Definitive: “How would you feel about X”

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Re: Definitive: “How would you feel about X”

Post by Al Diplodocus »

LegendZilla wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:48 pm Here's some more. HWYFI :

1. Godzilla was able to out-smart the human characters for once?
2. A kaiju was created by gene splicing Godzilla and Mothra?
3. Another film featured a mated Rodan pair with sexual dimorphism?
4. Going off of #3, What if there was a baby Rodan in addition to the male and female?
5. They showed Rodan attacking and eating a train filled with cattle? Fun fact, it was in the script to the 1956 film, but scrapped most likely to budget and technical reasons.
6. Rodan was able to partially blind Godzilla with a peck?
I'd say I would like all of them, with the exception of #2 if not done well. Maybe this "Mojira" would be a kind of successor to Megaguirus?

Now for mine:

HWYFA:
- A rabbit kaiju in the franchise?
- A Godzilla film set in Australia that involved its history as a major plot point?
- Godzilla was depicted as a herbivore, ripping trees by the roots and chowing down on them?
Last edited by Al Diplodocus on Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

4. Going off of #3, What if there was a baby Rodan in addition to the male and female?
5. They showed Rodan attacking and eating a train filled with cattle? Fun fact, it was in the script to the 1956 film, but scrapped most likely to budget and technical reasons.
1. I'm confused as to what you mean, exactly?
2. No.
3. No...
4. Sure.
5. I...guess?
6. Sure?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^What the heck is RoE?

Fropston
GPN Volunteer

Post by Fropston »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:48 am ^What the heck is RoE?
The IDW comic Godzilla: Rulers of Earth.
Al Diplodocus wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:41 am Now for mine:

HWYFA:
- A rabbit kaiju in the franchise?
- A Godzilla film set in Australia that involved its history as a major plot point?
- Godzilla was depicted as a herbivore, ripping trees by the roots and chowing down on them?
1. It could work, much like any creature could really work as a kaiju. It just should probably have some features besides being a big version of an existing creature.
2. It would work best as a film made by Australians, probably, but it could be pretty cool.
3. I'm personally not that big of a fan of seeing Godzilla eat anything, but it's not a terrible idea. Probably pretty inconsequential overall, unless the point would be to emphasize Godzilla as being kind of a pacifistic creature before humans enraged it. Though that emphasis would only work for more antagonistic Godzillas, unless that Godzilla goes through the same sort of arc as the Showa Godzilla.

As for a few of my own HWYFI:

1. How would you feel if an American Godzilla movie were to tackle the subject of/criticize American foreign policy (historical or otherwise) similarly to how GMK criticized Japan's actions with regards to its Imperial history?

2. How would you feel if there were aliens in a more protagonistic role rather than as antagonists again?

3. How would you feel if the characters from 1954 were to be involved in the backstories of the main character of a future film, but in a continuity where the events of '54 didn't happen?
(Less) Rare poster. :pelops2:

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^For #1, I think that's the best way to have a Western Godzilla film really strike a nerve with audiences. Also, we kind of got protagonist aliens with the Bilsaludo.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

Fropston wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:00 pm As for a few of my own HWYFI:

1. How would you feel if an American Godzilla movie were to tackle the subject of/criticize American foreign policy (historical or otherwise) similarly to how GMK criticized Japan's actions with regards to its Imperial history?

2. How would you feel if there were aliens in a more protagonistic role rather than as antagonists again?

3. How would you feel if the characters from 1954 were to be involved in the backstories of the main character of a future film, but in a continuity where the events of '54 didn't happen?
1. I would like it, Angry conservatives be damned.
2. I'm honestly not a fan of depicting aliens in negative light, so I'd like it.
3. Interesting, though I am pretty sure outside of American films you can't have continuity that doesn't have G54 in it.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

1. Yes please definitely.
2. Eh, sounds strange. The fan art of such hybrids I've seen so far not impressed me. Might work with Gigamoth.
3. I prefer them as they are. Male & female Rodans.
4. That'd of made the 56 film even better.
5. That'd of made the 56 film even better.
6. Sounds very awesome.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

1. Sounds good. I could see a scene where Godzilla tricks JSDF into firing on their own forces. I would like to see that.

