Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Breakdown
Keizer

Re: Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

Post by Breakdown »

The Giant Octopus meme was fun and all, but can we PLEASE get MG74/5 now?
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Breakdown wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:21 am The Giant Octopus meme was fun and all, but can we PLEASE get MG74/5 now?
I personally want Monster X/Keizer Ghidorah, or a pacific rim crossover. They would be fun updates.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Breakdown wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:21 am The Giant Octopus meme was fun and all, but can we PLEASE get MG74/5 now?
In the first poll, he tied for 10th out of 18... and then in the latest poll, was 13th out of 19. Still has a shot of appearing like Gigan 2004 who placed rather low in the first poll, but I suspect they'll probably do something with MG93 (Super Mechagodzilla?) before diving into Showa MG.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

New event up w/ Fire Rodan.

Say, does anyone actually have "skins" you can choose from yet? I swear everyone's blank when I check.
Last edited by Legendary Minya on Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

KingCornetto
GPN Volunteer

Post by KingCornetto »

Legendary Minya wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:43 pm Say, does anyone actually have "skins" you can choose from yet? I swear everyone's blank when I check.
Yeah, I have Ultima’s, Battra’s and one of giant Octopus’.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

KingCornetto wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:23 am
Legendary Minya wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:43 pm Say, does anyone actually have "skins" you can choose from yet? I swear everyone's blank when I check.
Oh? How do you get them?

KingCornetto
GPN Volunteer

Post by KingCornetto »

Legendary Minya wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:58 am
KingCornetto wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:23 am
Oh? How do you get them?
Do the Studio showdowns to gain star points, apply those to the monster you want, once you reach a high enough level, you’ll get a skin (if they have one). After that, go to the Team menu, select the monster and click on Customize, you should be able to access them from there.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Giant Octopus's 1st skin (red), and SpaceGodzilla's. Would love to have Godzilla Earth's, but as I don't use him, it feels like a waste to use the points on him...
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

BalSac Johnson
Yojimbo

Post by BalSac Johnson »

:godzilla2021blue:
Godzilla Earth- king of the fair match monsters

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Just unlocked the Red Dust skin for Terrestris today. My studio lvl isn't high enough to get the one for Ultima, sadly. You know, a "Ghost" or skeleton skin for G54 would be a really neat, limited-time thing they could do for Halloween.
Last edited by Breakdown on Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Oh, a ghost-themed skin would be wonderful. Honestly, it would feel even more fitting given how G1954 sparkles out of existence every time he dies and becomes another unit.
/crawls back under rock

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Awesome thanks for the info... I tried to find a list of what monsters HAVE skins but couldn't come up with anything. I really hope 1968 Anguirus is one at some point, that's one of my all time favorite Toho suits.

KingCornetto
GPN Volunteer

Post by KingCornetto »

Godzilla (1989)
Godzilla Terrestirs/Ultimata (1 skin for each form)
Mothra (Imago)
Battra (Imago)
Kiryu
Giant Octopus (2 skins)
Gigan 2004
Minilla
Fire Rodan
Space Godzilla
Godzilla Earth

That’s it I think.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

KingCornetto wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:42 pm Godzilla (1989)
Godzilla Terrestirs/Ultimata (1 skin for each form)
Mothra (Imago)
Battra (Imago)
Kiryu
Giant Octopus (2 skins)
Gigan 2004
Minilla
Fire Rodan
Space Godzilla
Godzilla Earth

That’s it I think.
I'm gonna hold out hope for Anguirus (1968), King Seesar (Final Wars) , Rodan (1956), King Ghidorah (Showa, although I'd rather a new character that can work as a leader) and Burning Godzilla (an orange meltdown version like the translucent Bandai figure) to be added...too bad Kong doesn't seem to be "supported" anymore, a 1962 skin would be fun. Probably can't happen from a legal standpoint though.
Last edited by Legendary Minya on Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

KingCornetto
GPN Volunteer

Post by KingCornetto »

I have a feeling that if the game runs long enough, those are all gonna eventually come as different units. They’re different enough to warrant it and they haven’t had any skins that actually change them into different models, they’re all cosmetic changes to the existing characters. Except Giant Octopus who’s skins are that of all 3 giant octopuses to show up. But they aren’t gonna make new units for all of them, so that makes sense.

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

I don't know what is happening, but I'm meeting a ton of low-key cheaters all of a sudden. Nothing overt, but fielding more units in a shorter time than is possible. I just had one where the player dropped 14 points worth of units within the time that I accumulated only 5.

