Kaiju Fan Confessions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Post by _JNavs_ »

The old funny lookin dude looks like he's up my alley as far as kooky mains go
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Dracosaurian wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:52 pm I think Singular Point's characters just might become some of my all time favorites. There's just something about them that I like.
Same. I’ve been keeping up with SP and some of the spoilers, and so far the characters are really varied, colorful, and interesting. Excited to actually see it all when it heads over to the states in June!
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Are you guys just watching SP without subs so far?
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:46 pm Are you guys just watching SP without subs so far?
Yes.

How the hell they like the characters without knowing a lick of Japanese is beyond me? The animated acting must be perfection.
Last edited by goji89 on Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Nah I am awaiting the official release in the US Netflix. But if it doesn't come to June I may kill myself first.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

godjacob wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:40 pm Nah I am awaiting the official release in the US Netflix. But if it doesn't come to June I may kill myself first.
No man don't do it. It's NOT worth it. Come on down from that metaphorical ledge and let's talk about it.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

goji89 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:42 pm
godjacob wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:40 pm Nah I am awaiting the official release in the US Netflix. But if it doesn't come to June I may kill myself first.
No man don't do it. It's NOT worth it. Come on down from that metaphorical ledge and let's talk about it.
But this metaphorical ledge is all I have!

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

goji89 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:34 pm
Rando Yaguchi wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:46 pm Are you guys just watching SP without subs so far?
Yes.

How the hell they like the characters without knowing a lick of Japanese is beyond me? The animated acting must be perfection.

It is subbed on some sites.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

I honestly love how so far the main SP characters are just ordinary schmucks trying to make sense of the events and kaiju appearances. I really missed those type of mundane Human protagonists in the franchise.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Dv-218 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:49 pm I honestly love how so far the main SP characters are just ordinary schmucks trying to make sense of the events and kaiju appearances. I really missed those type of mundane Human protagonists in the franchise.
Like your average Showa era protagonist.
For Emperor and Empire!

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Voyager wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:54 pm
Dv-218 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:49 pm I honestly love how so far the main SP characters are just ordinary schmucks trying to make sense of the events and kaiju appearances. I really missed those type of mundane Human protagonists in the franchise.
It was about time for some more Showa shilling from you! TK felt so...empty without it :(
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Jermobooka wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:34 pm
It was about time for some more Showa shilling from you! TK felt so...empty without it :(
It aint shilling if it’s true. Most Showa protagonist were every day people.
For Emperor and Empire!

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Voyager wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:09 pm
Jermobooka wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:34 pm

It aint shilling if it’s true. Most Showa protagonist were every day people.
It definitely beats the M i l i t a r y M a n character the Monsterverse films have a lot of!
Image Image

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Right cause the number of Showa scientists should just be ignored now. Or the government agents, yeah real regular joes them.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Eh, there were plenty of movies centered on ordinary schmucks. KKvG, EHOTD, GRA, GvG, GvMG, and GR, for example.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Have the Monsterverse films really revolved around military man protagonists?

2014 had Brody yes, but Skull Island had Mason who was a photo-journalist and Conrad had become a Hunter-tracker for the most part with his military background being the source of his skills. GVK had almost no direct military characters other than a presence. KOTM is the only one other than 2014 that went super hard on it. But for Skull island and GVK I'd say they don't really differ much from a late Heisei or Millenium era film even some Showa films
Last edited by ROMG4 on Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

godjacob wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:57 pm WHEN WILL IT COME TO THE US NETFLIX >-<
June

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Skull Island had Packard as a main character, too, don't forget. But yes, the idea of military characters dominating the Monsterverse is a strange exaggeration.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Packard if anything was the antagonist of Skull Island not one of the leads we follow.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Leads doesn't just mean the protagonists. Antagonists drive the story as much as the protagonists, if not more so.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.