The Speculative Kaiju Science Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: The Speculative Kaiju Science Thread

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Shoopwoop17 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:13 am
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:01 pm Has anyone ever tried to calculate the temperature of how hot the atomic rays of the different Godzillas are? I know there’s the official stats for Showa and Heisei’s, but I don’t really buy 100,000 C and 500,000 C respectively, seems too inflated even for how impressive those beams are.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vn4NHPNG5U
This video has your answer! Kinda. It breaks down one scientific idea for what Godzilla's breath actually is, and I find it pretty darn neat!
Oh yeah, that video! I’ll definitely have to give it a rewatch.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Re: The Speculative Kaiju Science Thread

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

So, I know that the previous page already discussed ways that Godzilla and other Kaiju could exist with biominerals in their skeletons, but I would like to add another factor which could cause giant monsters to "lighten up".
Alpha-decay of a radioactive element gives off helium nuclei. So what if the nuclear heart of these creatures not only gave them enough energy to suit their metabolic needs, but also gave off helium which was collected into air sacs similar to those in birds? These sacs could be spread throughout their body to reduce their density and make them, in some areas, lighter than air. That way, we can counteract super heavy tissues like diamond hard bones and skin with a waste product from the Kaiju's built in metabolism.
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.