This seems to happen more towards the end of the season, so hopefully it passes soon

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Excelsior wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:00 pm I don't know what is happening, but I'm meeting a ton of low-key cheaters all of a sudden. Nothing overt, but fielding more units in a shorter time than is possible. I just had one where the player dropped 14 points worth of units within the time that I accumulated only 5.

This seems to happen more towards the end of the season, so hopefully it passes soon
I used to get these multiple times a day. I stopped playing for a month or two, and out of all the matches I've played in the last month I think only 1 MAY have been cheating.

ggiersch
Young Farmer

Post by ggiersch »

I have now logged in 800 wins. But now I have to face an awful truth. This means I have logged in over 3000 games. Of my wins, almost all of them are from bots. The rest are all losses! Horrible, horrible losses. Someone sends out a unit, I can send out three. Many times my units die after a few hits, while mine barely deal damage. I’ve watched videos, read advice, saved copious amounts of gold. Raised certain pieces to 10, others to level 20. Focused on raising few instead of all. One interesting thing has happened this cycle. After losing around 100 matches within the last week, I was suddenly matched with actual people who I beat. After a few matches like this, things resumed back to the old pattern. Instead of feeling wonderful with the fact that I beat a non-bot player, I feel awful. I do not want these poor souls to feel like me. Please don’t tell me that that thIs game simply rewards those who have played in the early stages leaving others unable to catch up. Are newer players leaving the game in droves knowing that they cannot compete? Thus people who stick it out with 3000 matches and lose almost all of the time are left to be paired with those who hopelessly outclass them? Tell me that this is not the case. I need to know! Is there ANY way I can play matches against people who are at my level? Also, am I simply missing something else? If so, your advice would be the highlight of my day!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

ggiersch wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:06 am I have now logged in 800 wins. But now I have to face an awful truth. This means I have logged in over 3000 games. Of my wins, almost all of them are from bots. The rest are all losses! Horrible, horrible losses. Someone sends out a unit, I can send out three. Many times my units die after a few hits, while mine barely deal damage. I’ve watched videos, read advice, saved copious amounts of gold. Raised certain pieces to 10, others to level 20. Focused on raising few instead of all. One interesting thing has happened this cycle. After losing around 100 matches within the last week, I was suddenly matched with actual people who I beat. After a few matches like this, things resumed back to the old pattern. Instead of feeling wonderful with the fact that I beat a non-bot player, I feel awful. I do not want these poor souls to feel like me. Please don’t tell me that that thIs game simply rewards those who have played in the early stages leaving others unable to catch up. Are newer players leaving the game in droves knowing that they cannot compete? Thus people who stick it out with 3000 matches and lose almost all of the time are left to be paired with those who hopelessly outclass them? Tell me that this is not the case. I need to know! Is there ANY way I can play matches against people who are at my level? Also, am I simply missing something else? If so, your advice would be the highlight of my day!
Can I see what deck you're running? The units you use can make-or-break your chances at victory outside of Fair matches where all units are auto-scaled to Lvl. 20.

Also if anyone is doing the All-Stars event, beware of Wave 82. You're in for PAIN.
Last edited by Breakdown on Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

ggiersch
Young Farmer

Post by ggiersch »

Breakdown wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:39 am
ggiersch wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:06 am I have now logged in 800 wins. But now I have to face an awful truth. This means I have logged in over 3000 games. Of my wins, almost all of them are from bots. The rest are all losses! Horrible, horrible losses. Someone sends out a unit, I can send out three. Many times my units die after a few hits, while mine barely deal damage. I’ve watched videos, read advice, saved copious amounts of gold. Raised certain pieces to 10, others to level 20. Focused on raising few instead of all. One interesting thing has happened this cycle. After losing around 100 matches within the last week, I was suddenly matched with actual people who I beat. After a few matches like this, things resumed back to the old pattern. Instead of feeling wonderful with the fact that I beat a non-bot player, I feel awful. I do not want these poor souls to feel like me. Please don’t tell me that that thIs game simply rewards those who have played in the early stages leaving others unable to catch up. Are newer players leaving the game in droves knowing that they cannot compete? Thus people who stick it out with 3000 matches and lose almost all of the time are left to be paired with those who hopelessly outclass them? Tell me that this is not the case. I need to know! Is there ANY way I can play matches against people who are at my level? Also, am I simply missing something else? If so, your advice would be the highlight of my day!
Can I see what deck you're running? The units you use can make-or-break your chances at victory outside of Fair matches where all units are auto-scaled to Lvl. 20.

Also if anyone is doing the All-Stars event, beware of Wave 82. You're in for PAIN.

How can I show you my deck? That is new to me.