2. An interesting idea, but, personally, I'd prefer G cells being mixed with animals to create kaiju.

3. It makes sense to me.

4. Only if the baby plays some significant role in the story.

5. It'd be interesting.

6. They did it to MG2, so why not Godzilla.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Here's some more HWYFI's :

1. There was a prequel to Destroy All Monsters?
2. Godzilla and Spacegodzilla turned out to be one in the same as a plot twist? I am thinking something along the lines of
Spoiler:
Buzz and Zurg being one in the same in Lightyear.

3. They delved into the themes of Godzilla being capable of becoming either a savior or destroyer? Going off of #2, SpaceG will represent Godzilla going down the latter path.
4. WB made direct-to-video animated features of Godzilla like their DC stuff?

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:52 pm Here's some more HWYFI's :

1. There was a prequel to Destroy All Monsters?
2. Godzilla and Spacegodzilla turned out to be one in the same as a plot twist? I am thinking something along the lines of
Spoiler:
Buzz and Zurg being one in the same in Lightyear.

3. They delved into the themes of Godzilla being capable of becoming either a savior or destroyer? Going off of #2, SpaceG will represent Godzilla going down the latter path.
4. WB made direct-to-video animated features of Godzilla like their DC stuff?
1. I am curious as to how they got all the monsters on one island. I'd like to see that.

2 and 3. I could see a story in this idea. Depending on how you explored the possible fates of Godzilla, it could be very interesting.

4. As long as they include Scylla, Behemoth and others they created. Those Titans deserve more screen time.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Further on my last post, how would you feel if ShinGoji's design was used as a template for a modernized and updated SpaceGodzilla? It worked for Gomess in Shin Utraman, even if his appearance was brief. I acknowledge that the idea isn't strictly mine per say, but it appeals to me nonetheless. Here's an example of how it could look :

Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

In a well-written story, a Shin SpaceGodzilla would be awesome. Like, holy shit the things he'd be capable of...
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

A kaiju period piece? I’ve already brought up a plot for an Anguirus-centric movie set in WW2 about fighting on the Eastern Front between the Germans and the Russians.
For Emperor and Empire!

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Voyager wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:48 pm A kaiju period piece? I’ve already brought up a plot for an Anguirus-centric movie set in WW2 about fighting on the Eastern Front between the Germans and the Russians.
And exactly what role would Angilas play?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Voyager wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:48 pm A kaiju period piece? I’ve already brought up a plot for an Anguirus-centric movie set in WW2 about fighting on the Eastern Front between the Germans and the Russians.
Another good kaiju to bring back for a period piece would be King Caesar.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Legion1979 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:18 pm
And exactly what role would Angilas play?
Anguirus would be a sleeping monster that resides in Russia (like in GRA), and is awoken by the war.
For Emperor and Empire!

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I'm down for any film that would feature Anguirus.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

edgaguirus wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:16 pm I'm down for any film that would feature Anguirus.
Anguirus deserves to show up for Every time Mothra does.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

How would you feel about a Godzilla design putting emphasis on his aquatic nature? (his dorsal plates resembling fish scales, an orca esc. skin pattern etc.)

How would you feel about a future Mechagodzilla using the "berserk" origin? A metallic alien parasite that copies Godzilla's look in order to become the dominant lifeform on Earth?

How would you feel if Varan comes back.. but Toho uses the 1995 draft for his redo? (him being a harbringer of the apocalypse)

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^They kinda did that in SP, only at the price of quote-on-quote paying homage to other kaiju. Still, I would like a more semi-aquatic Godzilla. As for your suggestions for MG and Varan, that's the way to go.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.