Times Godzilla Needed Human Intervention?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Times Godzilla Needed Human Intervention?

Post by Moogabunga »

In what films did Godzilla need assistance from humans during battle? (Excluding 2014)

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Re: Times Godzilla Needed Human Intervention?

Post by Ivo-goji »

He lost against Kong and the Mothra larva so you could say he needed human help those times haha.

Let's see, then he needed the A Cycle Light Ray to shake off Xilien mind control, needed the electrodes to defeat Hedorah, arguably needed the good guys help with the Godzilla Tower laser cannon, had Jet Jaguar backing him up against Megalon, had human aid via their awakening King Scissors to fight Mechagodzilla, and needed both the ultra sonic wave device to defeat Titanosaurus and Katsura's sacrifice to overcome Mechagodzilla 2.

Almost every fight he ever had basically.

Happened less in the Heisei series and Millennium series because he was humanity's enemy in those continuities. MOGUERA assisted against SpaceGodzilla and he needed the Kaiser boost to beat Kaiser Ghidorah.
Last edited by Ivo-goji on Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

- Godzilla vs. Hedorah
- Godzilla vs. Gigan
- Terror of Mechagodzilla
- Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah
- Godzilla vs. Destoroyah
- Godzilla: Final Wars

These are the ones that qualify, I think.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

How did humanity help Godzilla in GvsD? Stop him from wiping out all life on Earth?
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Ivo-goji wrote:How did humanity help Godzilla in GvsD? Stop him from wiping out all life on Earth?
Their freezer weapons weakened/killed (depending on the ending) Destoroyah in the final battle.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Humans freed him from the Kilaaks in DAM. And it could be said that he had indirect human assistance in GTTHM, since calling Mothra to arrange a teamup was their idea.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

G-Matt wrote:
Ivo-goji wrote:How did humanity help Godzilla in GvsD? Stop him from wiping out all life on Earth?
Their freezer weapons weakened/killed (depending on the ending) Destoroyah in the final battle.
Kill stealing isn't help!

Destoroyah would have been plenty dead if humanity just let Godzilla destroy the planet like he was going to.

Added in 4 minutes :
JAGzilla wrote:Humans freed him from the Kilaaks in DAM.
I guess technically they did, although he was still under human mind control at the end, so along the same lines as GvsD it's questionable whether this would count. From Godzilla's POV, this doesn't seem like 'aid'.
Resized Image

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Ivo-goji wrote:
G-Matt wrote:

Destoroyah would have been plenty dead if humanity just let Godzilla destroy the planet like he was going to.
But it didn’t happen that way. Mankind helped, whether the aid was needed or not.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Ivo-goji wrote:
G-Matt wrote:

Added in 4 minutes :
JAGzilla wrote:Humans freed him from the Kilaaks in DAM.
I guess technically they did, although he was still under human mind control at the end, so along the same lines as GvsD it's questionable whether this would count. From Godzilla's POV, this doesn't seem like 'aid'.

Right. I forgot that the monsters were under human control for a while.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Terasawa wrote:
But it didn’t happen that way. Mankind helped, whether the aid was needed or not.
The topic is asking about times Godzilla -needed- human aid.
Resized Image

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Godzilla vs Gigan, Godzilla vs Hedorah, and to a lesser extent Terror of Mechagodzilla come to mind.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

I would say he needed humanity to free him from alien mind control in Godzilla Vs. Monster Zero and Destroy All Monsters.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Moogabunga wrote:In what films did Godzilla need assistance from humans during battle? (Excluding 2014)
What’s your deal with all these “excluding 2014” threads? This makes the second one, it’s a little weird.

Anyway ignoring the asinine thread details…

Godzilla (2014)- Fords intervening gave Godzilla the opportunity to regain his strength and hit the MUTO with his atomic breath.

Terror of Mechagodzilla- The military arriving and knocking Titanosaurus out of the battle was just what Godzilla needed to come back swinging.

Godzilla vs. Hedorah- If it wasn’t for the military, Godzilla would have had no means to beating Hedorah.

Destroy All Monsters & Invasion of Astro-Monster- Godzilla needed military intervention to break his mind control.

Godzilla vs. Destroyah- Godzilla needed the military to defeat Destroyah.

Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah- If it wasn’t for the mind control being broken on Ghidorah, Godzilla would have been stomped into a pulp.

Ghidorah, the Three Headed Monster- If it wasn’t for the military and our main cast pleading with the fairies, Rodan, Mothra, and Godzilla would have never teamed up against Ghidorah.

Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla- If it wasn’t for G-Force and their MOGUERA, Spacegodzillas tower may never have been brought down.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

It's like each person who posts in the topic didn't read any of the other posts in the topic.
Resized Image

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Ivo-goji wrote:It's like each person who posts in the topic didn't read any of the other posts in the topic.
Or that they don’t agree with your criteria of “needing help”, which is quite flawed actually :^)
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
Ivo-goji wrote:It's like each person who posts in the topic didn't read any of the other posts in the topic.
Or that they don’t agree with your criteria of “needing help”, which is quite flawed actually :^)
If that were that case they would explain the flaws in the previous poster's reasoning, like an actual discussion, instead of repeating more or the less the same information.
Resized Image

Toho1993
Ronin

Post by Toho1993 »

Needed human intervention
Ghidorah the three headed monster
Monster zero
Hedorah
Gigan
Mechagodzilla
Terror of mechagodzilla
Godzilla vs King Ghidorah
Godzilla vs mechagodzilla 2
Godzilla final wars
Planet eater

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

When did he need human intervention in Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster and Mechagodzilla 2?
Last edited by Maritonic on Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Toho1993
Ronin

Post by Toho1993 »

Oh yeah my bad I was thinking of kaiju

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Toho1993 wrote:Oh yeah my bad I was thinking of kaiju
but you even wrote human lol
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.