Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
KingCornetto
GPN Volunteer

Re: Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

Post by KingCornetto »

Legendary Minya wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:36 pm Also in case anyone else is dumb like me and didn't notice, it looks like event points carry over from the previous event. I thought they expired so I wasted my leftovers on useless cosmetics and such.
I basically spend all my points on cosmetics. After I get the 4* Monsters, of course.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

KingCornetto wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:19 am
Legendary Minya wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:36 pm Also in case anyone else is dumb like me and didn't notice, it looks like event points carry over from the previous event. I thought they expired so I wasted my leftovers on useless cosmetics and such.
I basically spend all my points on cosmetics. After I get the 4* Monsters, of course.
I had been too, but then I noticed I started this event with 45 points. That by itself won't help any but I suppose they add up over time.
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

My phone is tough. Last night the game decided to close itself 3 times in a row for no reason....each time while I was playing the event, which cost me all 3 of my "tickets' for the day. Phone went flying into the bedroom wall. My son laughed. A good time was had by all.

"Cartzilla" keeps my foolproof trend alive of cheaters always having stupid ass names. He also probably orally pleasures house pets. Got the ever living shit kicked out of him so he plays his entire hand non stop to where there's literally nothing anyone can do. I'd pay hundreds of dollars to meet these people in person and not be held legally responsible for the harm that befalls them.

"anetbag" dumbest name yet? Maybe. Literally plays their entire roster as soon as the match starts. Bye, cocksucker.
Last edited by Legendary Minya on Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Man. Level 65 of the event gave me a stroke. Must have taken 6 tries to beat it. It gets easier again after that.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Did my rage kill this board? Final Wars Gigan and......wow.....the "Kids" ship from 1991 are in the game now. Toho just refuses to admit the 60's and 70's Showa era was a thing, doesn't it?
Last edited by Legendary Minya on Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

KingCornetto
GPN Volunteer

Post by KingCornetto »

Legendary Minya wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:19 am Did my rage kill this board? Final Wars Gigan and......wow.....the "Kids" ship from 1991 are in the game now. Toho just refuses to admit the 60's and 70's Showa era was a thing, doesn't it?
Yeah, since the launch there hasn't been a ton, but they also only do one or two pieces a month, so it feels like it's being left out, but like half of the starting units were Showa, so I don't think the era is doing too bad in representation.I mean, we got the Freezing Sonde, that's a pretty deep cut.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

RIP Evan.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

KingCornetto wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:02 am
Legendary Minya wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:19 am Did my rage kill this board? Final Wars Gigan and......wow.....the "Kids" ship from 1991 are in the game now. Toho just refuses to admit the 60's and 70's Showa era was a thing, doesn't it?
Yeah, since the launch there hasn't been a ton, but they also only do one or two pieces a month, so it feels like it's being left out, but like half of the starting units were Showa, so I don't think the era is doing too bad in representation.I mean, we got the Freezing Sonde, that's a pretty deep cut.
I should have specified for new pieces, I guess. Showa KG would be nice - though I dunno how different from Heisei and DG he'd be - 68 Anguirus, Gorosaurus, Jet Jaguar, Megalon, Showa MG, Gabara.....give us a Gabara who instantly kills Minya with one hit and is immune to his dumbass stun.

Not to mention a Godzilla 68 is the leader most glaringly missing from the game IMO
Last edited by Legendary Minya on Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Ideas for Showa units, you say? Hmm...

- Ebirah could basically act like Anguirus, except be he'd be relatively slow on land, but faster and stronger in water.
- Atragon could freeze units but also damage them with its drill.
- Godzilla Tower would be like the Markalite Cannon, except it wouldn't be able to turn around (it would still be able to aim in different angles, just as long as the enemy unit is relatively in front of them), though its laser would fire at a faster rate.
- The Electrodes from Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster would work kinda like the Unmanned Train Bomb, a strip of affected area with the Electrodes on either side, zapping any units caught in the middle.
- Kumonga could have a 1-2-punch of a slow down effect (like Mothra Larva's web) and poison effect (like Hedorah).
- Baragon could burrow like Moguera, but unlike Moguera, who's permanently out once he emerges, if/when Baragon destroys his target, he re-submerges and resumes burrowing. So basically he only ever comes out of the ground when he nears a target.
- Maybe Megalon could also burrow, but be out permanently once he emerges like Moguera, and then just shoot a lighting bolt like Battra Larva?
- In the vein of Godzilla 1954, maybe Frankenstein who has no special aspect to his attack, but when he's killed he could come back as either Gaira or Sanda at random.
- The Xilien Saucer could have two unique attacks, depending on the type of unit it's facing: If it's a Facility Unit, it simply fires a laser at it. If it's a Monster Unit, it captures it in a force field bubble and moves it... back to the player that called it's end of the screen? Off to the side of the map? Just out of the way in some fashion.
- The Fire Dragon. Make it super powerful (not quite a one hit KO, but close), but make it require a lot of energy and make its life span not last very long to compensate.
- Mechagodzilla fires his missiles and causes a "wall" of explosions in front of him that can hit enemy units.
- Mechagodzilla II would have his head permanently missing and fire the white beam from his Laser Firing Apparatus.
Legendary Minya wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:00 pmShowa KG would be nice - though I dunno how different from Heisei and DG he'd be
He could walk instead of fly, be very slow, and be a total tank like Godzilla '89.
Legendary Minya wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:00 pmGabara.....give us a Gabara who instantly kills Minya with one hit and is immune to his dumbass stun.
:lol: I would actually kinda love it if Gabara was completely immune to Minya but was useless against anyone else.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Got KIDS in one of the bronze boxes. I can see how it may have some utility for some teams, but frankly with my strats I don't have any use for it.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

