Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
User avatar
Dr. Professor
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3553
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:37 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby Dr. Professor » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:16 am

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Smuggers wrote:I'm sure you could come up with reasons X Y and Z for how things like the holocaust, slavery or genocide of indigenous people were a "semi-good thing".


Hey, I've had it drilled into me that the best course of action would have been letting the holocaust and other forms of genocide run its course without interference. Most people, especially world leaders, seem to consider it a semi-good thing.

Dude WHAT. Who the skreeonk is drilling that into you?
goji89 wrote: :shock: ...Sweet Yeet

Resized Image

User avatar
GodzillavsZilla
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2975
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:45 am
Location: somewhere riding on Anguirus

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby GodzillavsZilla » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:40 am

Let's get off the subject of the Holocaust and the like.

Get back on topic please.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:

On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary poop though if it is just scratches.


Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan
Posts: 6359
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm
Location: 富士山

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:08 am

GodzillavsZilla wrote:Let's get off the subject of the Holocaust and the like.

Get back on topic please.

Politely, I feel that in this case ignoring and pretending something like that being said is just kind of throwing it under the bus in the worst possible way. I’m not advocating for anyone to get in trouble; but I’m really curious what led to that line of conversation, or what he actually meant by that.

Additionally because Godzilla’s origins inherently involve the atomic bomb and world war 2, I don’t think discussing such issues should be inherently taboo, so long as that they are respectful.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

User avatar
GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 905
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:05 am

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby GuardianGhido » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:52 am

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Smuggers wrote:I'm sure you could come up with reasons X Y and Z for how things like the holocaust, slavery or genocide of indigenous people were a "semi-good thing".


Hey, I've had it drilled into me that the best course of action would have been letting the holocaust and other forms of genocide run its course without interference. Most people, especially world leaders, seem to consider it a semi-good thing.

Did the Exif or King Ghidorah himself drill that into you?

Anyways, on-topic. I don't like Destoroyah THAT much TBH. Sure there's his connections to the oxygen destroyer and all, but I find him to be some generic destroyer who exists because deus ex machina and an overrated villain who some even consider the greatest Godzilla villain of all time because he technically caused his death and is made from the same machine that actually caused his death. For the Heisei series, he fills that role and does a goodr job, but I still find Ghidorah to a better villain in most cases (Especially MV Ghidorah who's my favorite Godzilla villain so far).

To me, Destoroyah is a good climactic villain for Heisei, but he still feels like a generic Doomsday villain who popped out of nowhere and started doing evil things without getting any real personality when not killing Jr (which is more pragmatic than sadistic with killing a smaller target) or background besides the OD story.
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:59 am, edited 7 times in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

User avatar
Godzilla21
Keizer
Posts: 8069
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:39 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby Godzilla21 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:29 am

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
GodzillavsZilla wrote:Let's get off the subject of the Holocaust and the like.

Get back on topic please.

Politely, I feel that in this case ignoring and pretending something like that being said is just kind of throwing it under the bus in the worst possible way. I’m not advocating for anyone to get in trouble; but I’m really curious what led to that line of conversation, or what he actually meant by that.

Additionally because Godzilla’s origins inherently involve the atomic bomb and world war 2, I don’t think discussing such issues should be inherently taboo, so long as that they are respectful.


Good points all around. I'm legitimately curious what he meant by that. Who would drill into your head that genocide is good? Is Thanos your mentor?

I feel it may have been a joke
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

User avatar
Beast Blood
Samurai
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:21 pm
Location: The Great North
Contact:

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby Beast Blood » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:31 am

Nobody told him genocide was good. They were just saying interventionism can make things worse.

On topic: I don't like the Heisei kaiju designs. Hate thunder thighs.
Last edited by Beast Blood on Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
Kaiju-King42
Kwaidan
Posts: 5768
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:34 pm
Location: Monster Island

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby Kaiju-King42 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:08 pm

Dr. Professor wrote:
Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Smuggers wrote:I'm sure you could come up with reasons X Y and Z for how things like the holocaust, slavery or genocide of indigenous people were a "semi-good thing".


Hey, I've had it drilled into me that the best course of action would have been letting the holocaust and other forms of genocide run its course without interference. Most people, especially world leaders, seem to consider it a semi-good thing.

Dude WHAT. Who the skreeonk is drilling that into you?


Other Godzilla fans, not here on TK. I wasn't happy to hear that either.

I'm still not...
Godzillian wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:What is up with the American trope of hide the monster?

Jaws happened


ernesth100 wrote:
Ryguy wrote:When the new director is announced, I guarantee this fanbase will be torn through the middle...

