Godzilla Design Bracket Challenge [Winner: Godzilla 1954]

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Voyager
Keizer

Re: Godzilla Design Bracket Challenge [Quarter Finals] [Current Match: '99-00 vs. '89]

Post by Voyager »

godjacob wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:55 pm You guys are only proving the TK rep of "fuck anything new" with this poll and comments lol
The salt coming from this can season my chicken dinner :lol:
For Emperor and Empire!

goji89
Sazer

Re: Godzilla Design Bracket Challenge [Quarter Finals] [Current Match: '99-00 vs. '89]

Post by goji89 »

NSZ wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:52 pm
Shodai winning the whole thing would be the most College Hipster Bullshit thing to ever happen on these forums.

Which means that's exactly what's going to happen.
Eeewwww you said hipster. And college hipster at that.... X_X

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Voyager wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:56 pm
godjacob wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:55 pm You guys are only proving the TK rep of "skreeonk anything new" with this poll and comments lol
The salt coming from this can season my chicken dinner :lol:
I mean is it salt if it is true?

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:53 pm
shadowgigan wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:47 pm I love DougheGoji, but the design is too young to win this competition IMO.
If age was a factor, ShodaiGoji would win automatically.
Well, some of these suits I've spent a lifetime with. I've had time to ponder and contemplate how I feel about them. Their strengths, weaknesses, etc. With Doughe I love it but have only spent two years with it. I'm fine with it being in the Top 4, I think it deserves to be there. But I don't think it should get past Shodai. MV Godzilla still isn't what I think of when I think "Godzilla". Perhaps in time, that will change.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

godjacob wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:55 pm You guys are only proving the TK rep of "skreeonk anything new" with this poll and comments lol
Prove? Allow me to retort...

Fuck the MV

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

I will laugh my ass off if Mire, somehow, for some godforsaken reason, managed to surpass Bio

goji89 and shadowgigan in utter shambles :lol:

Also, if you guys are recruiting from the over-zealous artsy showa board, then i’ll recruit from the elementary school playground monsterverse board

two can play at that game ;)
Last edited by Jermobooka on Wed May 05, 2021 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

goji89 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:58 pm
Prove? Allow me to retort...

Fuck the MV
Amen brother, preach!
For Emperor and Empire!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Jermobooka wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:58 pm I will laugh my ass off if Mire, somehow, for some godforsaken reason, managed to surpass Bio

goji89 and shadowgigan in utter shambles :lol:
Oh if that happens I'll just hang myself :lol:

:shock:
So don't let it happen.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Yeah I'm a bit concerned with BioGoji's performance so far. Though the '94 and '99 are both popular suits, I can't deny that. Perhaps we need to stop chirping millennium fans for a second lol. Swear it was just 7-2 a second ago. Plus people may not be inclined to put two Heisei suits in the top 4.

I haven't seen a run like what just occured in any of the previous matches. Very odd. But alright, it's on!
Last edited by shadowgigan on Wed May 05, 2021 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Post by Corzak The Mighty »

Gotta go G2K. Even if I think Heisei Godzilla's design in general is pretty iconic, G2K's is one of my personal favorites.
MDK wrote:I wish my movies about dinosaurs brought back to life with mosquitos in amber for a theme park were realistic.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=29237 The Crimson Shadow redux sign-up and discussion thread
Clash of Gods (Shin Gojira vs Legendary Godzilla story, completed)

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

shadowgigan wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:01 pm Yeah I'm a bit concerned with BioGoji's performance so far. Though the '94 and '99 are both popular suits, I can't deny that. Perhaps we need to stop chirping millennium fans for a second lol. Swear it was just 7-2 a second ago. Plus people may not be inclined to put two Heisei suits in the top 4.
Or people might just like it better? I think a lot of the people voting are old farts who hate change, but they have their preference and I wouldn't say they are faking their love or spite voting lol

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

godjacob wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:02 pm
shadowgigan wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:01 pm Yeah I'm a bit concerned with BioGoji's performance so far. Though the '94 and '99 are both popular suits, I can't deny that. Perhaps we need to stop chirping millennium fans for a second lol. Swear it was just 7-2 a second ago. Plus people may not be inclined to put two Heisei suits in the top 4.
Or people might just like it better? I think a lot of the people voting are old farts who hate change, but they have their preference and I wouldn't say they are faking their love or spite voting lol
Oh, I didn't mean they are faking it at all. I'm just speculating as to what people's thoughts may be. Previously some people didn't want to vote for the 91 because the 89 was in here and they considerd it voting for the same suit twice. But yeah, you are certainly correct. That definitely would explain it.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

See, I was thinking that. These are millenials after all and they are vendictive lil participation trophy whiners and us just bad mouthing their likes pushes them toward the ones we want to loose.

So here goes.

Hey guy's good showing with the polls earlier, you guy's were tough to beat and you gave us old guy's a run for our money great job. Give yourselves a round of applause trily great, well I sure hope you vote Biogoji you weak as fuck pricks ....... :lol:

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

I’m actually doing a rewatch of the Heisei Godzilla starting tonight for two reasons

1. So i can appreciate them again

2. So I can get more excited for eventually having to vote for BioGoji :lol:
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I have done my part, and I will make sure 89 wins!

Added in 26 seconds:
I’ve become a flyer for our team!
For Emperor and Empire!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

HELL YEAH

GO, SPREAD THE WORD

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Voyager wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:08 pm I have done my part, and I will make sure 89 wins!

Added in 26 seconds:
I’ve become a flyer for our team!
This poll bracket is becoming so intense that we’re becoming human flyers just for our teams :lol:

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

"Would you trade your individuality to raise capital?"

"Of course you nark!"

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

If BIo makes it through, I'm not voting in the next round unless its a tie. I just can't. I have a big ass poster of Desu frameed on my wall right now and Bio is next. I just can't do it.

GojiSquid
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiSquid »

This is probably the one time I'll vote for BioGoji. I don't really have strong opinions between these two designs, both have their merits, but I do have more problems with Mire than I have with Bio (namely the face). I'm predicting that it'll end up being between DesuGoji and 2019/21.

Also, isn't Goji89 GenZ?