Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Post by _JNavs_ »

The Warriors, but its Monsterverse fans trying to get to Legendary Pictures after a Shin fan kills a Showa fan during a fan meet-up and blames the death of the Showa fan on the Monsterverse fans.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

_JNavs_ wrote:The Warriors, but its Monsterverse fans trying to get to Legendary Pictures after a Shin fan kills a Showa fan during a fan meet-up and blames the death of the Showa fan on the Monsterverse fans.
Why would a fan of Shin Godzilla have anything against the Showa series or it’s fan? Even hyperbolically speaking.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:The Warriors, but its Monsterverse fans trying to get to Legendary Pictures after a Shin fan kills a Showa fan during a fan meet-up and blames the death of the Showa fan on the Monsterverse fans.
Why would a fan of Shin Godzilla have anything against the Showa series or it’s fan? Even hyperbolically speaking.
It's within context of the film

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

I think Monster X is a pretty cool Kaiju and don't believe he deserves such scorn from the community.

I didn't think this was an unpopular view, but given KWC as well as Fantasy Matches thread (In particular Gwangi vs. Monster X) a lot of people seem to despise him.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

godjacob wrote:I think Monster X is a pretty cool Kaiju and don't believe he deserves such scorn from the community.

I didn't think this was an unpopular view, but given KWC as well as Fantasy Matches thread (In particular Gwangi vs. Monster X) a lot of people seem to despise him.
Just because maybe he can't stand up to a kaiju sized Gwangi doesn't mean i despise him and want him dead (though his transformed state is incredibly lame i must say). MM dislikes him tho...a lot.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

tyrantgoji wrote:
godjacob wrote:I think Monster X is a pretty cool Kaiju and don't believe he deserves such scorn from the community.

Just because maybe he can't stand up to a kaiju sized Gwangi doesn't mean i despise him and want him dead (though his transformed state is incredibly lame i must say). MM dislikes him tho...a lot.
Just saying, a lot of the comments seem more about how much Monster X sucks than why Gwangi would beat him. Just feel there is a bit of a bias against it from what I've seen on here.

I'd join the debates but can't seem to comment on them nor have any idea how I do lol
Last edited by godjacob on Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

godjacob wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:

Just saying, a lot of the comments seem more about how much Monster X sucks than why Gwangi would beat him. Just feel there is a bit of a bias against it from what I've seen on here.

I'd join the debates but can't seem to comment on them nor have any idea how I do lol
You gotta join the Fantasy Match group in order to type. There's a way to try and get approval but it's been so long i forgot how to do it. :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

tyrantgoji wrote:
godjacob wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:

You gotta join the Fantasy Match group in order to type. There's a way to try and get approval but it's been so long i forgot how to do it. :lol:
Go to usersgroups, click FantasyMatches and wait for the response

RIP Evan.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
godjacob wrote:

Go to usersgroups, click FantasyMatches and wait for the response
Okay, but where do I find usergroups?

Edit

Nevermind, figured it out (I think).

Either way, Monster X I don't think deserves the amount of general hate it seems to get. To conclude.
Last edited by godjacob on Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Here's my apparently unpopular opinion: Fantasy Matches are freaking stupid, and attract the dumbest possible butthurt, as stated above. At least those that get salty about toys, home video transfers, etc. are doing it over actual things that they may be spending money on.

And pitting up Monster X against giant (?) Gwangi is the most ridiculous sounding thing ever, never mind the fact the two are from two completely different films from completely different times.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Fantasy matches ARE stupid.

Nothing more to be said, they are.....*shrug*

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

MaxRebo320 wrote:Here's my apparently unpopular opinion: Fantasy Matches are freaking stupid, and attract the dumbest possible butthurt, as stated above. At least those that get salty about toys, home video transfers, etc. are doing it over actual things that they may be spending money on.

And pitting up Monster X against giant (?) Gwangi is the most ridiculous sounding thing ever, never mind the fact the two are from two completely different films from completely different times.
They're the absolute pinnacle of everything wrong with this fandom. Arguing over the most minute details with the most passive-aggressive tones as if not dedicating every second of your life to rewatching fake dinosaurs wrestle is heretical. These people have no clear understanding of thematic value or authorial intent and just take every aspect at face value. This is especially true with Gwangi where every instance of "durability" is chalked up to Gwangi just being that powerful and not at all the fact that the authorial intent is that it's just a fucking normal-ass dinosaur.

I continue to be amazed at the amount of dedication, time, and just pure effort people put into this crap. They're the same kind of people who want to fast forward through "teh boring human parts" and do things like ask film directors at G-FEST about power levels.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I say we....hear me out......

Kick out FM players from here and banish them...but we leave the matches there so that we never forget and to laugh at the stupidity.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

But Gwangi can stomp Final Wars Godzilla dintcha know, I mean he took out an elephant after all!!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

MaxRebo320 wrote:Here's my apparently unpopular opinion: Fantasy Matches are freaking stupid, and attract the dumbest possible butthurt, as stated above. At least those that get salty about toys, home video transfers, etc. are doing it over actual things that they may be spending money on.

But that's what makes it fun! I'm sure you've had times you've wondered if "what if character A met character B and they fought?" beforehand. Plus it really helps demonstrate just how powerful some characters can be and a good chunk of my internet friends came from Fantasy Matches. I've seen people create incredible stories and show high love to the characters because of it. It's not as "stupid" as it can be, all it needs is the right people to make it fun.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

tyrantgoji wrote:But that's what makes it fun! I'm sure you've had times you've wondered if "what if character A met character B and they fought?" beforehand. Plus it really helps demonstrate just how powerful some characters can be and a good chunk of my internet friends came from Fantasy Matches. I've seen people create incredible stories and show high love to the characters because of it. It's not as "stupid" as it can be, all it needs is the right people to make it fun.
I mean, characters from similar franchise like Godzilla and Gamera, sure, I guess that's fine. But fucking Gwangi and Monster X? No, and I'm glad I have better things to do with my life than think (and get into venomous debates) about that.

But I do keep myself up at night wondering who would win in a fight between Dustpan from Mirrorman/Hanuman vs. 7 Ultraman and the dinosaur from Best of Hollow Mountain.
Last edited by MaxRebo320 on Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Its a fucking oudated T-Rex design dinosaur....

It can't do shiit.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

MaxRebo320 wrote:I keep myself up at night wondering who would win in a fight between Dustpan from Mirrorman/Hanuman vs. 7 Ultraman and the dinosaur from Best of Hollow Mountain.
..I think you missed my point. No one in the vs. battle community keeps themselves awake because of this, it's not a drug. And yes, like all things, it can get toxic, but if so many people are dedicated to this stuff in their spare time, it's certainly nothing that's "dumb". At least to me.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

goji89 wrote:Its a skreeonking oudated T-Rex design dinosaur....

It can't do shiit.
I don't see how making a glorified Allosaurus 10x his size changes his durability to pure steel. Like I get the skin gets a bit tougher, but he's still just a giant animal in a Kaiju match, these guys have REASONS as to why their skin is like steel, he's going to get jolly stomped.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

I like the idea of Fantasy Matches, hence why I am eager to join it, but I feel a lot of arguments there become subjective as hell. Gwangi for example gets hyped up to borderline superhuman ignoring the fact that regular spears pierced its skin and an elephant overpowered it but Monster X is portrayed as incompetent to the point where it can't walk without tripping over itself often ignoring what it has done right.
Last edited by godjacob on Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.