Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee (Gamecube/Xbox)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
CheetoKamper
G-Force Personnel

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee (Gamecube/Xbox)

Post by CheetoKamper »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Armored Colossus wrote:Megalon's attack is meant to hurt the enemy, why would it hurt him too?
Wasn't Megalon harmed by his own Napalm bombs in the film?
Yes yes he was. Which means it makes even more sense.
He musta thought it was a gun!
I liked Giant Condor and Gabara before it was cool to just sayin.
Shadow arena record (5-3)

Armored Colossus
Yojimbo

Post by Armored Colossus »

CheetoKamper wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
Armored Colossus wrote:Megalon's attack is meant to hurt the enemy, why would it hurt him too?
Wasn't Megalon harmed by his own Napalm bombs in the film?
Really? I don't recall that. Does he do the Napalm dance?(That's what I call it anyway.)

Glad I know now.
Armored Colossus was brought to you by viewers like you!

CheetoKamper
G-Force Personnel

Post by CheetoKamper »

Armored Colossus wrote:
CheetoKamper wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote: Wasn't Megalon harmed by his own Napalm bombs in the film?
Really? I don't recall that. Does he do the Napalm dance?(That's what I call it anyway.)

Glad I know now.
Yeah he tried to shoot it at Godzilla when laying on the ground and it went back into his mouth.

Godzilla Lover101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla Lover101 »

CheetoKamper wrote:
Armored Colossus wrote: Really? I don't recall that. Does he do the Napalm dance?(That's what I call it anyway.)

Glad I know now.
Yeah he tried to shoot it at Godzilla when laying on the ground and it went back into his mouth.
Well sure, if you get a fire bomb stuck in your mouth, it'll hurt you. But did Megalon every get hurt by his own bombs other than that scene? Because I highly doubt it. And regardless, it was ridiculous to have him hurt by his own weapons.
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

CheetoKamper
G-Force Personnel

Post by CheetoKamper »

Godzilla Lover101 wrote:
CheetoKamper wrote:
Armored Colossus wrote: Really? I don't recall that. Does he do the Napalm dance?(That's what I call it anyway.)

Glad I know now.
Well sure, if you get a fire bomb stuck in your mouth, it'll hurt you. But did Megalon every get hurt by his own bombs other than that scene? Because I highly doubt it. And regardless, it was ridiculous to have him hurt by his own weapons.
It's really not a huge deal amd it makes PERFECT sense. No other monster has an attack where it drops fire on the ground. If anything it'd be ridiculous to not have it hurt him. Megalon was never immune to fire so why should he be in the game? Do you realize how absolutely stupid it would look if he just walked straight through his fire completely unaffected? I guess that means Godzilla 90's vs Godzilla 2000 neither of them should be affected by the others breath or fireballs. There's a simple solution to this anyway, when you're Megalon DON'T WALK INTO YOUR FIRE!!! You're welcome.

Armored Colossus
Yojimbo

Godzilla Lover101 wrote:
CheetoKamper wrote:

It's really not a huge deal amd it makes PERFECT sense. No other monster has an attack where it drops fire on the ground. If anything it'd be ridiculous to not have it hurt him. Megalon was never immune to fire so why should he be in the game? Do you realize how absolutely stupid it would look if he just walked straight through his fire completely unaffected? I guess that means Godzilla 90's vs Godzilla 2000 neither of them should be affected by the others breath or fireballs. There's a simple solution to this anyway, when you're Megalon DON'T WALK INTO YOUR FIRE!!! You're welcome.
I accidentally walk into it. I have to do the Jumping Dive attack to avoid it.

Anyways.... I beat Adventure Mode with Rodan, Destroyah, Mecha King Ghidora, and I still didn't unlock Kiryu. Help please.

