If You Could, What Godzilla Films Would You Alter/Improve? And How?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: If You Could, What Godzilla Films Would You Alter/Improve? And How?

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

tyrantgoji wrote:Alright, back to Final Wars. Fixing things up by category.
Spoiler:
Suits
.Fix Godzilla's spines by making them bigger and have them resemble the early Showa suits. His face could also look more reptile esc. Kinda like a Komodo dragon.
. Anguirus gets a more Showa like face, but other than that stays the same
.King Caesar gets his ruby eyes back, his ears would be shorter, and the face itself needs to look more like the Showa version because man it does not look good (i only have Millennium King Caesar as my sig because no Showa version was small enough to fit)
. Gigan gets his original green and gold colors back, other than that he's the same.
.Kamacuras gets his red skin back instead of it being green, and the left hand gets the "spear arm" back, other than that he's the same too

Monster Roster
. Much as i like Zilla he honestly didn't need to be in this movie. I'd replace him with Varan, who is pretty much an updated version of his Showa counterpart.
.King Ghidorah appears in this movie, and he''s the one Mothra fought 1,000 years ago instead of Gigan. H'es also the one hiding in the Gorath asteroid. His design is a mix of Showa and Grand King (think of a more Grand like face, but with Showa's horns and the mane instead of facial fins). Monster X still appears as his right hand man, and he doesn't transform into Keiser Ghidorah.
.Minilla stays, although i'd make sure his relationship with Godzilla gets more screentime because without it, the ending doesn't really make much sense. (why would Godzilla stop fighting humanity because of some random monster he never met?)
Story
. Instead of the film just being "Godzilla wrecks everyone the end!" he's actually searching for Minilla. Not only that, but he's forced to team up with some of the monsters to his chargin.
. Kumonga, Ebirah and Kamacuras still have the same roles (i can't imagine them being anything else but fodder) but Hedorah gets much more time in the spotlight instead of being thrown to the side.
. Godzilla and Gigan's fight in Antarctica is extended.
. Somewhere in between Godzilla's fight with the insects and crustacean, the humans manage to free Varan, Rodan, Anguirus and Caesar from mind control. Godzilla heads to Mount Fuji where a five way brawl breaks out. After a while, Mothra comes in and forces them to stop fighting and work together in order to stop Monster X and Ghidorah.
. Manda is freed thanks to the Gotengo and Anguirus and also joins to stop the Xiliens. This pretty much leads to the final battle against Gigan Hedorah and a slew of Xilien ships.
. After Gigan and Hedorah are killed, Gorath comes down, and the three headed siblings (?) come down and mop the floor with everyone and kill Mothra. Gotengo gives Godzilla energy, spiral ray, BIG BOOM.
. Before Godzilla's "squadron" decides to go back into war with humanity, Minilla comes in and tells them to stop. Finally able to find his son, Godzilla and his newfound friends leave, ready to rest up and fight another day.
How do you like a comment?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:Alright, back to Final Wars. Fixing things up by category.
Spoiler:
Suits
.Fix Godzilla's spines by making them bigger and have them resemble the early Showa suits. His face could also look more reptile esc. Kinda like a Komodo dragon.
. Anguirus gets a more Showa like face, but other than that stays the same
.King Caesar gets his ruby eyes back, his ears would be shorter, and the face itself needs to look more like the Showa version because man it does not look good (i only have Millennium King Caesar as my sig because no Showa version was small enough to fit)
. Gigan gets his original green and gold colors back, other than that he's the same.
.Kamacuras gets his red skin back instead of it being green, and the left hand gets the "spear arm" back, other than that he's the same too

Monster Roster
. Much as i like Zilla he honestly didn't need to be in this movie. I'd replace him with Varan, who is pretty much an updated version of his Showa counterpart.
.King Ghidorah appears in this movie, and he''s the one Mothra fought 1,000 years ago instead of Gigan. H'es also the one hiding in the Gorath asteroid. His design is a mix of Showa and Grand King (think of a more Grand like face, but with Showa's horns and the mane instead of facial fins). Monster X still appears as his right hand man, and he doesn't transform into Keiser Ghidorah.
.Minilla stays, although i'd make sure his relationship with Godzilla gets more screentime because without it, the ending doesn't really make much sense. (why would Godzilla stop fighting humanity because of some random monster he never met?)
Story
. Instead of the film just being "Godzilla wrecks everyone the end!" he's actually searching for Minilla. Not only that, but he's forced to team up with some of the monsters to his chargin.
. Kumonga, Ebirah and Kamacuras still have the same roles (i can't imagine them being anything else but fodder) but Hedorah gets much more time in the spotlight instead of being thrown to the side.
. Godzilla and Gigan's fight in Antarctica is extended.
. Somewhere in between Godzilla's fight with the insects and crustacean, the humans manage to free Varan, Rodan, Anguirus and Caesar from mind control. Godzilla heads to Mount Fuji where a five way brawl breaks out. After a while, Mothra comes in and forces them to stop fighting and work together in order to stop Monster X and Ghidorah.
. Manda is freed thanks to the Gotengo and Anguirus and also joins to stop the Xiliens. This pretty much leads to the final battle against Gigan Hedorah and a slew of Xilien ships.
. After Gigan and Hedorah are killed, Gorath comes down, and the three headed siblings (?) come down and mop the floor with everyone and kill Mothra. Gotengo gives Godzilla energy, spiral ray, BIG BOOM.
. Before Godzilla's "squadron" decides to go back into war with humanity, Minilla comes in and tells them to stop. Finally able to find his son, Godzilla and his newfound friends leave, ready to rest up and fight another day.
How do you like a comment?
IDK but i'm confused about this one.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

It’s minor, but AIP’s decision to move DAM’s credits to the end of the movie was a wise one. I don’t like the credits’ position in the Toho versions.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

KOTM: Find something for the humans to do outside, in the daylight. The film is too claustrophobic for what it’s trying to be. Also, show the destruction caused by Ghidorah, not just with a flooded city and a shocking headline on a TV monitor. Stenz should have been wrought with guilt over his decision to launch the Oxygen Destroyer, and taken it upon himself to kill Ghidorah himself. He would, of course, fail, dying an honorable death trying to make things right.

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

All I need to do is replace every single suit or design with GhidoGoji.

Done.

I'm a genius.
Last edited by Gojirawars 03 on Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Gojirawars 03 wrote:All I need to do is replace every single suit or design with GhidoGoji.

Done.

I'm a genius.
You fucked up perfectly good Godzillas is what you did. Look at 'em. They got anxiety can't move more then a foot a minute.

RIP Evan.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

KOTM: As much as I love this film, the Oxygen Destroyer shouldn't have been used. Have Ghidorah beat Godzilla and "kill" him in the ocean. Also, Mothra should have used her God Rays as a weapon against Rodan, maybe blinding him when he tries to tear off her wing with his talons and beak. I think they should have shown more of the titans rampaging across the globe. Finally, don't kill Graham.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Tokyo S.O.S.... well to start, how about instead of bringing back Mothra for the millionth skreeonking time, we replace her with a kaiju that needs some spotlight? Anguirus, Varan, Gorosaurus idk just anyone that could work as foil to Godzilla.

Then, instead of repeating the "Gudjiller is trapped in robo-suit and wanna be FREEEEEEEEEEE1!!!1" poop from the last movie, just have him finally go full on Evangelion mode and have him burst out of Kiryu an regenerate. Then have him fight Godzilla and 'insert other monster" here, and then he finally meets his end.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!