Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
KingCornetto
GPN Volunteer

Re: Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

Post by KingCornetto »

Sekizawa wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:09 pm 54 ‘morphs’ to a random version of Godzilla or Mechagodzilla that isn’t already in your current deck, and that version will show up in the rotation at some point at a reduced cost to deploy (3 for Kiryu and Burning, 4 for SP Goji, etc.). It uses the level you own it at, if you don’t own it, it’s level 1. Once that version is destroyed, it reverts back to 54 and the same process continues.
That’s really cool. What a unique mechanic. Wonder if future Godzillas will be added to the mechanic.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

KingCornetto wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:14 pm
Sekizawa wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:09 pm 54 ‘morphs’ to a random version of Godzilla or Mechagodzilla that isn’t already in your current deck, and that version will show up in the rotation at some point at a reduced cost to deploy (3 for Kiryu and Burning, 4 for SP Goji, etc.). It uses the level you own it at, if you don’t own it, it’s level 1. Once that version is destroyed, it reverts back to 54 and the same process continues.
That’s really cool. What a unique mechanic. Wonder if future Godzillas will be added to the mechanic.
How bizarre. Looks like he only rotates into either G1989, Burning, Kiryu, or Terrestris, who also have their energy cost reduced by 2. While a unique mechanic, this feels eerily closer to Ghost Godzilla than G1954. Perhaps when final form Destoroyah appears, it may reuse this same mechanic with the "larva" already in the game. They don't see too much action these days, so it'd be a great excuse to have them appear in battle.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

A high level Ghidorah and Godzilla are borderline unstoppable. Holy SHIT. This is like the 5th game in a row I've been curbstomped by an unkillable Ghidorah and Godzilla combo, with Minilla and KC for extra sadism.

Also a new really really annoying strat I've been seeing lately: call Kiryu down right on top of the enemy leader. It's worse than Moguera by far because Kiryu is more durable and tears sizable chunks of your health bar with his missile strikes. He basically takes Moguera and the Missile Strike's roles and does it better all in one.

Toho's idea of nerfing or buffing characters often seems to hinge entirely on increasing the cost of units rather than actually adjusting the stats. If a character lile Ghidorah is powerful enough, you could make him cost 10 energy and that still wouldn't dissuade people from using him.
Last edited by Breakdown on Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Breakdown wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:07 pmAlso a new really really annoying strat I've been seeing lately: call Kiryu down right on top of the enemy leader. It's worse than Moguera by far because Kiryu is more durable and tears sizable chunks of your health bar with his missile strikes. He basically takes Moguera and the Missile Strike's roles and does it better all in one.
Kiryu is very strong, although hard to level up. He was solid before, but benefitted from the Super X getting its energy cost increased, as spending 6 to take out 5 is a much better strategy.
Breakdown wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:07 pmToho's idea of nerfing or buffing characters often seems to hinge entirely on increasing the cost of units rather than actually adjusting the stats.
Toho adjusts units in a variety of different ways, like they just raised Anguirus' health for example in this update or when they slowed down the attack speed of Minilla in the last update. I think we just tend to focus on the energy changes because it's often a much larger change to playability than other alterations Toho tends to do.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

I can tell Minya's attack speed has been lowered, but still, half the time my Bio G or Ultima gets stun locked by the little shit and they just stand there and die (even though Ultima's attack animation completes; you see the beam make contact it just does no damage).
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

Confession: I no longer play against a team that fields Minilla. When I see the creep I just give up. I don't care about rankings, and playing against him only frustrates me. So I don't do it.

SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

Post by SpanishBulldog63 »

Since when could King Caesar one-shot people?! I'm riding a 7 game win-streak, then play against some dude named BigSheeza41. I'm untouched the whole match until a King Caesar sneaks past and fucking nukes me!
NSZ wrote:Well thanks, GVJ, now I can't not picture Sal being voiced by Geoff Ramsey. :lol:
"-what they don't know won't hurt 'em... until they're dead."
Resized Image

