Godzilla vs. The Wolfman

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Goji
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla vs. The Wolfman

Post by Goji »

Did nobody read the Sci-Fi Japan article from a few years ago about all of Nakajima's films? All of this was covered in that, which if you weren't at G-Fest 2013 and 2014, you probably wouldn't have known about them otherwise.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Goji wrote:Did nobody read the Sci-Fi Japan article from a few years ago about all of Nakajima's films? All of this was covered in that, which if you weren't at G-Fest 2013 and 2014, you probably wouldn't have known about them otherwise.
Yep, it's a great article! Everyone interested in this subject really should give it a read:

In Search Of Monsters: WOLFMAN vs GODZILLA

(I can forgive people missing it, the article IS from 2013.)

ArchdukeCaligula
Monsterland Worker

Post by ArchdukeCaligula »

Don't know if any of you have seen this, but the early footage with Baragon in it got uploaded to YouTube.
Last edited by ArchdukeCaligula on Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
HayesAJones wrote:
ArchdukeCaligula wrote:The Giant Behemoth(does that thing have a name)
He answers to Franklin.
JAGzilla wrote:^ What... the skreeonk… has gone wrong in your life that this level of hatred is directed at a cartoon three-year-old? :lol:

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Is GvWM ever gonna be released ever? I definitely know the director guy is still working on it, but man, it’s taking a long ass time.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

To be honest, I think if it was gonna turn up anywhere official, it would have been as an extra on the Criterion Godzilla set, and since it wasn't, I'm not holding my breath.
The only other way I could see is if it was put on Toho's official Godzilla YouTube channel.
I do hope it sees the light of day though.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

This film has been in the works for so long, it has actually reached a point where i can actually say; "Man, I really hope the director doesn't pass before he gets a chance to finish everything!"

Dark i know, but it could honestly happen at this rate. Last i heard anything about this film it was suppose to show up at the Olympics.. don't think that's happening anymore.
Last edited by Gigantis on Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

So, what exactly is up with this movie? Is the whole thing filmed and we’re just waiting on it to be edited, or is it still being filmed?
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Gigantis wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:21 pm This film has been in the works for so long, it has actually reached a point where i can actually say; "Man, I really hope the director doesn't pass before he gets a chance to finish everything!"

Dark i know, but it could honestly happen at this rate. Last i heard anything about this film it was suppose to show up at the Olympics.. don't think that's happening anymore.
...where'd you hear that??

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:47 pm So, what exactly is up with this movie? Is the whole thing filmed and we’re just waiting on it to be edited, or is it still being filmed?
I think the director is still trying to merge pieces of the movie together so it can actually be a... well, proper movie still?
Legion1979 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:07 am ...where'd you hear that??
Back in like... 2018, before pandemic years. Between COVID and the Olympics itself being super shaky right now, don't think it's happening.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

There is another video of it on Youtube, but it's a collection of scenes. Once it gets edited into a whole, we'll see what happens.

Off topic, that Baragon and Wolfman video make me think. We've had Baragon face Frank already, and this video marks another popular monster of folklore. To complete the set all we need is a vampire and mummy.
I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Jermobooka wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:58 pmIs GvWM ever gonna be released ever? I definitely know the director guy is still working on it, but man, it’s taking a long ass time.
Remember when the director said he was hoping to have it finished by 2016? Good times.
Gigantis wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:21 pmThis film has been in the works for so long, it has actually reached a point where i can actually say; "Man, I really hope the director doesn't pass before he gets a chance to finish everything!"
Right? Like I understand the guy has a life and other things to do besides work on the movie, but good lord, it was filmed back in the early '80s. Even if he only edited one minute of the film per day (maybe even per week), it would've been done by now.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."