Mods for the Godzilla fighting games

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Mods for the Godzilla fighting games

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

VGF2615 wrote:I really hope this guy's project becomes a success! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=409B_m-uwM0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUhRaTWPWbQ&t=207s
Holy crap. That's actually awesome. I want this in my life now, lol.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Why not a mod for Kaiju Daikessen that adds playable characters from Battle Legends in a similar fashion that Super Street Fighter II was upgraded from normal Street Fighter II?

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

Post by The Godzilla King »

LegendZilla wrote:Why not a mod for Kaiju Daikessen that adds playable characters from Battle Legends in a similar fashion that Super Street Fighter II was upgraded from normal Street Fighter II?
Modding isn't that simple. Besides the fact that nobody would really know how to do this, I highly doubt the ROM has enough free space for even one additional character/stage. I'm no expert on SNES modding, but I believe a lot of free space would be necessary for this kind of mod. Although there does appear to be a bit of space, it doesn't look like nearly enough to do anything at all. It'd be easier just to recreate the game in MUGEN or some other engine and add more characters to that.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

The Godzilla King wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Why not a mod for Kaiju Daikessen that adds playable characters from Battle Legends in a similar fashion that Super Street Fighter II was upgraded from normal Street Fighter II?
Modding isn't that simple. Besides the fact that nobody would really know how to do this, I highly doubt the ROM has enough free space for even one additional character/stage. I'm no expert on SNES modding, but I believe a lot of free space would be necessary for this kind of mod. Although there does appear to be a bit of space, it doesn't look like nearly enough to do anything at all. It'd be easier just to recreate the game in MUGEN or some other engine and add more characters to that.
It's astonishing as to why nobody got around to do that.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

LegendZilla wrote:
The Godzilla King wrote:
It's astonishing as to why nobody got around to do that.
+1 for The Godzilla King.

and they did kinda mash the roster from GKD and GBL in MUGEN. Has been for a LONG time :P

VGF2615
Yojimbo

Post by VGF2615 »

SuperGodzillaGaming just released a video where he released the mods he used for Godzilla Unleashed! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxk6vlllA-E

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Featuring sound effect and some texture edits by yours truly :) Didn't think he'd be releasing it so soon, at least not until after G-Fest.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

GigaBowserG wrote:[[/youtube]

Featuring sound effect and some texture edits by yours truly :) Didn't think he'd be releasing it so soon, at least not until after G-Fest.
Very, very nice job on the skins and sounds!!! Did you guys also change the maps a little? Because Osaka, London and Monster Island look a tad different.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Very, very nice job on the skins and sounds!!! Did you guys also change the maps a little? Because Osaka, London and Monster Island look a tad different.
The person releasing this mod (Gojirex) touched up the textures for the maps. He updated every map somewhat, mostly to get rid of that fog effect, background crystals, and add some more color via saturation. It's largely an audio and visual mod; we're still trying to find the values for the attacking strength of monsters and their hitboxes.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

GigaBowserG wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Very, very nice job on the skins and sounds!!! Did you guys also change the maps a little? Because Osaka, London and Monster Island look a tad different.
The person releasing this mod (Gojirex) touched up the textures for the maps. He updated every map somewhat, mostly to get rid of that fog effect, background crystals, and add some more color via saturation. It's largely an audio and visual mod; we're still trying to find the values for the attacking strength of monsters and their hitboxes.
That's pretty cool, keep up the good work!!
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

According to the facebook page for Gojirex's mod, he plans on having it available in the gaming room at G-Fest.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

VGF2615
Yojimbo

Post by VGF2615 »

I have managed to replace most of the game textures on the Wii version of Unleashed with the PS2 textures of the game using Dolphin Emulator. I was wondering if anyone on here knows how to put custom textures into the actual game files so that I may be able to play it on my Wii.

Images of PS2 texture mod in the link below:
https://imgur.com/a/qdGqn

GojiYautjaFan1999
Ronin

Godzilla Unleashed Modding

Post by GojiYautjaFan1999 »

Hello Guys...Does anybody Do Modding like Sound Hacks, Texture Mods and Music Replacements for Godzilla Unleashed Because I Made Two Sound Hacks, One for Godzilla 1990's and one for Krystalak.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Can I request a DevilMan color scheme MOD for Destroyah?
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

GojiYautjaFan1999
Ronin

Post by GojiYautjaFan1999 »

I'll try..Can you give me some pictures of it at least?

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

GojiYautjaFan1999 wrote:I'll try..Can you give me some pictures of it at least?
Of course

Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

skuzzy-punk-kid
Monarch Researcher

Post by skuzzy-punk-kid »

MM Raids Again wrote:
VGF2615 wrote:I really hope this guy's project becomes a success! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=409B_m-uwM0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUhRaTWPWbQ&t=207s
Holy crap. That's actually awesome. I want this in my life now, lol.
Would have been nice if someone MOD'ed the PS2 version of Godzilla Unleashed to have it play exactly like Save the Earth.
What :g2k:is :g2k:so :g2k:frikkin' :g2k:wrong :g2k:with :g2k:the :g2k:frikkin' :g2k:G2K :g2k:smiley :g2k:?
The :g2k:G2K :g2k:smiley :g2k:is :g2k:not :g2k:causing :g2k:you :g2k:any :g2k:freakin' :g2k:harm :g2k:!!!

Rodan95
Monarch Researcher

Post by Rodan95 »

Having Zone Fighter as a substitution for Jet Jaguar is good af 8-)

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Honestly wanna see modders put ray tracing and HDR in some of the games just to see what it'd look like.

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

While these mods look cool so far, the truth is we don’t have much gameplay to watch. And until some mods come out that genuinely improve the gameplay (there’s a lot of room for improvement in Unleashed), I can’t see myself setting up an emulator, ISO etc just for this.

Still cool to see what’s been made though.