We're always split down the middle. TK is like a giant buttcrack.


Anno wrote:never forget tadpole :godzilla:




User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2262
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:13 pm

I don't what scares me more, that people can think like that or that there are Godzilla fans worse then TK's.
Image

#MinillaForSmash2019

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

User avatar
MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 941
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:57 pm
Location: Celery
Contact:

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby MikeSTZillak » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:52 pm

Godzilla against Mechagodzilla > GMK
(although I haven't seen GMK in a while)
Image


Resized Image


#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

User avatar
Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10191
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby Living Corpse » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:57 pm

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I don't what scares me more, that people can think like that or that there are Godzilla fans worse then TK's.


YouTube Godzilla fans.

Nuff said.
Image

User avatar
MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 941
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:57 pm
Location: Celery
Contact:

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby MikeSTZillak » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:58 pm

Living Corpse wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I don't what scares me more, that people can think like that or that there are Godzilla fans worse then TK's.


YouTube Godzilla fans.

Nuff said.

Rule 34 Godzilla fans.

Top that if you can.
(actually, don't top that please.)
Image


Resized Image


#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

User avatar
Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10191
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby Living Corpse » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:10 pm

MikeSTZillak wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I don't what scares me more, that people can think like that or that there are Godzilla fans worse then TK's.


YouTube Godzilla fans.

Nuff said.

Rule 34 Godzilla fans.

Top that if you can.
(actually, don't top that please.)


Those guys are just horny, so...

YouTube Godzilla fans.
Image

User avatar
_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5278
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby _JNavs_ » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:16 pm

Living Corpse wrote:
MikeSTZillak wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
YouTube Godzilla fans.

Nuff said.

Rule 34 Godzilla fans.

Top that if you can.
(actually, don't top that please.)


Those guys are just horny, so...

YouTube Godzilla fans.

Imagine getting horny off giant Nuclear Metaphors stripping their bikinis?

Rule 34 Godzilla fans are worse.

Youtube Gfans are just children hoping everything from here to the moon happens in the franchise.
Image
Sith Apprentice.

User avatar
Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10191
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby Living Corpse » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:18 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
MikeSTZillak wrote:Rule 34 Godzilla fans.

Top that if you can.
(actually, don't top that please.)


Those guys are just horny, so...

YouTube Godzilla fans.

Imagine getting horny off giant Nuclear Metaphors stripping their bikinis?

Rule 34 Godzilla fans are worse.

Youtube Gfans are just children hoping everything from here to the moon happens in the franchise.


I was more talking about the ones who wish Godzilla was real to commit genocide on everyone middle eastern. Who cares some horny artist draws the Mothra twins from the anime. But hey what do I know.
Image

User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan
Posts: 6359
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm
Location: 富士山

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:24 pm

Living Corpse wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
Those guys are just horny, so...

YouTube Godzilla fans.

Imagine getting horny off giant Nuclear Metaphors stripping their bikinis?

Rule 34 Godzilla fans are worse.

Youtube Gfans are just children hoping everything from here to the moon happens in the franchise.


I was more talking about the ones who wish Godzilla was real to commit genocide on everyone middle eastern.


-Again, what?
:shock:
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

User avatar
G2000
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4700
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby G2000 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:05 pm

The Godzilla fandom is only spared from being Sonic or Nintendo fandom levels of autism by being so niche, and even then it comes dangerously close
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

User avatar
goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby goji89 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:16 pm

G2000 wrote:The Godzilla fandom is only spared from being Sonic or Nintendo fandom levels of autism by being so niche, and even then it comes dangerously close


So autism is bad.....

I hate shiit like that in that likening autism to a form of insult.
Image
https://kaijugalaxy.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote: Tsuburaya's sloppy puppets and bad Kong suits.

User avatar
_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5278
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby _JNavs_ » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:16 pm

There's still Kpop, Star Wars, MCU, EA, Call of Duty fandoms that far surpass any nonsense this fandom could dream of.
Image
Sith Apprentice.

User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2262
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:20 pm

G2000 wrote:The Godzilla fandom is only spared from being Sonic or Nintendo fandom levels of autism by being so niche, and even then it comes dangerously close


On the one hand, true.

On the other, people who use autism as an insult are POS, so I'm gonna have to disagree with you here, 2000.
Image

#MinillaForSmash2019

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

User avatar
G2000
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4700
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby G2000 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:25 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:There's still Kpop, Star Wars, MCU, EA, Call of Duty fandoms that far surpass any nonsense this fandom could dream of.


I’m not entirely sure what a BVS is other than that people won’t shut up about them
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST


Return to “General Toho Films”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests