how the health gate system heavily favours being able to knock an opponent off their feet and Orga can do this to Megalon with his basic attacks.

Megalon is otherwise a strong character but Orga bullies him to death so hard for no really good reason.
Last edited by Red Star Rising on Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PrimevalYautja
Ronin

Post by PrimevalYautja »

@Red Star Rising so what are the best Monsters in Unleashed?

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

ArchdukeSquidlyIII wrote:Top Tier:
Destoroyah, Orga, Mechagodzilla, Mechagodzilla 2, Titanosaurus, Varan, King Ghidorah, Mecha-King-Ghidorah, Kiryu, King Caesar

Only reason is because some of those characters are broken AF.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Let's be real here. If Zone Fighter was in the game he'd be such a broken character he'd be god tier.

PrimevalYautja
Ronin

Post by PrimevalYautja »

SO What Makes Mechagodzilla So Good for an S-Tier?