Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Sekizawa
Samurai

Re: Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

Post by Sekizawa »

The recommended level is for your leader-in your case, a level 16 Mothra. Not many of those around, I’d wager. Most of my deck pieces are around 20 and the rest 10-15, and I got stuck at 49-52 (with a level 6 Mothra).

I’d be interested to know the total number of waves and if they make the last ones tough enough so no one can get through them. Wonder how far the people with maxed out pieces have gotten?
Last edited by Sekizawa on Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Sekizawa wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:03 pm The recommended level is for your leader-in your case, a level 16 Mothra. Not many of those around, I’d wager. Most of my deck pieces are around 20 and the rest 10-15, and I got stuck at 49-52 (with a level 6 Mothra).
Literately balancing that around leader level is asinine post season 3 re"balance". My Mothra is iirc, 12 and I can't beat 60 yet. So, a 6 level different only net you like 8+ levels. Yeah that's pretty balanced Toho. Not like leveling up a 4* past like level 5 really means jack diddly. Last time I leveled up Mothra she got like 4 damage and like 15 HP. Totally worth getting those pieces! ​

Being locked into using a Mothra is probably one of the dumbest things. I get it, it's thematic but she has NO HP and NO WAY of defending herself. A Caesar charge is a fricekn death sentence and when the AI throws 2 of them at you along with 2 Terretrsis followed by a Ghidorah. Leader Level and Mothra in particular means absolutely nothing if you get swatted by a "challenge" mission. Please, the only change is trying to make a balanced game design apparently.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:10 pm I think I've said this before, but the stickers really need to be either reworked or gotten rid of. There's nothing more infuriating than someone energy-hacking and effortlessly whooping your backside and then sending you a "Thanks!" or a "Too Easy!" Either get rid of those or allow us something to respond to them with. I guess there's "Damn It!" but that just feels like you're merely complaining about losing rather than addressing the other player.
Kept forgetting to mention this, but you can actually disable stickers. When you start a match and click the little sticker-chat icon, there's a "Mute" button there. It prevents you from using them, but also you don't see the opponent use them, either.

Also, Dorats
https://twitter.com/Gz_battleline/statu ... 7312831493

Last edited by GigaBowserG on Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

So, I can't play the single player event stuff anymore because now when I select the current wave as soon as it starts it automatically closes the game, wasting the ticket in the process. I have no idea what asshats Toho has running this game, but they're the asshattiest of asshats. They're an asshat on top of an assclown.

EDIT: Even going back and trying to play a wave I've already beaten closes the game. :mad:
GigaBowserG wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:24 pm
TitanoGoji16 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:10 pm I think I've said this before, but the stickers really need to be either reworked or gotten rid of. There's nothing more infuriating than someone energy-hacking and effortlessly whooping your backside and then sending you a "Thanks!" or a "Too Easy!" Either get rid of those or allow us something to respond to them with. I guess there's "Damn It!" but that just feels like you're merely complaining about losing rather than addressing the other player.
Kept forgetting to mention this, but you can actually disable stickers. When you start a match and click the little sticker-chat icon, there's a "Mute" button there. It prevents you from using them, but also you don't see the opponent use them, either.
Ohh, really? Cool. I'll have to track that down, because I hate the stickers with a fiery passion, lol.
Oh. Not who I would've picked to add to the game, but... cool, I guess?
Last edited by TitanoGoji16 on Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

SpaceG92 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:30 pm
Sekizawa wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:03 pm The recommended level is for your leader-in your case, a level 16 Mothra. Not many of those around, I’d wager. Most of my deck pieces are around 20 and the rest 10-15, and I got stuck at 49-52 (with a level 6 Mothra).
Literately balancing that around leader level is asinine post season 3 re"balance". My Mothra is iirc, 12 and I can't beat 60 yet. So, a 6 level different only net you like 8+ levels. Yeah that's pretty balanced Toho. Not like leveling up a 4* past like level 5 really means jack diddly. Last time I leveled up Mothra she got like 4 damage and like 15 HP. Totally worth getting those pieces! ​

Being locked into using a Mothra is probably one of the dumbest things. I get it, it's thematic but she has NO HP and NO WAY of defending herself. A Caesar charge is a fricekn death sentence and when the AI throws 2 of them at you along with 2 Terretrsis followed by a Ghidorah. Leader Level and Mothra in particular means absolutely nothing if you get swatted by a "challenge" mission. Please, the only change is trying to make a balanced game design apparently.
Wait, you CAN'T use any leader other than Mothra? That's fucking lame lol. No thanks, I'll stick to multiplayer where I'm not forced to use a specific character.
GigaBowserG wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:24 pm

Also, Dorats
https://twitter.com/Gz_battleline/statu ... 7312831493

...Wha....what exactly are they going to do??
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Decided to try a lower level to grind some points. Got a few before I went back into it.