CheetoKamper
G-Force Personnel

Post by CheetoKamper »

Armored Colossus wrote:
Godzilla Lover101 wrote:
CheetoKamper wrote:

Anyways.... I beat Adventure Mode with Rodan, Destroyah, Mecha King Ghidora, and I still didn't unlock Kiryu. Help please.[/quote]
You have to beat it with Orga on medium. http://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/gdamm/codes.htm

Armored Colossus
Yojimbo

CheetoKamper wrote:
Armored Colossus wrote:
CheetoKamper wrote:

Anyways.... I beat Adventure Mode with Rodan, Destroyah, Mecha King Ghidora, and I still didn't unlock Kiryu. Help please.[/quote]
You have to beat it with Orga on medium. http://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/gdamm/codes.htm[/quote]
Ah, I was looking at the Japanese version. Thanks for the link.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Finally got around to replaying the Pipeworks game.

Destroy All Monsters Melee is really fun. Adventure mode was a lot easier than it used to be. The only real problem I had was Destoroyah spamming his laser katana horn when I was on the ground. Other than that, and me attempting to block with the L and R buttons (I thank Smash for that), I breezed through Adventure mode. I remember the times where I had to use cheats, lol.

Onto Godzilla Unleashed for me (since apparently my PS2 won't play Save The Earth. A shame, since that was my favorite of the three).

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

Post by The Godzilla King »

Here's a leftover test city in the game:

I've got more leftover stuff in this playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... lXoMMt-UL5

This city can be accessed by modifying the city select file and replacing one of the cities with the test cities.

I also found this interesting chunk of code in the Xbox Monster Select list:
Spoiler:
[Monsters]
godzilla90s unlocked
anguirus unlocked
megalon unlocked
baragon unlocked
gigan unlocked
godzilla2k locked EMH
ghidorah locked EMH
rodan locked EMH
mghidorah locked EMH
destoroyah locked EMH
mechazilla locked EMHB
orga hidden EMH
mystery invalid
Baragon's on the list of kaiju, but is not present in the game. Unfortunately it would appear Baragon was completely removed from the game other than a few references in the monster select list.

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

^If I remember correctly, Baragon was supposed to be the exclusive monster for the PS2 port of DAMM, but that port never came to fruition.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

Mr. Strange
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Strange »

The Godzilla King wrote: Baragon's on the list of kaiju, but is not present in the game. Unfortunately it would appear Baragon was completely removed from the game other than a few references in the monster select list.
cmdmstudios wrote:^If I remember correctly, Baragon was supposed to be the exclusive monster for the PS2 port of DAMM, but that port never came to fruition.
cmdmstudios is correct - we never actually built Baragon at all. We did have a plan to build him as a PS2 exclusive character, but that never came to fruition.

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

Post by The Godzilla King »

I found a pretty cool Debug Camera. The Free Camera!

F4ZaTE_X
Terminated
Terminated

Post by F4ZaTE_X »

One of the things I didn't like about this game is that Pipeworks couldn't get the damn SOUND EFFECTS RIGHT (roars, beam sound effects, etc)
Derzerb wrote:And his name is WARNED USER

Superrex
G-Grasper

Post by Superrex »

F4ZaTE_X wrote:One of the things I didn't like about this game is that Pipeworks couldn't get the damn SOUND EFFECTS RIGHT (roars, beam sound effects, etc)
The roars in the game are almost spot-on. The only ones that I think are off are the Godzillas and Mechagodzilla (and maybe Orga), but they sound enough like their respective monsters that it doesn't bother me much. The beam sound effects don't really matter much to me. Don't care what they sound like.
Probably the unluckiest guy in the Shadow Arena
Shadow Arena History:
Wins:7
Defeats:8
Chris55 wrote:
wisper15 wrote:I sucks donkey dick.
"He's really bad at it too!"

-The donkey

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

I bought a used copy of this game that came without a manual, so I always had to re-learn the controls by trial and error whenever I played.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Ivo-goji wrote:I bought a used copy of this game that came without a manual, so I always had to re-learn the controls by trial and error whenever I played.
Ummmmmmmmm
Here you go :)
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

Did this game run at or near 60fps on the GC?

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

F4ZaTE_X
Terminated
Terminated

Post by F4ZaTE_X »

Living Corpse wrote:Sharing this again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crdNjfYAwJE
shameless self-promotion

:P
Derzerb wrote:And his name is WARNED USER