Are there any movies similar to Atragon?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
O2Destroyer
Young Farmer

Are there any movies similar to Atragon?

Post by O2Destroyer »

I finally watched it a couple days ago, instant fan of it right from opening, it has everything that I wish for movie; so, looking around websites for similar movie to it, all I found is 'Latitude Zero'(I'll watch it soon), I wonder if there any more?

ljacone
Ronin

Re: Are there any movies similar to Atragon?

Post by ljacone »

You might want to check out The War In Space, which is very similar to Atragon, save that there is not a giant monster. But as far as the flying battleship type of story, that is one to check out.

I recently covered the film on my podcast, you can listen to the episode here: http://twotruefreaks.com/media/podcasts ... den020.mp3
Last edited by ljacone on Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keep 'em stompin'!

Please check out my daikaiju podcast Earth Destruction Directive!

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

What specifically did you like about it? That would probably help us pinpoint similar films for you.

For example Latitude Zero has some similar concepts and is visually very similar but I think you’ll find its otherwise very different.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Most of Toho's science fiction movies (The Mysterians, Battle in Outer Space, Gorath) have a similar atmosphere to Atragon.

Then of course there's Super Atragon, an anime movie based on the first one.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

The Mysterians and Gorath probably come closest. Latitude Zero is an *extremely* different movie, don't let the presence of super subs fool you.

The Battle in Outer Space has similarities, but it's awful. Not recommended.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

O2Destroyer
Young Farmer

Post by O2Destroyer »

Thanks for recommends(The War in Space look like what I looking for), I still getting used to this forum. So, as to pinpoints; I really like about the film is humour, lost Empire attack in simple attires with fancy weapon/ships, great pace, all twists not even twist and Atragon is damn powerful ship which I wasn't expected; it is fun film. I have no issue with whatever there is Kaiju in or not.