Lol, got curbed because bricks hands. Kong, G21 followed by SpaceG, then 5 seconds later is Ultima then Ghidorah then a Helibase. Yeah fuck this event. I have to get 15 kills with FUCKING FLOWER BEAST Biollante? What dipshit made that requirement. Even with a good opener of BioGoji and a SpaceGodzilla to handle Ghidorah. Their SpaceG just tanks your Godzilla because his crystals replenish too damn fast. I wish I had a Kamacuras to deal with it...OH WAIT, THEY GOT OBLITERATED BY THE INSTANT SPAWN GHIDORAH! Not to mention the Ultima sniping my units for 1/3rd of their HP.

This event was fucknig balanced around the pre-balance changes and never touched again, I just know it. No one in their right mind would make this hard of a scenario as "mid tier, Wave 59" because that's fucking asanine. WTF is Wave 80 the entire field fills with fucking Terrestris or King Caesar who charging chucks you to hell. Seriously, when they spawn 2 of them its bullshit enough because they burst you for like 4k damage and then DPS for about 700 a hit.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Breakdown wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:34 pm ...Wha....what exactly are they going to do??
Calling it, they'll shoot short-ranged lightning out of their wings. I can't believe you can kill Dorats... If your opponent kills your Dorats with King Ghidorah, it should ban them from using KG for the rest of the game due to a time paradox. The big nerf.

Nope nevermind, they just bash their skulls against their enemies. They're kind of like flying Kamacuras.

https://twitter.com/Gz_battleline/statu ... 2393496576
Last edited by GigaBowserG on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

Well, wave 45 is literally impossible. It's designed to force you to fail. I've replayed it 10 times and not once have I gotten units worth a flying f*ck.

Yes I'm suuuuuure you can beat it. But I went from literally not taking a single hit to it being completely impossible. Always the sign of an impeccably balanced game.
Last edited by Legendary Minya on Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

I can't figure out the endgame of this app. I reached level 62 and now I can't win a match. Reaching the high levels puts me in with players who far outstrip my ftp ass. The higher I climb, the less I win, and eventually I get where I am now: dead ended in unwinnable matches, which doesn't exactly encourage me to play more.

Maybe they should add more levels, give the whales and cheaters higher places to go so us mere mortals can still enjoy the game.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Legendary Minya wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:29 pm Well, wave 45 is literally impossible. It's designed to force you to fail. I've replayed it 10 times and not once have I gotten units worth a flying f*ck.
You have to be lucky on 45, but it also comes down to unit levels. One thing I did was get all my 4 star units that I could up to level 5 as they have a huge ramp up toward that level, which has helped with a lot of these.

That said, the wave right after is very hard (46-48). The level jumps from 12 to 14 and 46 is so, so hard. It starts off with a wall of Battra Larvas and Mothra Larvas advancing with a pair Biollante Roses in the back near the leader. They are high level, but not too bad... what is bad is after awhile the computer then follows it up with a horde of Imago versions that just rip you apart. Barely beat it, by a stroke of luck that my Stealth Bomber got the winning hit while I was a hit away from defeat.

My current Everest is 49-51. However, I've given on beating it, I would have to level everything up a lot to do it along with get super lucky in the units they give me. As a result I have just been grinding out wins on 43-45 with my daily tickets to try and get my win and unit defeat count higher for more tokens while netting 6,000+ G-tokens a day from it.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Well, trying to play an Event wave still closes out my game. Tried playing a normal match and sent out Rodan and Moguera to double team the opponent's leader but when I tried to use Godzilla's special in order to power them up, it just so happened to not let me use my special and so Godzilla got bumrushed and obliterated by the wave of units the opponent sent at me. Tried a second normal match and as my wave of units was about halfway across the screen, the game just froze (not the usual connection error, but flat out froze) and when it finally unfroze, most of my units were suddenly either dead or very close to dead, except for my Rodan, who remained frozen even though all my other units were moving again just fine.

This game is literally, technically, and objectively unplayable, and Toho needs to get their shiitake together NOW. I'm THIS close to uninstalling the game. This shiitake isn't fun anymore.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Can't conquer Wave 40, so I've just been grinding the wave before. My Mothra isn't very strong, and I have no desire to level or roll for her just for this particular event. I feel like what could make this better is if you could choose multiple teams for the 3 different waves - it would pull from your various builds in your team menu (giving more incentive to actually use those multiple Team slots).

