Godzilla: Save the Earth discussion

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
CheetoKamper
G-Force Personnel

Re: Godzilla: Save the Earth discussion

Post by CheetoKamper »

kiryuzilla wrote:So, Simon, happen to know what the intro music used in the beginning was? I've been searching for 84 years.
Why not just PM him? Probably a way more effective way of trying to reach a specific person.
He musta thought it was a gun!
I liked Giant Condor and Gabara before it was cool to just sayin.
Shadow arena record (5-3)

kiryuzilla
Terminated
Terminated

Post by kiryuzilla »

CheetoKamper wrote:
kiryuzilla wrote:So, Simon, happen to know what the intro music used in the beginning was? I've been searching for 84 years.
Why not just PM him? Probably a way more effective way of trying to reach a specific person.
Maybe someone else knows.
Known as KingKong19100
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMxokP ... G3cPzAWKlQ
Website: http://kingkong19100.wordpress.com/2014 ... -complete/
Checkout my YouTube channel, I make 3D animations of King Kong and Godzilla that everyone would enjoy! Okay...I'm gonna go now *pushes a pull-only door* HahaGod do I wish someone loved mehaha

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

I'm obviously not up to par with Simon Strange here, but as someone with a window into game development, let me say...

"Clones" is a term with different meanings and that colors the discussion, as does the term "reskin". Neither term is accurate to describe any of the characters usually accused of it. A lot of kaiju have shared animations, but all of them (save G54) usually have one or two moves changed and therefore unique animations to allow for a different flavor. Battra and Obsidius, for example, have different beam weapons. MKG had a form of Machine Hand after a while than KG. These would both be distinct moves and animations similar monsters did not have.

This is really common in the games industry among non-flagship titles. Most soldiers in the old Pandemic Star Wars: Battlefront games have the same skeleton but use different animations from a common animation bank. Any unit can carry a lightsaber and behave like a Jedi, but they'll move and act the same as Luke Skywalker, for example, unless told otherwise. But if you mix up which weapons each soldier has access to, they're displaying different animations and behaviors as a result, so it's not as glaring. Shared animations but different models. It's a very similar principle, although given an FPS, probably nonetheless more understandable and forgivable.

Therefore, 'MKG and KG are clones' and 'MKG and KG are similar with many of the same moves' are not the same statements, and the latter is vastly more accurate.

One could still choose to argue it's not a smart development move, and maybe it isn't, and that's a matter of opinion, but the factual statement would be that animations and skeletons are shared between some characters. You personally won't find any complaint from me.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

CheetoKamper
G-Force Personnel

Post by CheetoKamper »

kiryuzilla wrote:
CheetoKamper wrote:
But you're specifically asking him and you've asked it before and nobody else knew then it's not going to suddenly change. I'm just saying if you actually want a reply chances are a pm or hell even quoting a post from him would be the best way to actually get an answer.
He musta thought it was a gun!
I liked Giant Condor and Gabara before it was cool to just sayin.
Shadow arena record (5-3)

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

Post by The Godzilla King »

kiryuzilla wrote:
CheetoKamper wrote:
I'm sure the music was made just for the intro. I would doubt anyone has a version without the sound effects anymore. I've looked into the game's music files and it doesn't exist there so I'd doubt it exists anywhere on the internet.
JVM wrote:This is really common in the games industry among non-flagship titles. Most soldiers in the old Pandemic Star Wars: Battlefront games have the same skeleton but use different animations from a common animation bank. Any unit can carry a lightsaber and behave like a Jedi, but they'll move and act the same as Luke Skywalker, for example, unless told otherwise. But if you mix up which weapons each soldier has access to, they're displaying different animations and behaviors as a result, so it's not as glaring. Shared animations but different models. It's a very similar principle, although given an FPS, probably nonetheless more understandable and forgivable.
Off topic, but are you familiar with modding the SWBF games? Just curious, everything you've said is 100% true. :)

kiryuzilla
Terminated
Terminated

Post by kiryuzilla »

THE MUSIC
Known as KingKong19100
Checkout my YouTube channel, I make 3D animations of King Kong and Godzilla that everyone would enjoy! Okay...I'm gonna go now *pushes a pull-only door* HahaGod do I wish someone loved mehaha

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

kiryuzilla wrote:THE MUSIC
Eh? I'm afraid I don't get your one word post stating "The Music". It seems completely out of context. Maybe some more information/clarification before hand?

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

The threads are alive with the sound of THE MUSIC
Godzilla

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

SpaceG92 wrote:
kiryuzilla wrote:THE MUSIC
Eh? I'm afraid I don't get your one word post stating "The Music". It seems completely out of context. Maybe some more information/clarification before hand?
He's likely referring to the intro music but I guarantee no one has it without all the SFX.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I bought this yesterday, and I'm having a blast with it!!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

My fav godzilla game, someone remaster this
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

Tried to get it from Pipeworks when we did that Project G thing. It's long gone
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

kiryuzilla
Terminated
Terminated

Post by kiryuzilla »

Chris55 wrote:

Tried to get it from Pipeworks when we did that Project G thing. It's long gone
That's such a shame dude. Overtime i see that intro it gives me goosebumps. The animation, the music, and the overall feel was extremely well done! Can't wait for some of your work by the way Chris.
Known as KingKong19100

Mr. Strange
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Strange »

It was custom music written for the game. Doesn't exist anywhere except in the game files. Sorry.

Hey look, a personal answer in just 4 months!

kiryuzilla
Terminated
Terminated

Post by kiryuzilla »

Mr. Strange wrote:
It was custom music written for the game. Doesn't exist anywhere except in the game files. Sorry.

Hey look, a personal answer in just 4 months!
Haha it's cool I've said it once and i'll say it again but that music is just amazing.
Known as KingKong19100

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

Biollante's moveset. :)

Unfortunately, I totally forgot about her tentacle burrow move so that's missing from the video. The Rage attack was never completed but according to Simon Strange, the rage attack "was the "Root Storm" - flailing her vines all over the screen."

I'm aware that the name "Leapfrog Start" sounds dumb but I just took these move names straight from Biollante's .cmp file. I did not make up any of the move names. I'm sure "leapfrog start" was just a development name however.

Godzilla Lover101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla Lover101 »

What is the possibility of extensive modding on Save the Earth? Could what Gojirex did with Unleashed be possible on Save the Earth?

Last edited by Godzilla Lover101 on Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Godzilla Lover101 wrote:What is the possibility of extensive modding on Save the Earth? Could what Gojirex did with Unleashed be possible on Save the Earth?
No... Not at this time, anyway. There aren't really the same kind of tools made for the Xbox/PS2 as there are for the Wii for hacking. Of the two, the PS2 would probably be easier to edit. I'd looked into it once, but its rather lackluster graphics just aren't as appealing to modify compared to the Xbox version.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Godzilla Lover101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla Lover101 »

GigaBowserG wrote: No... Not at this time, anyway. There aren't really the same kind of tools made for the Xbox/PS2 as there are for the Wii for hacking. Of the two, the PS2 would probably be easier to edit. I'd looked into it once, but its rather lackluster graphics just aren't as appealing to modify compared to the Xbox version.
So if mod tools/programs were developed then modding the game would be possible? Has anyone looked into the game's files to edit them?
Last edited by Godzilla Lover101 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Godzilla Lover101 wrote: So if mod tools/programs were developed then modding the game would be possible?
You just answered your own question.