Kaiju Fan Confessions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Post by mikelcho »

Jetty_Jags wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:58 pm Horrible derail, but Soggy, I love your profile pic.
I like it too, but I can't make it bigger by clicking on it. Could you please show JJ and I a bigger picture?

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

mikelcho wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:48 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:58 pm Horrible derail, but Soggy, I love your profile pic.
I like it too, but I can't make it bigger by clicking on it. Could you please show JJ and I a bigger picture?
If you open the image in a new tab you get this,

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 125650.jpg
He Jock it Made of Steel

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Jetty_Jags wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:06 pm
mikelcho wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:48 am
If you open the image in a new tab you get this,

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 125650.jpg
Thanks, JJ! I think it's cute!

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Great picture there.

His jock it made of steel.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

One thing I love Is that a new incarnation of Jet Jaguar is made and yet the original is the "chad Schwznagger one" and not the Danny Devito one.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

godjacob wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:46 am I mean people ship Godzilla/Mothra nowadays so it is just common among any fandoms weird as it can be.
I'm a little older than most here and BACK IN MY DAY WHEN I WALKED TO SCHOOL 3 MILES IN THE SNOW we never had any of this shipping stuff. Godzilla and Mothra were enemies and sometimes allies. Thats it! The way it should be. Hate to say it but it weirds me out all the art I see these days. One dude on Facebook posted it constantly so I blocked him.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Godzilla21 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:08 am
godjacob wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:46 am I mean people ship Godzilla/Mothra nowadays so it is just common among any fandoms weird as it can be.
I'm a little older than most here and BACK IN MY DAY WHEN I WALKED TO SCHOOL 3 MILES IN THE SNOW we never had any of this shipping stuff. Godzilla and Mothra were enemies and sometimes allies. Thats it! The way it should be. Hate to say it but it weirds me out all the art I see these days. One dude on Facebook posted it constantly so I blocked him.
Hell yeah. I hate to see that shiiit. What's the point?

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

goji89 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:19 am
I have my theories on why people do it. But its just not my cup of tea!
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Godzilla21 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:29 am
goji89 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:19 am

I have my theories on why people do it. But its just not my cup of tea!
Spill the tea sister.... we got nothing but time.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I think the weirdest thing about it, aside from the fact that it's people treating blatantly animalistic creatures as if they were sitcom characters, is the weird "obligation" that Mothra, being one of the few female monsters, has to be romantically involved with the central character, Godzilla. It's made even worse when you realize that Mothra and Godzilla have been enemies more than they've been allies, so this weird revisionist history that they're "close friends" or whatever is so strange.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

UltramanGoji wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:04 am
I think the weirdest thing about it, aside from the fact that it's people treating blatantly animalistic creatures as if they were sitcom characters, is the weird "obligation" that Mothra, being one of the few female monsters, has to be romantically involved with the central character, Godzilla. It's made even worse when you realize that Mothra and Godzilla have been enemies more than they've been allies, so this weird revisionist history that they're "close friends" or whatever is so strange.
All of this basically.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

True fans ship Godzilla with Anguirus.

eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Kaiju-King42 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:42 am True fans ship Godzilla with Anguirus.

No.

For the love of Bob no.

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

goji89 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:52 am
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:42 am True fans ship Godzilla with Anguirus.

No.

For the love of Bob no.
Well, I don't know nor care who Bob is, so his love can't stop me :v
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

UltramanGoji wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:04 am
I think in the MonsterVerse's case, it is specifically because of Mothra's new title as "Queen of the Monsters" as well as the symbiotic relationship that exists between her and Godzilla which provides ship fuel more than anything. I do think a lot of people go off late Showa standings as the expected "canon" for all Godzilla (Godzilla & Angurius best buddies always, Mothra helping make Godzilla/Rodan heroes etc.) but in this case I think the film itself provided backstory and context for why this pairing is popular.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Manuelito Canelito wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:59 am
goji89 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:52 am

No.

For the love of Bob no.
Well, I don't know nor care who Bob is, so his love can't stop me :v
Bob is love, Bob is everywhere, to not know Bob is Blasphemous

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

As much as I like Godzilla’s character change in the Showa era, its handling definitely undermines the point of the first film by sharing continuity. Like damn, good thing we dropped those nukes or we’d be slaves to an alien empire. Heisei was able to have its cake and eat it too by making it so every villain was either a product of Godzilla’s existence or the atomic tests that roused him from his sleep. Godzilla saves the day, but if we hadn’t dropped the nukes, there wouldn’t have been a crisis to begin with.

If there’s an alien invasion plot in a future G film, it should be human arrogance that provokes the alien attack, or they should be attracted to Earth because of Godzilla being here.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

LockBite wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:42 pm As much as I like Godzilla’s character change in the Showa era, its handling definitely undermines the point of the first film by sharing continuity. Like damn, good thing we dropped those nukes or we’d be slaves to an alien empire. Heisei was able to have its cake and eat it too by making it so every villain was either a product of Godzilla’s existence or the atomic tests that roused him from his sleep. Godzilla saves the day, but if we hadn’t dropped the nukes, there wouldn’t have been a crisis to begin with.

If there’s an alien invasion plot in a future G film, it should be human arrogance that provokes the alien attack, or they should be attracted to Earth because of Godzilla being here.
Godzilla also being a villain in a few of the Heisei films and having his motivation as a "hero" either be to fend off a rival to his territory or protect his son rather than fight overtly for humanity helps mitigate it as well.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Not gonna and will never watch PR:TB.
For Emperor and Empire!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

VoyagerGoji wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:53 pm Not gonna and will never watch PR:TB.
Any particular reason why...
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.