Godzilla Pinball game

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Godzilla Pinball game

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Godzilla Pinball has been announced today from Toho
[YouTube]https://youtu.be/MyPu0ISADZ8[/YouTube]

What are your thoughts on this pinball

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Re: Godzilla Pinball game

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Looks fun.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Great Hierophant
Interpol Agent

Post by Great Hierophant »

I'll probably have a nerdgasm if I ever get a chance to play it.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

I need it in my basement yesterday! Seriously, I’ve been planning on doing a small arcade area in the basement after I finish the home theater. And a pinball game was an absolute, non-negotiable must have. But 9 grand for the one with all the awesome moving parts (or nearly $7K for the one WITHOUT the moving parts)?? Good grief.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

That looks amazing.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Damn Stern.....they made a TMNT one too and now this? I wish I could afford them both.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Dude, if I could I’d get this, their Star Wars one, and the Batman ‘66 one.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Uh huh.... if you could then what? Don't leave us han

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Looks amazing. Makes me want to play some pinball.

Added in 49 seconds:
goji89 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:34 pm Uh huh.... if you could then what? Don't leave us han
😂😂😂

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

goji89 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:34 pm Uh huh.... if you could then what? Don't leave us han
I believe he was hinting some sort of climactic release. Can't blame the guy.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Uh…? It was in my post? I’d get three pinball machines. If I could.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Sometimes in life you just get lucky. We were looking for something fun to do with the kids tonight and I had the idea of going to an arcade. I found a cool looking local place that specializes in pinball and we headed out. I secretly thought how awesome would it be if they had the Godzilla game, but assumed there’s no way they would. It was a place that looked to primarily specialize in restoring older games.

Well, what did we come face to face with immediately upon walking in the front door? There it was front and center: the new Stern Godzilla pinball game in all its illuminated flashing glory!

The place was set up where you pay an hourly rate for all you can play for most of the room, but the front row by the front door was set up regular pay-per-play style (and all the proceeds go to MS research). So we spent our hour playing all the other games first and saved Godzilla for last. And it was SO MUCH FUN. It’s one of the best pinball games I’ve ever played (and that’s even ignoring the fact that I’m a Godzilla nerd who was bound to love it no matter what). These latest Stern games from the last few years are just phenomenal machines and Godzilla is no exception.

They also had an amazing looking Ultraman game on that front row, but my kids and I got so caught up in the fun and excitement playing Godzilla that I totally forgot to play it!

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

The beachside arcade I've been going to since I was a kid has got the Godzilla pinball machine! It's a real beauty - can't wait to play a few more times before heading home.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Played it for about an hour while on vacation.

This thing is probably the best licensed Godzilla product the US has ever produced.

It's so packed with details - the illustrations, sounds and video clips from the Showa films, a choice between English and Japanese newscaster narrators, the B.O.C. song playing at the game over screen. Just tremendously fun to play.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Angilasman wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:10 pm Played it for about an hour while on vacation.

This thing is probably the best licensed Godzilla product the US has ever produced.

It's so packed with details - the illustrations, sounds and video clips from the Showa films, a choice between English and Japanese newscaster narrators, the B.O.C. song playing at the game over screen. Just tremendously fun to play.
It really is. Just a masterpiece of a game and clearly a work of passion by the creative team.

Wish I could afford one for my basement but almost $7000 for the “barebones” version or $9000 for the better “bells and whistles” version makes that highly unlikely. Guess I’ll just have to enjoy it at the arcade.

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

Cool clip of the Stern Godzilla pinball machines being shipped off from the factory:

www.instagram.com/reel/CofclYYjMjr/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Local barcade just got one of these! WOOHOO!

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Finally made my way to the local Godzilla pinball cabinet I found out about. Still wonderful, but I am not particularly skilled at pinball! Nice couple complemented my Godzilla shirt and proceeded to play after me... they were much better at it and caused all sorts of new phases to the game I was unaware of, including clips and animations of more monsters who appear on the screen to challenge Godzilla within the loose narrative of the game!

Gojira-Fan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira-Fan »

Been playing this at my local barcade with my gf obsessively. I got over 165,000,000 on it. Some people can get over a billion and I really wonder how lol.

This has made me more into playing pinball than I ever had been before.

Love when the multiball happens.
Last edited by Gojira-Fan on Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Did they have to depict Godzilla as green?