WORST iteration of Godzilla

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”

Who do you hate the most?

G54
No votes
Showa
No votes
Heisei
2%
GTS
13%
G2K
3%
GxM
8%
GMK
3%
Kiryu Saga
26%
GFW
15%
MonsterVerse
3%
Shin
26%

Total votes: 61

SoggyNoodles2016

Re: WORST iteration of Godzilla

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Voyager wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:07 pm
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:15 pm
Voyager wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:37 pm Yeah I would prefer Godzilla to not be a reality-collapsing god-like entity.
OK, I just saw this thread and was going to bite my tongue about the Ultima trashing (I understand the problems, I really do, and I like this incarnation, but I don't want to always argue for it) but I had to respond to this.

You're mad this version of GODZILLA is treated as GOD-LIKE?

Funny how you ignored the REALITY-COLLAPSING. You can’t just cherry-pick what you like so you can make me seem like a fool.
Wow, it's almost like I only had a problem with part of your post and only focused on that because that's what I had an issue with.

Be even funnier if it's almost like reality collapsing and God like have nothing to do with each other.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RIP Evan.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I’m not even gonna. No point escalating this any further than it’s already been. I’m just gonna leave it at, it’s fine to disagree, but there’s no reason to attack someone for not having the same opinion. It’s almost like this has happened before, and quite recently at that…
For Emperor and Empire!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I mean, if you're going to make Godzilla a literal god, doesn't it make sense that he has powers that could literally bring the universe to an end?

It's fine if you don't like the concept, but i feel like you misunderstood what Soggy said.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Gigantis wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:27 pm I mean, if you're going to make Godzilla a literal god, doesn't it make sense that he has powers that could literally bring the universe to an end?

It's fine if you don't like the concept, but i feel like you misunderstood what Soggy said.
Yeah, well, that’s the thing. I said I didn’t want Godzilla to be like that, and Soggy took it an unfavourable way.

It went like this:

> I say I don’t like Godzilla as how he’s portrayed in SP.
> Soggy says I’m “mad” about Godzilla being God-like (which I’m really not, I have no idea how he drew to that conclusion)
> I tell him that it’s the reality warping part that I don’t like, which I stand by (I do not think Godzilla should be a dimensional threat, but rather, just a monster who’s a threat to humanity)
> He goes full flame-bait in the next post, while I guess re-iterating his point, which is fine.

My whole point is that I simply do not like how SP Goji is portrayed. And apparently there was a problem.
For Emperor and Empire!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Voyager wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:42 pm
Gigantis wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:27 pm I mean, if you're going to make Godzilla a literal god, doesn't it make sense that he has powers that could literally bring the universe to an end?

Yeah, well, that’s the thing. I said I didn’t want Godzilla to be like that, and Soggy took it an unfavourable way.

It went like this:

> I say I don’t like Godzilla as how he’s portrayed in SP.
> Soggy says I’m “mad” about Godzilla being God-like (which I’m really not, I have no idea how he drew to that conclusion)
Bad choice of words on my part. Should have gone with upset.
> I tell him that it’s the reality warping part that I don’t like, which I stand by (I do not think Godzilla should be a dimensional threat, but rather, just a monster who’s a threat to humanity)
No, you said
Funny how you ignored the REALITY-COLLAPSING. You can’t just cherry-pick what you like so you can make me seem like a fool.
That's not saying the "the reality warping is what I like, Godzilla shouldn't be a dimensional threat", it says "why you picking apart my words? Can't come up with your own argument?" (And in turn making me look stupid).

In short, not responding, but trying to argue with me.

And then as you said, I "flamebaited" (I'm not gonna argue if it is or isn't. I'm a mod, I should know better so it's a slip up no matter what I did). However, this was again almost SOLEY because your response to me seemed like you want to argue.
My whole point is that I simply do not like how SP Goji is portrayed. And apparently there was a problem.
I literally have the same problem as you. I think the reality warping isn't a great idea (more that I would have preferred it as a side effect of him rampaging instead of being some semi-eldritch monster specifically reshaping reality).

However, I didn't snap at you because of that opinion. I snapped because I thought you were trying to fight, like has been the only thing I've seen whenever I talk about SP whether it be other members, friends or so on.

So I am terribly sorry I snapped at you. You were the straw that broke the camel's back but you did not deserve that.

RIP Evan.

TheRealSpinoRex
GPN Volunteer

Post by TheRealSpinoRex »

I'd pick earth but he isn't there so

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

This poll needs an update for our pal the Singular Point Godzilla.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Spuro wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:44 pm This poll needs an update for our pal the Singular Point Godzilla.
Him, Earth and Shin form the unholy trinity of personality-less semi-immobile beings. Though to SP's credit, at least Terrestris/Ultima can actually move around and fight if he has to. The other two just either stand there or go "haha laser go bzzzz"
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Breakdown wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:01 pm
Spuro wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:44 pm This poll needs an update for our pal the Singular Point Godzilla.
Though to SP's credit, at least Terrestris/Ultima can actually move around
Same could be said for Kamata-Kun, Shin’s second form.
For Emperor and Empire!

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

While the movie is fun, I thought the Final Wars version of Godzilla was the blandest in terms of appearance and presentation. Some good battle techniques, but was missing personality.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

GXM for just being kinda boring and pulling some out of left field, probably unintentional, weirdness. The body slam for example.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

This was genuinely one of the hardest answers for me because I really do love every version of Godzilla listed here. I ended up choosing GTS by default, that's how hard it was for me. I cannot say that there is a single version of Godzilla that I hate, at least in the films. Even anime, which is my least favorite Godzilla, still gets at minimum a "meh" from me.