Making your own incarnation of Godzilla

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Making your own incarnation of Godzilla

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I’ve been curious on what people would do if they can make their own incarnation of Godzilla, like make him into a hero or a villain, what different abilities he has, and etc

If you can make your own incarnation of Godzilla what would it be?

Disclaimer: be respectful to other peoples opinion, and no flamewars
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Re: What is your incarnation of Godzilla

Post by Jermobooka »

Y’know why I love MV Godzilla so much? He’s the Godzilla I always imagined in my mind as a kid and even now. A big, strong, anti hero behemoth of a creature that fights with brutal CQC and his incredibly powerful atomic breath, but also has some personality.

His design is picometers away from perfection. Powerful, badass, majestic, and authentic. His expressions are not limited to what a suit and some mechanics inside can do. He feels alive and not stagnant.

My incarnation of Godzilla has already been officially made. And wonderfully at that.

I could go on and on about why I absolutely love MV, but you get the point already.
Last edited by Jermobooka on Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

For me, the perfect Godzilla would be the 54 version but with GMK's physicality and mobility, his dead all-white eyes, and 84's roar. Just a scary bugger all around.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Showa Godzilla, simply because he's the version in the films I like the most.

Edit: My bad, just read Jermo's post, not OP's lol. If I could *make* my own Godzilla, I guess it would be a hybrid of some or all of the '54, '62, '64, '91, and '94 iterations, although probably with the Millennium era roar.
Last edited by Terasawa on Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

EDIT: A good mix of Showa Godzilla (62-68) and 89.
Last edited by Voyager on Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Terasawa wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:30 pm Showa Godzilla, simply because he's the version in the films I like the most.

Edit: My bad, just read Jermo's post, not OP's lol. If I could *make* my own Godzilla, I guess it would be a hybrid of some or all of the '54, '62, '64, '91, and '94 iterations, although probably with the Millennium era roar.
It’s ok maybe the title is somewhat misleading, i’ll change it

Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Making your own incarnation of Godzilla

Post by Gigantis »

I feel like my ideal Godzilla would be more traditional than most versions we got so far. A blend of most Showa and Heisei suits, MV Goji's physical pworess, Shin's back and tail rays and uh.. that's it lol

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

This thread already exists tho viewtopic.php?f=19&t=25100
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:55 pm This thread already exists tho viewtopic.php?f=19&t=25100
Oh, sorry I didn’t know that

KingCornetto
GPN Volunteer

Post by KingCornetto »

In this movie, it’s the 60’s, he’s already attacked Japan at least once. He comes to the shores of New York City. The American Military thinks they can stop him (after all, didn’t they make him). Nothing works. Will they nuke New York to destroy him? Will the Russians Nuke him first?

My idea is to show how America impacts other countries and how it ends up hurting them later. And take what works from the Cold War plot in ‘84. I don’t have a full story or outline or anything, just themes really. Pain Survives.

As for how he’d be portrayed, I’d imagine an actor in a suit augmented with CGI, same with destruction scenes. Get the best impact of both. And design wise, something like GMK Godzilla, who is my favorite one, but maybe a bit slimmer. James Stokoe’s art comes to mind. Kind of like Shin, he’d adapt, give him a reason to have some of his wilder abilities (like electromagnetism). Everything the army throws at him, if it hurts him, he adapts and grows immune.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

KingCornetto wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:49 pmWill they nuke New York to destroy him? Will the Russians Nuke him first?
And this would be a Soviet nuclear attack on Western soil, and even worse, American soil, which would in turn cause more death by starting a full-scale nuclear war between NATO and the USSR. It’s a lose-lose.
For Emperor and Empire!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

For origin, my Godzilla would be explicitly created by the bomb. I know Togo has been kinda distancing him from nuclear power due to 3/11 but it’s at the root of his character and literally his most iconic aspect is moot without it.

Personality-wise, he’d be as grey as his skin. Godzilla exists to tell humanity that they’re not at the top and punish them for thinking so. But he is not a villain.

His appearance would evoke aspects from all Godzillas; MosuGoji’s brows, ShodaiGoji’s head shape, KiryuGoji’s neck, GyuraGoji’s spines, etc.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

I actually have an idea for one now

Appearance: “JermoGoji” is basically a combination of IDW Rulers of Earth/Kiryu Goji and Godzilla Ultima. The body/physique is IDW/Kiryu. The scale/skin color is charcoal black. His spines are Ultima’s, except the red on the spines are black and light up blue when charging and firing his atomic breath. He also has those white head/neck spikes that Ultima has.

Personality: has the same character development as Showa Godzilla. Begins as an inexperienced, simple, fairly weak engine of destruction and slowly evolves into an incredibly powerful, intelligent anti-hero

Powers: the exact same as Heisei Godzilla except with the addition of the ability to shoot off a more focused, powerful atomic pulse from his spines and the ability to allocate some nuclear energy to his limbs to strengthen/power them up.
Last edited by Jermobooka on Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Jermobooka wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:42 pm -snip-
Ahh!! Jeez, you scared me! Thought you were MM for a second. Look just like him!

