Kaiju Fan Confessions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Post by BlankAccount »

- Any incarnation of Rodan where the official stats never say exactly how fast he flies, just that it's supersonic speed, fly at Mach 5 or above in my head-canon. It's stupid and silly I know but I grew up with the Trendmasters Toys and the card for Rodan said he flew at Mach 5. So imagine my surprise to learn none have officially flew at that speed, Showa it's 1.5 and Heisei 3. Other like GFW aren't given a number, just that it's supersonic flight. Rodan may not be the fastest, but it feels wrong to me if he isn't one of the fastest.

- I seriously wanna see a movie where Gigan use it's alien tech to hack into Earth's radio stations, flip through several stations with the receiver in it's head before coming to metal song playing in it's head, deciding he likes it and then start destroying a city to that music. It's dumb and silly and it so fits his asshole character.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Living Corpse wrote:
- I seriously wanna see a movie where Gigan use it's alien tech to hack into Earth's radio stations, flip through several stations with the receiver in it's head before coming to metal song playing in it's head, deciding he likes it and then start destroying a city to that music. It's dumb and silly and it so fits his asshole character.
You're a mad genius, Corpse. :lol: It would have to take place in the right movie, though.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Goodness, with the right movie as stated above, this idea would honestly be nothing short of perfection. It wouldn't even have to be something inherently obvious to show that Gigan likes said music either; a crook of his head to one side, or a small chirp, or clanging his hooks together in excitement before he starts laying waste to the city.

#BotM

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

Godzilla165 wrote:
Goodness, with the right movie as stated above, this idea would honestly be nothing short of perfection. It wouldn't even have to be something inherently obvious to show that Gigan likes said music either; a crook of his head to one side, or a small chirp, or clanging his hooks together in excitement before he starts laying waste to the city.
Well, now I wish I had done something like that during this post in Gorilla Whale (skip to last paragraph).
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1660098
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

JAGzilla wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
You're a mad genius, Corpse. :lol: It would have to take place in the right movie, though.
It's been on my mind for a loooong time and I figured fuck it, Orga's UFO hacked computers in Godzilla 2000. Might as well share an idea that's a step further.

Marp
Yojimbo

Post by Marp »

Living Corpse wrote:It's been on my mind for a loooong time and I figured fuck it, Orga's UFO hacked computers in Godzilla 2000. Might as well share an idea that's a step further.
That explains all the tentacles and attempted vore. G2K was further ahead of its time than I thought..

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Marp wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:It's been on my mind for a loooong time and I figured skreeonk it, Orga's UFO hacked computers in Godzilla 2000. Might as well share an idea that's a step further.
That explains all the tentacles and attempted vore. G2K was further ahead of its time than I thought..
GODZILLA!

KINKSHAMER OF THE MONSTERS!

RIP Evan.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Orga, horror of DeviantArt

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Dv-218 wrote:Orga, horror of DeviantArt
Hehe... "Vorga"

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Vorgasm

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Last night I had an absolutely surreal dream.

It played out like I had woken up in the middle of the night and decided to watch something on my phone. The thing I watched was somekind of Godzilla movie featuring the Godzilla suit from G2000. The action followed two main characters, a Japanese man and woman, who were caught up in battle between Godzilla and another kaiju that I couldn't see. At first I thought it must be Godzilla vs Megaguirus but couldn't place where the scene I was watching was supposed to fit in that movie. Then the male protagonist appeared to die in an excessively gory and very not-Toho style death, only to suddenly get better and continue escaping from the kaiju. This caused me to suddenly somehow realize that I was watching "that partially lost seventh Millennium series movie, which everyone knows about", despite the fact that of course no such movie exists! The plot had something to do with scientists reverse engineering Godzilla's regeneration abilities and bestowing them on an enhanced human. I remember in the dream I could recall a bunch of out of universe details about the nonexistent movie, like what year footage of it surfaced online (2017 or something), only to forget most of it after I woke up.
Last edited by Ivo-goji on Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

I thought Godzilla looked adorable when he tried to grab/swat the planes passing him by in the 1954 movie. His lil' arms trying to snatch the planes.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

I enjoyed the TK toons a decade ago when I was 9 when they started up until they got into the DBZ parody shit.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Heisei Rodan is the worst Rodan in my opinion.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:Heisei Rodan is the worst Rodan in my opinion.
Yeah i agree. His beam/transformation is really unnecessary and the size difference between him and Godzilla is very jaring. I prefer my Rodan to be equal, if not slightly smaller, than Godzilla.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

tyrantgoji wrote:
Yeah i agree. His beam/transformation is really unnecessary and the size difference between him and Godzilla is very jaring. I prefer my Rodan to be equal, if not slightly smaller, than Godzilla.

See, I thought the same thing but then this boy came along
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

tyrantgoji wrote:
I can't remember the source, but I remember the size difference being attributed to the fact that the director or designer did not want the Heisei series to be filled with monsters equal to or larger than Godzilla. Biollante and Ghidorah towered over Godzilla, the latter even after the size increase. Mothra and Battra weren't as big, but their wingspans were enormous relative to Godzilla's body size. MechaGodzilla is actually 20 meters taller than Godzilla according to official sources.
In that context, it makes a lot of sense why the design choice was made. Again, no proof, but I wouldn't be surprised if the specific size of the monster was made to make this work out:

I agree the beam was uncessary.

I don't hate Heisei/Fire Rodan, but I would say it's the most forgettable incarnation of the monster
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

tyrantgoji wrote:
And his design isn't that good, either.

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

As far as Rodan portrayals go, I think it goes: Showa Rodan > MonsterVerse Rodan > Heisei Rodan > GFW Rodan. Purely in terms of design, MV Rodan is my favorite (and the best part of KOTM, in my opinion), but Showa Rodan wins out because of both personality and actually having the strength to hold his own against Godzilla and Ghidorah.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

For me a large part of my enjoyment in kaiju films is the destruction and watched the might of man's military fail miserably in the face of the kaiju's overwhelming power. Sadly most recent kaiju films have eschewed most of that to focus purely on monster fights. I love a good monster fight but there's way more to kaiju films that just that. Sadly that's all most recent films seem to care about.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983