Fortunately, they have the event as "beta" so we're more or less in like a playable, experimental phase of it. Call me naive, but I'm pretty confident they'll iron out the random unit rotation thing, since that just sucks. Hopefully there's enough feedback going their way for the next event to be enjoyable - the "recommended level" label makes no sense, as it's far more dependent on the level of your units as opposed to just your leader, in addition to the luck factor involved in what units you pull as well.
/crawls back under rock

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

I'm not trying to be snide or anything but I'm not thinking Toho will care if we uninstall it or not. What we have to do is stop spending money on the game. I bought the "premium pass" the first two months but have no intention on doing it again until the game is enjoyable. I will say i"m seeing less cheaters - whether that's because they have been banned/gave up, or because I'm playing less so I stay at a lower level, who knows.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:33 pmTried a second normal match and as my wave of units was about halfway across the screen, the game just froze (not the usual connection error, but flat out froze) and when it finally unfroze, most of my units were suddenly either dead or very close to dead, except for my Rodan, who remained frozen even though all my other units were moving again just fine.
I think this happens when someone has a bad connection. I've had it happen to me, and I fear my opponents have had a similar experience sometimes as my connection at my new apartment is not the greatest. Toho really needs to improve how it handles things when people are playing with a spotty connection.
GigaBowserG wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:56 amCall me naive, but I'm pretty confident they'll iron out the random unit rotation thing, since that just sucks.
Yeah this is my biggest beef with the current event. I actually love that it's making me use units I normally don't, and giving me an excuse to power them up a little. That said, what sucks is the luck factor. Like I've had a game where my starting hand was Hedorah Flying Form, Energy Tank, Dimension Tide and The Psychic Chorus with the previewed next unit being something like the Freezing Sonde or Missile Strike. In that scenario, there was really nothing I could do. Levels didn't matter. I got steam rolled simply because the game gave me a hand that wouldn't allow me to defend in a real way until after spending a massive amount of energy.

A possible solution to this is that Toho limits what units come up based on the wave. So your deck is between these 12 units that Toho has hand picked for example, ideally having play tested so they know it's doable with their choices.
GigaBowserG wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:56 am...the "recommended level" label makes no sense, as it's far more dependent on the level of your units as opposed to just your leader, in addition to the luck factor involved in what units you pull as well.
Yeah the recommended level aspect feels worthless. It's not a good barometer for how tough stages are. They might as well just change that to "Difficulty grade" or something else.
Legendary Minya wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:45 amI'm not trying to be snide or anything but I'm not thinking Toho will care if we uninstall it or not. What we have to do is stop spending money on the game.
While they ultimately care about revenue from the game, I'm sure they track other metrics pretty heavily. Daily engagement and time spent on the game are pretty common ones to track. Stuff like that is often used to justify if a change is positive or negative when they don't directly anticipate it to bring in extra money.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Leader levels absolutely don't matter the way this crap is set up. My Mothra is level 6, and literally every wave before 45, nothing can hit me. I've played 45 15 times and died pathetically doing no damage each time because they give me shitty useless units.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

I just don't understand it. I keep leveling my team up every chance I have. They're all 20 and over - the max level is 30, isn't it? - and I just keep losing and losing, over and over. I've gotta be losing every eight or nine matches out of ten by this point. I'm still seeing enemy units wiping out my highest level monsters in two or three hits. Does leveling your units up even DO anything in this game?

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

The balance in Battle Line seems very odd to say the least

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

So I played the event and it's really, really easy so far. Maybe i just haven't gotten far enough yet?

Also:

> Opens a common expedition box

> Hears the jingle indicating you got a 4 star unit

> It's Godzilla Terrestris

Godzilla Terrestris might as well be my spirit animal given how much the game throws him at me.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Breakdown wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:33 pmSo I played the event and it's really, really easy so far. Maybe i just haven't gotten far enough yet?
On Wave 49 the match opens by throwing MonsterVerse Godzilla and MonsterVerse Kong at you at the same time and I have yet to come up with (or be provided) a combination of units capable of getting past them. The most I've been able to do is take out Godzilla before Kong finishes off whoever the unit is. Even my BioGoji gets shredded by them.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:47 pm On Wave 49 the match opens by throwing MonsterVerse Godzilla and MonsterVerse Kong at you at the same time and I have yet to come up with (or be provided) a combination of units capable of getting past them. The most I've been able to do is take out Godzilla before Kong finishes off whoever the unit is. Even my BioGoji gets shredded by them.
It's completely luck-based on the units you draw. If you're able to get Minilla or Masers for G2021, those are his kryptonite. Resets his breath attack each time he's hit by their attacks. Konk has a punch that can knock out multiple units at once, however...
/crawls back under rock