Kaiju Fan Confessions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Kiryu2012
Keizer

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Godzilla vs Kong is quite possibly my favorite of the Monsterverse films, with KOTM a close second.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

GVK is a flawed but fun film which has the benefit over KOTM in that it knows what it's trying to do and doesn't strech itself trying to be a big epic that's trying to say something while adding multiple bits of lore but at the same time, GVK has a LOT more glaring problems in scripts and character where KOTM does not.

RIP Evan.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

I think the Godzilla fandom should separate from the. general Monsterverse fandom there's so much toxicity over who better Godzilla or Kong that is really depresses me I'm starting too wish that Legendary just stuck with a Godzilla trilogy and keep Kong Skull Island separate. I remember how I felt when they first announced this shared universe and I was preferring that they keep separate and now after all these years I was right to feel that way. Then you have a subset of Godzilla fans who excuse the Monsterverse humans by claiming that the Godzilla films never had deep human character when I'm literally trying to get naysayers to understand are viewpoint and realize that this franchise as more depth then people give it credit for. The Monsterverse has truly damaged my love for the fandom similar to my experience with DC and Marvel such a shame.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

DynomikeGojira wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:38 am I think the Godzilla fandom should separate from the. general Monsterverse fandom there's so much toxicity over who better Godzilla or Kong that is really depresses me I'm starting too wish that Legendary just stuck with a Godzilla trilogy and keep Kong Skull Island separate. I remember how I felt when they first announced this shared universe and I was preferring that they keep separate and now after all these years I was right to feel that way. Then you have a subset of Godzilla fans who excuse the Monsterverse humans by claiming that the Godzilla films never had deep human character when I'm literally trying to get naysayers to understand are viewpoint and realize that this franchise as more depth then people give it credit for. The Monsterverse has truly damaged my love for the fandom similar to my experience with DC and Marvel such a shame.
Why should it separate when most people like both Godzilla and the Monsterverse? How should it separate, for that matter? I’m not a big fan of the Star Wars sequel trilogy or the toxicity it has created, but to say that should be separate from the main Star Wars fandom would be silly, entitled, and arrogant. “Your fandom” isn’t better.

People arguing over who’s better between Godzilla and Kong? If you poke your head in the FMs you’ll see people have bitched and fought about such topic for years. The Godzilla fandom has always had those people.

Those why try to claim Godzilla movies have always had bad human characters? They’ve existed since before G14 was even a twinkle in Legendary’s eye. If anything, that attitude was even more prevalent then. The Monsterverse has thrust Godzilla into the public spotlight that’s given him a level of respect he’s never had in my lifetime.

Get off your high horse.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Kaiju-King42 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:57 am
DynomikeGojira wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:38 am I think the Godzilla fandom should separate from the. general Monsterverse fandom there's so much toxicity over who better Godzilla or Kong that is really depresses me I'm starting too wish that Legendary just stuck with a Godzilla trilogy and keep Kong Skull Island separate. I remember how I felt when they first announced this shared universe and I was preferring that they keep separate and now after all these years I was right to feel that way. Then you have a subset of Godzilla fans who excuse the Monsterverse humans by claiming that the Godzilla films never had deep human character when I'm literally trying to get naysayers to understand are viewpoint and realize that this franchise as more depth then people give it credit for. The Monsterverse has truly damaged my love for the fandom similar to my experience with DC and Marvel such a shame.
Why should it separate when most people like both Godzilla and the Monsterverse? How should it separate, for that matter? I’m not a big fan of the Star Wars sequel trilogy or the toxicity it has created, but to say that should be separate from the main Star Wars fandom would be silly, entitled, and arrogant. “Your fandom” isn’t better.

People arguing over who’s better between Godzilla and Kong? If you poke your head in the FMs you’ll see people have bitched and fought about such topic for years. The Godzilla fandom has always had those people.

Those why try to claim Godzilla movies have always had bad human characters? They’ve existed since before G14 was even a twinkle in Legendary’s eye. If anything, that attitude was even more prevalent then. The Monsterverse has thrust Godzilla into the public spotlight that’s given him a level of respect he’s never had in my lifetime.

Get off your high horse.
You don't see the stuff I deal with I have suicidal depression and and stuff gets to me because characters like Godzilla and Batman have gotten me threw bad times including several suicide attempts but I guess that makes me weak.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

DynomikeGojira wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:03 am
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:57 am

Get off your high horse.
You don't see the stuff I deal with I have suicidal depression and and stuff gets to me because characters like Godzilla and Batman have gotten me threw bad times including several suicide attempts but I guess that makes me weak.
No, that doesn’t make you weak. If anything I understand where you’re coming from. My hype for each Monsterverse entry has helped motivate me to keep going.

