Godzilla Design Bracket Challenge [Winner: Godzilla 1954]

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla Design Bracket Challenge [Final Match][1954 vs 1989] [Poll Ends Tomorrow 1 PM EST]

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

nah breh
Shodai supremacy!

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla Design Bracket Challenge [Final Match][1954 vs 1989] [Poll Ends Tomorrow 1 PM EST]

Post by Smuggers »

He's coming.

BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

And just like that, TK succumbs to the worshipping of a mediocre design, just as godzillamovies.com
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

Jermobooka wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:07 am And just like that, TK succumbs to the worshipping of a mediocre design, just as godzillamovies.com
I don't think it is especially kind of you to discount the opinions of so many because you are unhappy with the result. There is more at play here than just Showa worship.

I voted for 1954 not because I think it is the best Godzilla design of all time, but because I like it more than BioGoji. My favorite Showa design is MosuGoji, my favorite Heisei design is MogeGoji, my favorite millenium is KiryuGoji, and my favorite modern is DougheGoji. None of my favorites made it to the finals, so I voted for the one I prefer.

ShodaiGoji looks positively haunting. His irregular spines, his bulk, and his tail. I love his face, and the combo of fangs, ears, and eyes make him look like he jumped out of an ancient painting of a demon. I love it.

On the other hand, while there is much to be adored about BioGoji, in my opinion, he is surpassed by some of the designs which follow. His face is too cat-like for me.

So yeah, I didn't vote Shodai because "muh-Showa". I voted Shodai because I legitimately prefer his design.
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Shoopwoop17 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:16 am
Jermobooka wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:07 am And just like that, TK succumbs to the worshipping of a mediocre design, just as godzillamovies.com
I don't think it is especially kind of you to discount the opinions of so many because you are unhappy with the result. There is more at play here than just Showa worship.

I voted for 1954 not because I think it is the best Godzilla design of all time, but because I like it more than BioGoji. My favorite Showa design is MosuGoji, my favorite Heisei design is MogeGoji, my favorite millenium is KiryuGoji, and my favorite modern is DougheGoji. None of my favorites made it to the finals, so I voted for the one I prefer.

ShodaiGoji looks positively haunting. His irregular spines, his bulk, and his tail. I love his face, and the combo of fangs, ears, and eyes make him look like he jumped out of an ancient painting of a demon. I love it.

On the other hand, while there is much to be adored about BioGoji, in my opinion, he is surpassed by some of the designs which follow. His face is too cat-like for me.

So yeah, I didn't vote Shodai because "muh-Showa". I voted Shodai because I legitimately prefer his design.
I’m joking whenever i say dumb shit like right now :lol:

i understand fully why someone might vote for Shodai over Bio
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

-looks back on TK after catching up on The Bad Batch-

Oh hey, we won! I can get my signature back!
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Hell yeah! My favorite Godzilla design won out!
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

A sad day, but the people of TK have spoken so congrats to Shodai Goji all the same.

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

Jermobooka wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:18 am
Shoopwoop17 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:16 am

I’m joking whenever i say dumb poop like right now :lol:

i understand fully why someone might vote for Shodai over Bio
Oh, gotcha, sorry about that :lol:

Still! I'm pretty happy with how this thing went. It was a good time.
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

What a surprise.

Well, can't win them all, but good match.

Man, this shyt was fun can't wait for next year. Maybe we'll get more people who love biogoji more.

Great match guy's

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I really hope next year's bracket has the secondary Godzillas (Marvel, G vs G, Seibu-en, etc) as well.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Sun May 09, 2021 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:37 am I really hope next year's bracket has the secondary Godzillas (Marvel, G vs G, Seibu-en, etc) as well.
Already in progress, my friend. So far have added HB Godzilla, Zilla, and Always Godzilla (not sure what I'll call it on the bracket). One thing this has already done is eliminate byes in the first round for seeds 5-8.

Definitely considering some other designs as well. But we have a while to think about it, which is good.

I'll update the main page with all the final results some time today. Definitely was fun.

Added in 2 minutes 35 seconds:
Also looking at reseting 17-25. Specifically looking at FinalGoji there and maybe 1965.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

This was all so damn fun, guys. Absolutely can’t wait for next years bracket!

shadowgigan
Futurian

Re: Godzilla Design Bracket Challenge [Winner: Godzilla 1954]

Post by shadowgigan »

With a year to prep, I can probably have a whole graphics package ready. Also Showa has won the Era Points race. I think it has 210, but ill have to add that up in a little while.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Jermobooka wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:43 am This was all so damn fun, guys. Absolutely can’t wait for next years bracket!
Hell yeah it was.

What the fuck are we gonna do now?

I already miss this :cry:

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

ShodaiGoji wins the first TK Bracket Design Challenge!

Thanks to all who participated!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

By 4 fucking votes..... that shyt says alot.

We're coming back next year hopefully better and stronger.