Godzilla Having a Mate

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Re: Godzilla Having a Mate

Postby tyrantgoji » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:57 pm

i've recently been thinking of three possible ideas for how this can go down:

1: the obvius choice of Godzilla getting together with one of his own kin. there's a couple different designs for her going around my head, but almost every time i give her the name Raijin. i would prefer if this was the way it went. it just seems like the more logical choice for the topic.

2:Godzilla still gets together with a terrestrial monster, but it's not one of his own. think of Komodithrax and Zilla Junior for this one. it would be interesting if said monster was a rival to Godzilla's species (say if they decided to go with the Godzillasaurus origin again. she could be a rival that used to compete with Godzillasurus for food . she and Godzilla lived on the same island and got mutated along with him.) i know it sounds like the cliche of "loves concurs even the greatest of rivalries!" that you see in fiction but it would still be interesting. also the idea of their offspring, who could potentially come out very unique.

3:Going with Legend's option with Godzilla getting together with an alien. while it sound interesting, it just feels a bit to out there for me. though again, there offspring could certainly be something to see, depending on how his mother looks and all.

LegendZilla
Kwaidan

Postby LegendZilla » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:25 am

tyrantgoji wrote:3:Going with Legend's option with Godzilla getting together with an alien. while it sound interesting, it just feels a bit to out there for me. though again, there offspring could certainly be something to see, depending on how his mother looks and all.

It all comes down to execution at the end of the day. ;) As a matter of fact, I just did a rough sketch of how she may look.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:59 am

Malchik wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Having a female member of Godzilla's kind so there's an appeal to little girls might be major bank for Toho. Might.

Worked great for Marvel Comics.

I'm being sarcastic.

Yeah, it ain't Marvel.

tyrantgoji wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Having a female member of Godzilla's kind so there's an appeal to little girls might be major bank for Toho. Might.

Fundamental story need for such an idea? I'm not an advocate of giving Godzilla a damsel so I dunno. Probably nothing really.

i mean, it kinda did work for Toho. Mothra got so popular with girls that Godzilla vs Mothra became the number 1 highest grossing film of the Heisei era of the franchise.

No kidding, Mothra is a huge sellar. I think it would be wise for Toho to give her another solo film, but one with the quality of the original. Other female monsters could work, probably moreso on the "good side" since every female besides Mothra has been an antagonist.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

AllosaurHell
Yin-Yang Master

Postby AllosaurHell » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:06 pm

I'm indifferent on this idea but it's not my favorite either, I worry about it being too much like King Kong Lives but with Godzilla.
"Listen, it's a free country. It's not rent-free country."
- Mr. Ditkovich from Spider-Man 3.

Check out my YouTube channels: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNmWOVX-6Whjz3BPwEMXG0Q https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYySx8TfhJp16vDvNTvTlRQ

Return to “General Toho Films”