VoyagerGoji (my old name, in fact)

Design: '64 (A), but tweaked. One change is a less hunched back.
Powers: Heisei Beam, Heisei Pulse, G2K Regen, Spiral and Red Spiral Ray.
Roar: Mix of Showa (62-75) and Heisei (84-91).
Personality: (64, 89)

Weird facts: The angrier he gets, the more cloudy his eyes go. This happens until his eyes appear ghostly like GMK's. Conducts lighting to heighten his pulse and ray.
For Emperor and Empire!

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Voyager wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:42 pm Ahh!! Jeez, you scared me! Thought you were MM for a second. Look just like him!
Gets me every time lol

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

My own incarnation of Godzilla. Hmmm... ... ...

Design: Elements of both Shin and Shodai. Basically, a terrifyingly modernized version of the 1954 Godzilla; rough brown keloid-scarred skin, mushroom cloud-shaped head, ears, lots and lots of pointed teeth with fangs, something that evokes a creature that was hideously disfigured and woken up by the H-Bomb. Something along the lines of this scrapped Shin Godzilla design.

Origins: Same as the 1954 Godzilla; a giant undersea dinosaur that who's habitat was destroyed and family brutally slaughtered by an American H-Bomb test.
Size and Weight: This Godzilla would stand exactly 400 feet tall (a reference to the 1956 Godzilla! King of the Monsters!), measure 805 feet long from nose to tail, and weigh 94,000 metric tons (103,588 short tons).
Powers and Weapons: An extremely powerful atomic breath capable of blowing up multiple city blocks in one shot; the ability to change the intensity of his atomic breath, from a blast of glowing superheated vapor to a focused blue laser beam; a very G2K-esque Nuclear Pulse; A potent healing factor; later on, he would get supercharged on radiation from a failed thermonuclear missile strike to kill him and gain the Red Spiral Ray; absolutely brutal in melee combat.

Weaknesses: The radiation that makes him Godzilla is also slowly killing him; eventually, he would get so sick from radiation poisoning, his healing factor would cease to work properly and he would collapse and die.
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:33 pm Image
*gasp* That's it! That design is perfect. Wow.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I'd show Godzilla as a natural disaster. A few years after a nuclear sub vanishes, dead, and radioactive, fish wash up on the west coast. Coast Guard vessels go missing, and then Godzilla reveals himself. Godzilla wrecks all in his path as he goes inland to find food. Attempts are made to destroy the kaiju, but all the military does is cause as much damage as Godzilla. In the end, Godzilla is lured into the Gulf of Mexico, with the main characters realizing that man is only a part of nature and not the top of it.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dinoskell »

Revert to early Showa Godzilla and Heisei Godzilla as being a lonely jerk. He's drawn to other monsters because even fighting is SOME form of interaction even if a negative one.
Could then turn that into an antihero thing, where Godzilla makes things better as often as he makes things worse without noticing
I would probably include more of Godzilla getting his rear end handed too him too, because I think his anger at doing so could be very relatable and would be interesting to see his fighting skills improve over a series.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Alright, finally got something in mind.

"NoodGoji"

Design: a lithe and jagged design for most of the body but with a 1960s/Ultima style round heavily browed head and an insane fuck off long tail ala Shin/Ultima.

(For visuals, imagine this speculative Shin Godzilla design by Almighryrayzilla with the Ultima head and tail)

He also has a nictating membrane for battle so he usually fights monsters looking like GMK, and his hands are beefier and iguandont like, allowing him to switch effortlessly from quadrapedal to bipedal.

Roar: a painful sounding edit. Booming and ominous but with a hint of triumph. Imagine if the original 1954 roar was re-recorded and given the Legendary lighter end of the ronk.

Personality: a very mysterious Godzilla, mostly just in his own mission and interacting with humans in his way (think 2000 crossed with GVK). Mostly on our side though.

Mostly.

Fighting style: Imagine GMK's weight with the vs Megagurius fighting style and you get the idea

Powers: besides regeneration and a prehensile tail, this Godzilla is more back to basics. The atomic breath is his only real power but he makes up for that with variations. He can spray it as a far spreading and explosive/slow melting Showa style mist, a stronger but less controllable normal beam (Imagine the MV/Millenium beam), can delay the blast to create Atomic Fangs (that can bite though foes with ease/give him the ability to blast through them after keeping them trapped), and as a last resort can charge up a DEVASTATING Nuclear Pulse that basically levels everything around him, though it also wounds and scars him even more.

When supercharged by energy (either by multiple nukes, spiritual transfer or even his own will), he goes into burning mode.Glowing blue, he has atomic power flowing thoughtout him. Bites cauterize, claw swipes cleave though kaiju like lightsabers, stomps create mini pulses, and his tail can fling enemies into the stratosphere with atomic kickback. Finally, he can then unleash said energy as a MASSIVE Spiral Ray that is basically a less destructive concentrated Nuclear Pulse.

Other specimens: yeah, I went this far. There would also be a Minilla (imagine Terrestris but with the Shinagawa head), a gangly but lovable son he guards with his life. He can spit atomic rings and both he and his dad empower each other with the radiation they give off, causing Minilla to occasionally spew beams and Godzilla to go Burning to protect him easier.

I also would like there to be a second Godzilla. Either an antagonistic second member that contrasts this good Godzilla (maybe have it be menacing America and being labeled Godzilla and this is Gojira?), a GMK style ghost or some maybe even an ally.

RIP Evan.