Favorite Mechagodzilla Weapon?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Favorite Mechagodzilla Weapon?

Post by Gojira1604 »

:Mechagodzilla74: It is pretty interesting how many different weapons different versions of Mechagodzilla have had. But which is your personal favorite? Maybe aside from missiles considering basically every version of the robot Godzilla has weilded them (though none of them better than MechaG 1). Any and every version of Mechagodzilla is good for discussion. My favorite weapon of each version would be; 74's Finger Missiles, 93's plasma grenade, Kiryu's masers, Polygon's red ray, Ready Player One's atomic breath & GVK's proton scream.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Re: Favorite Mechagodzilla Weapon?

Post by Jermobooka »

Gotta be a tie between the Showa’s rainbow eye beams and his hand missiles. They look great.

Showa MG is the best for a ton of reasons, one of them being his badass load out. I don’t think any other MG afterwards has truly matched the arsenal of Showa.
Last edited by Jermobooka on Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

No MechaG yet has beaten Showa and his goddamn weapon overload and i honestly doubt any will.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

75's Rainbow Lasers and more powerful missiles.
For Emperor and Empire!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Good ol' finger missiles will never get old.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:40 pm Good ol' finger missiles will never get old.
Most other MG weapons just feel, uninspired, ya know?
For Emperor and Empire!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Showa's rainbow eye lasers are probably my favorite, too. Simple, but devastating and visually cool.

Heisei's Plasma Grenade is, off the top of my head, the only later weapon that particularly stands out.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

OrnithopodaistheBest
GPN Volunteer

Post by OrnithopodaistheBest »

Showa MG's got the best arsenal, hands down. I do like MV'S Proton Scream too.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Showa MG's cross beam is mine. It cut through rock like a knife through butter. I also like the plasma grenade for visual effect.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Either Heisei’s Plasma Grenade or the G-Crushers, or Kiryu’s AZC. Showa MG-2’s Rotating Finger Missiles and MV’s Proton Scream are close runners up on those three.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

All of them

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Kiryu's mounted missle launchers and wrist lasers are awesome.
I love Super Mechagodzilla's Mega Buster and the Plasma Grenade system with the artificial diamond skin.
Showa? What more can be said.
Monsterverse is aiet. Props for the drill tail.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dinoskell »

The plasma hand casters of Monstervers cool, but the hand missiles of Showa reign supreme
Absolute zero cannon is a thematic improvement over the cutting beam, its sheer power better justifying exposing Mechagodzilla's internals to counterattack.