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

SpanishBulldog63 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:13 am Since when could King Caesar one-shot people?! I'm riding a 7 game win-streak, then play against some dude named BigSheeza41. I'm untouched the whole match until a King Caesar sneaks past and skreeonking nukes me!
lol, I guess he lives up to his name. 1-3 star units can go up to lv40 now, so it's possible he may've already taken advantage of this update.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Excelsior wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:27 pm Confession: I no longer play against a team that fields Minilla. When I see the creep I just give up. I don't care about rankings, and playing against him only frustrates me. So I don't do it.
Same. As soon as these cheap little bitches play Minya and Super X and Seesar at the same time I just close the game. Let them sit there for 30 seconds while it disconnects and reflect on being a little cheap ass. I'm just floored that people can talk about "balancing" and accept any of those units the way they are. In 35 years of playing video games I've never seen anything so cheap in a multi-player game. It's worse than Bo Jackson in Temco Bowl.
Last edited by Legendary Minya on Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

The player known as Phox can go phux themselves. Another one of those who plays their matches normally until they realize they're losing, at which point they just so suddenly happen to have enough energy to spit out an unending array of Godzilla '89, Mothra, Battra, and Megaguirus. :roll:

In other topics, and I realize I'm a bit late to the party on this one, but I'm fairly annoyed at the "some units can go up to Level 40 now" thing they patched in recently. I'd finally gotten Missile Strike and Markalite Cannon up to Level 30 and was rather proud/happy about that, and the extra cash their unneeded upgrade pieces now turned into was rather nice as well. Thanks for taking both of those away from me, Toho. :mad:
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:02 am In other topics, and I realize I'm a bit late to the party on this one, but I'm fairly annoyed at the "some units can go up to Level 40 now" thing they patched in recently. I'd finally gotten Missile Strike and Markalite Cannon up to Level 30 and was rather proud/happy about that, and the extra cash their unneeded upgrade pieces now turned into was rather nice as well. Thanks for taking both of those away from me, Toho. :mad:
I feel the same, honestly... Very recently got a few units to lv30, and was really enjoying just stockpiling cash since it's annoying hard to grind nowadays. Now some of the units I've been using who haven't even reached 30 are even further behind :(
/crawls back under rock

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Excelsior wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:27 pmConfession: I no longer play against a team that fields Minilla. When I see the creep I just give up. I don't care about rankings, and playing against him only frustrates me. So I don't do it.
I'm starting to get like this with people who play Godzilla Terrestris. I've come to learn that when I see Terrestris, even if I'm capable of beating the other person, the match is going to take forever to finish and I have no interest in spending that much time on a single match. That, and I am no longer able to ever kill him before he evolves into Ultima. I don't know if it's cheating or an update or what, but Terrestris seems to evolve super fast now. All in all, this game is really starting to aggravate me, honestly. The amount of cheaters using the "play normally until you start losing, at which point send your entire squad at once" strategy is noticeably increasing. I'm still annoyed at the addition of Level 40 for some units. I wish Toho would hurry up and just release an entire wave of new monsters because I'm sick of seeing the same 3 - 5 in every match. It's all just so... Ugh.

Also, is anyone else having an issue with the shortcuts to finish expeditions faster? I'm using them, but the game isn't registering that I am, so it's not actually using up a shortcut, nor shortening the expedition.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

I'll usually take a shot at taking down GT, but if they field him surrounded by a swarm I tap out.

I've been bemoaning the lack of diversity in most teams for a while. The problem is that the units being used are usually first generation so they've been built up the most by everyone.

Not having any problems with shortcuts, myself.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Encountered my first hacker. He literally spawned multiple kaiju right in front of me.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Anyone know when the next single player event starts?

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

Just saw something about that. I think it's the 17th. Gigan is the leader.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

They also mentioned something about Upgrade items to level up 4* instead of hoping you get duplicates??
Last edited by Breakdown on Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Latest cheating ass biitch with a stupid ass name = Hive King.

Got the shit beaten out of him so he started playing a never ending loop of Ghidorah, Battra, Mothra, Hedorah and Space Godzilla...literally all back to back and never ending.

Imagine being such a loser and knowing no one will ever love you that you cheat at cell phone games to feel important 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Breakdown wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:16 am They also mentioned something about Upgrade items to level up 4* instead of hoping you get duplicates??
It sounded like this'll be specifically for monsters that are being removed from the gacha (G2021 and Kong), that way if you have them, you'll have a way of upgrading them. But if it includes other monsters, I'm certainly down!
/crawls back under rock

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Also in case anyone else is dumb like me and didn't notice, it looks like event points carry over from the previous event. I thought they expired so I wasted my leftovers on useless cosmetics and such.