Toho dropped the ball by including Heisei KG right off the bat and bringing in the Dorats afterward. They could have had their first triple-evolver: Dorats to KG to Mecha KG. Should have started with Showa KG first.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

So, uh, I just unlocked KIDS and watched the little preview clip in its profile or whatever it's called and... Am I understanding this correctly? You can just teleport a unit of your choice directly to the enemy leader?!
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Sekizawa
Samurai

Post by Sekizawa »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:25 am So, uh, I just unlocked KIDS and watched the little preview clip in its profile or whatever it's called and... Am I understanding this correctly? You can just teleport a unit of your choice directly to the enemy leader?!
Maybe at very high levels, but at level five it only teleports maybe two squares in advance of the “pick up” and takes seven seconds, time for the enemy to prep. But I see it becoming another Super-X for the rich players who can max it, dropping a maxed 89 on the enemy leader.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

So, Gigan looks VERY tempting to add to my team. I got him out of a gold box and I unlock another one next tier in the Godzilla Pass, and I just might replace Jet Jaguar with him. He doesn't have the temporary invulnerability like JJ does, but he makes up for it with the grapple stun.
ImageImage

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Most excited for KIDS, wonder if that'll shake up the meta at all. It can be used either to tp one of your higher level units closer to the enemy leader, or for more strategic use, it can help certain units avoid a wall of enemies (helpful for the likes of Terrestris who takes forever to evolve, though the tp cooldown might not be so hot).
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

GigaBowserG wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:36 pm Most excited for KIDS, wonder if that'll shake up the meta at all. It can be used either to tp one of your higher level units closer to the enemy leader, or for more strategic use, it can help certain units avoid a wall of enemies (helpful for the likes of Terrestris who takes forever to evolve, though the tp cooldown might not be so hot).
I'm pretty sure I LITERALLY just fought you. I was General Greasy. The only reason I lost so easily is because my energy was stuck at 3 and I couldn't deploy any units. :evil:
ImageImage

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

My foolproof string of cheaters having dumbass names continues. "Godzillussy" (WTF is that? A pussy who watches Godzilla? Someone who cuts holes in their Godzilla figures to do horrible things with them?) played, I think it was, Space G, Mothra, GT, Battra and Megaguirus all at once. Bye.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Legendary Minya wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:44 pm My foolproof string of cheaters having dumbass names continues. "Godzillussy" (WTF is that? A pussy who watches Godzilla? Someone who cuts holes in their Godzilla figures to do horrible things with them?) played, I think it was, Space G, Mothra, GT, Battra and Megaguirus all at once. Bye.
How do you keep encountering all these cheaters? I've only played against 1 or 2 people who were kind of sus, but never "deploy 5 monsters at once".
ImageImage

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Breakdown wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:48 pm
Legendary Minya wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:44 pm My foolproof string of cheaters having dumbass names continues. "Godzillussy" (WTF is that? A pussy who watches Godzilla? Someone who cuts holes in their Godzilla figures to do horrible things with them?) played, I think it was, Space G, Mothra, GT, Battra and Megaguirus all at once. Bye.
How do you keep encountering all these cheaters? I've only played against 1 or 2 people who were kind of sus, but never "deploy 5 monsters at once".
I WISH I KNEW.

Especially considering I play for maybe 30 minutes a day at most. Trust me, I lose to plenty of regular people too (of course they all use the Minya/Seesar/Super X trifecta....cheap as hell but I won't call it cheating) but I'm 100% honest with every cheater I mention here. Just lucky I guess.

But the "play every monster at once" crowd is much smaller than those who just have infinite energy and play them at a slower (but still BS) pace.

I've even stopped trying to max out the rewards every month to stay at lower levels and hope for less cheaters. Nope.
Last edited by Legendary Minya on Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Legendary Minya wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:51 pm I've even stopped trying to max out the rewards every month to stay at lower levels and hope for less cheaters. Nope.
...I think this may be the problem :lol: The lower levels are absolutely busted, ironically it's in the upper levels where you see far less of them. It becomes more of a once-in-a-blue-moon kind of encounter as opposed to uncommon. Of course, the biggest problem is once you reach rank 65, the game just throws you to the wolves at a moment's notice. I feel like the 55~64 range has the most balanced players.
Breakdown wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:54 pm I'm pretty sure I LITERALLY just fought you. I was General Greasy. The only reason I lost so easily is because my energy was stuck at 3 and I couldn't deploy any units. :evil:
LOL, I see you in my battle history! Sorry, I've been trying to clear the "win X matches with Gigan 2004/KIDS on your team" achievements so I have a number of other matches cleared before and after, and I can't remember the specifics of the battle ): Were you also using Gigan 2004 and they kept endlessly stunlocking each other with their anchors?
Last edited by GigaBowserG on Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock