Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Post by Gigantis »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:05 am Oh, I HOPE more than anything the Xiliens eventually come to the MonsterVerse. And when they do, bring back Kazuki Kitamura to reprise his role as the Xilien Controller.
Only if Gigan comes back with him so we can get a reprise of "GIGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN-RAIOSE!!!"

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Gigantis wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:30 am
ShinGojira14 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:05 am Oh, I HOPE more than anything the Xiliens eventually come to the MonsterVerse. And when they do, bring back Kazuki Kitamura to reprise his role as the Xilien Controller.
Only if Gigan comes back with him so we can get a reprise of "GIGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN-RAIOSE!!!"
All of this but unironically. There’s so much potential with having stuff like aliens and the Hollow Earth.

We could actually have Human vs Alien action with guns and shit!
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Gigantis wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:30 am
I was thinking that myself!
Jermobooka wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:49 amAll of this but unironically. There’s so much potential with having stuff like aliens and the Hollow Earth.

We could actually have Human vs Alien action with guns and poop!
And the Xilien Controller going full over-the-top martial arts on everyone while cackling and whooping like the delightful psychopathic Keizer he is.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Jermobooka wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:49 am We could actually have Human vs Alien action with guns and poop!
I mean, doesn't Monarch already have access to lasers?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

I prefer Heisei Rodan to Showa Rodan.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:29 am I prefer Heisei Rodan to Showa Rodan.

Added in 5 minutes 12 seconds:
In contrast to the current unpopular opinion, I'd rather not have any Toho aliens in the Monsterverse.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:29 am I prefer Heisei Rodan to Showa Rodan.
Hey look at that, a real unpopular opinion in the unpopular opinions thread!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

He may not have been my absolute favorite incarnation of the character, but Heisei Rodan was a boss-ass motherskreeonker.

He should get his own smilie emoji on this site.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

godjacob wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:03 am
so unpopular that i want to punch em in the throat

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:27 am
godjacob wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:03 am
so unpopular that i want to punch em in the throat
At least it's not as unpopular as mine. :mrgreen:

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Genuinely, what is everyone’s problem with Heisei Rodan? So many people fucking hate him and call him the worst Rodan and I just don’t get it.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:46 am
In contrast to the current unpopular opinion, I'd rather not have any Toho aliens in the Monsterverse.
We don't need aliens from space when there could be a hypothetical race living in the hollow earth.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:20 pm Genuinely, what is everyone’s problem with Heisei Rodan? So many people skreeonking hate him and call him the worst Rodan and I just don’t get it.
I can see how some might not like his design; it's not my personal favorite, as I'm not the biggest fan of the more Pteranodon-like look and his smaller stature than Godzilla (though I don't hate his design by any means. It's still pretty cool in of itself--especially when he becomes Fire Rodan). But aside from that, I have zero problems with Heisei Rodan. I don't know who said he's the worst Rodan and why, but I'm not certain they've been paying enough attention... ... ...

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

People don't like Heisei Rodan mainly cause his puppet, which people feel is stiff, and also people wish Rodan was Godzilla's "equal" again like the Showa version and Heisei is weaker starting that trend.

I personally like the version, like his little big brother bond with Jr, and his Fire Powers are neat even if just an excuse to give a beam spam weapon for the beam spam era.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:20 pm Genuinely, what is everyone’s problem with Heisei Rodan? So many people skreeonking hate him and call him the worst Rodan and I just don’t get it.
Have you looked at that ugly as skreoonk beak of his? Or how he looks like an old man compared to most other incarnations? Or how stupidly small he is? (not helped by the fact he started the stupid trend of "Rodan needs to be way smaller than Godzilla!" that still persists to this day) OR his unneeded BS Fire power up he got for the dumbest reason? (singing children somehow makes you go Super Saiyan, ok)

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I dislike the Heisei Rodan because the entire design is fundamentally wrong. He should also be close to Godzilla's equal in terms of size and strength. Now he's a smaller pteranodon who can be defeated by Godzilla without too much effort.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Legion1979 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:10 pm I dislike the Heisei Rodan because the entire design is fundamentally wrong. He should also be close to Godzilla's equal in terms of size and strength. Now he's a smaller pteranodon who can be defeated by Godzilla without too much effort.
He literally bashed Godzilla all around the place and gave him a harder fight than Mothra or Battra ever did on their own, and kicked Mechagodzilla and the Garuda’s ass until he got shot point-blank with a weapon that put Godzilla on his ass. An incarnation of a character does not need to be rigidly the same as the original with only minor changes and can’t have any drastic change in terms of size and power-relation to other characters, otherwise it’d just get boring.
Gigantis wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:03 pm Have you looked at that ugly as skreoonk beak of his? Or how he looks like an old man compared to most other incarnations? Or how stupidly small he is? (not helped by the fact he started the stupid trend of "Rodan needs to be way smaller than Godzilla!" that still persists to this day) OR his unneeded BS Fire power up he got for the dumbest reason? (singing children somehow makes you go Super Saiyan, ok)
Looks better than 64 Rodan’s cartoony-ass face. Or everything with FW Rodan’s design. GMK Ghidorah’s smaller than Godzilla despite every other version towering above him, so why is a smaller Rodan suddenly an atrocity? Fire Rodan’s color scheme is cool, and the singing just woke him up and made absorb a bunch of the radiation on the island.
godjacob wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:41 pm People don't like Heisei Rodan mainly cause his puppet, which people feel is stiff
They need to rewatch any other Heisei movie with a winged monster, because Rodan’s wing movements look way better than Ghidorah, Mothra, Battra, and Flying-Form Destoroyah in flight.
KWCE Administrator

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:29 pm
Gigantis wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:03 pm Or how stupidly small he is? (not helped by the fact he started the stupid trend of "Rodan needs to be way smaller than Godzilla!" that still persists to this day)
GMK Ghidorah’s smaller than Godzilla despite every other version towering above him, so why is a smaller Rodan suddenly an atrocity?
There’s a perfectly serviceable reason why GMK Ghidorah is smaller than Godzilla. Godzilla is meant to be seen as a large, imposing, ominous threat, and to make it fit better, they chose right to have the heroes be smaller. The guardians are the underdogs fighting an overwhelming and large force of evil.
For Emperor and Empire!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:29 pm Looks better than 64 Rodan’s cartoony-ass face. Or everything with FW Rodan’s design.
Final Wars Rodan is cool and 64 Rodan actually looks like Rodan. When I look at Heisei Rodan, all I see is a seagull fetus whose egg was laid in mid-air over Chernobyl before getting dunked in scalding water until its outer skin layer is turned to soup.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Gigantis wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:03 pm
Have you looked at that ugly as skreoonk beak of his? Or how he looks like an old man compared to most other incarnations? Or how stupidly small he is? (not helped by the fact he started the stupid trend of "Rodan needs to be way smaller than Godzilla!" that still persists to this day) OR his unneeded BS Fire power up he got for the dumbest reason? (singing children somehow makes you go Super Saiyan, ok)
Final Wars Rodan followed the Showa trend of being as tall as Godzilla, and that was 11 years after GvMGII. Much as I personally dislike Rodan being smaller than Godzilla, I'm pretty sure that that trend has nothing to do with Heisei Rodan.
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.