I just don’t like it when sweeping generalizations about fandoms are made like that, or the implication made that they should stop existing.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Yeah you're right I just have to accept it's a apart of every fandom I just had a bad emotional response to certains things people have said on YouTube and reddit discussions and I'm not a fan of unnecessary conflict so it got to me. I'm starting to feel better an generally I still love all the fandoms I'm a part it's mostly been positive and most debate I have had have been civil good natured fun. I am grateful for what the Monsterverse has done for helping our franchise grow I'm just disheartened few people can make such a positive experience turn into a negative. But thanks for understanding where I'm coming from and offering valid points that helped me put things in perspective.👍

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

Out of the live action movies released out of the past 2+ decades, Godzilla vs. Kong is legitimately close to my least favorite with only vs. Megaguirus and Final Wars falling behind it. There feels like massive chunks missing from it and while its predecessor was overstuffed this just threw out almost everything from it and wasted Ren Serizawa who in my opinion by all means should have been more important. I'm glad the characters at least act like they exist in the world even though the humor is still terrible.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Have i already said i don’t like the Heisei Series all that much? Cuz i’m saying it again

The only good films from the Heisei series are Returns, Biollante, and Destoroyah. Everything else is bad.

The Heisei redesigns for Ghidorah, Mothra, Rodan, and Mechagodzilla are my least favorite

The Heisei Gamera trilogy is leagues better than the Godzilla Heisei series in every way

I uniconically love Jet Jaguar
Last edited by Jermobooka on Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

After the recent Godzilla vs. Kong film, I have to say without question now my personal fav Godzilla is the Legendary one.
Spoiler:
The way he blasted into the Hollow Earth, and seemed to almost dare Kong to come up and face him that was the most badass "flex" I've ever seen in a Godzilla movie. I really felt his personality shined here when he was on screen and do hope we get more of the MonsterVerse.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Jermobooka wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:07 pm

JJ is a favorite around here.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

edgaguirus wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:20 pm

Now with me. Never saw the big deal about him
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Godzilla21 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:44 am
edgaguirus wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:20 pm

Now with me. Never saw the big deal about him
Yup, same.

JJ can suck my shiny metal ass.

Wait that's Bender

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Jet Jaguar is the ultimate representation of the campy side of the 70s Showa films, for better or for worse. Your tolerance/enjoyment of him very much ties to how much you tolerate/embrace that side of the franchise.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Jermobooka wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:07 pm The only good films from the Heisei series are Returns, Biollante, and Destoroyah. Everything else is bad.

The Heisei Gamera trilogy is leagues better than the Godzilla Heisei series in every way

I can get behind pretty much all of these.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Jermobooka wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:07 pm I uniconically love Jet Jaguar
I'll be completely transparent here, I have no idea what it is about Jet Jaguar that I find so appealing, but to me he is the embodiment of "FUN". I think it's pretty fair to say I'm excited for Singular Point.

I'm still also holding out for LSD's idea of the salary man jj show to come to fruition, despite the fact that it'll never happen.
He Jock it Made of Steel

Handsome Shrek
G-Grasper

Post by Handsome Shrek »

Just gonna say this much....

I am beyond ecstatic that the fans that hang around these forums aren't in charge of the Monsterverse going forward

Sweet Jesus... if the ideas on Tohokingdom make me cringe, I can only imagine what kind of hocus pocus they're dreaming-up at the fanboy roosts r/monsterverse and Scified
Last edited by Handsome Shrek on Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Based AF

-Logically-minded free-thinker

-King of the Monsters is overhated

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Handsome Shrek wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:02 pm Just gonna say this much....

I am beyond ecstatic that the fans that hang around these forums aren't in charge of the Monsterverse going forward

Sweet Jesus... if the ideas on Tohokingdom make me cringe, I can only imagine what kind of hocus pocus they're dreaming-up at the fanboy roosts r/monsterverse and Scified
Could you give us some examples?
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

_JNavs_ wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:09 pm
Handsome Shrek wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:02 pm Just gonna say this much....

Could you give us some examples?
Future of the Monsterverse?

Just guessing :lol:

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

While I really enjoy the new Shin Ultraman kaiju designs, I can't help but think Neronga reminds me of the Blue Meanie from the Beatles animated Yellow Submarine film.
He Jock it Made of Steel