Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Godzilla vs. Kong if anything should had been moved back as Godzilla: King of the Monsters. I was glad the latter was moved back because by doing that it leads to polishing and editing making the film better. The same case would had gone for here as well.

Plus Godzilla vs. Kong like KotM spells Summer blockbuster and if I were to had picked a date I would have gone with July 3rd since that'd be a day before Independence Day which would be good marketing.

American Godzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by American Godzilla »

Godzilla Earth, without that invulnerable shield to protect him, would not last long vs other powerful Gojiras/kaiju. Plus his 318 meter height would be a disadvantage in close quarters vs smaller but very strong and tough past Gojiras. For example, 90s Godzilla can lift and toss around kaiju heavier than anime godzilla, and hide in areas near the anime monster where the anime couldn't easily see or hit him.
Last edited by American Godzilla on Sun May 26, 2019 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a believe of God and Jesus Christ my saviour and not afraid to say so.
Although I'm not against giving freedom to same-sex couples/marriage (as America is supposed to be free), as a Christian (which the Bible describes as a sin) and me personally I don't care/desire/agree with same sex couples/marriage.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Since Godzilla Earth is technically like, a tree, wouldn't that mean he'd be weak against any atomic breath? I don't see why the smaller Godzillas wouldn't be able to burn him from the ankles up. But that anime shield that almost all anime monsters tend to have is ridonculous.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

You guys are silly if you don't think Godzilla Earth wouldn't just blast every other Godzilla to smithereens with it's laser.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:You guys are silly if you don't think Godzilla Earth wouldn't just blast every other Godzilla to smithereens with it's laser.
Tbh he's extremely slow, I think if they could get under him he'd be in big trouble. his body wouldn't allow him to look a multitude of directions. G19 for example, he's quick witted, charges opponents, and has what seems to be a massive atomic blast. If Earth doesn't have his OP shields, I think a group of Goji's could take him out.

Shin would be done for, but I could see him getting at least one massive shot in on Earth, maybe as a distraction.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sun May 26, 2019 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

American Godzilla wrote:Godzilla Earth, without that invulnerable shield to protect him, would not last long vs other powerful Gojiras/kaiju. Plus his 318 meter height would be a disadvantage in close quarters vs smaller but very strong and tough past Gojiras. For example, 90s Godzilla can lift and toss around kaiju heavier than anime godzilla, and hide in areas near the anime monster where the anime couldn't easily see or hit him.

I've seen some arguments about why Godzilla 90s is uber powerful but this takes the cake.

Besides the shield, Earth has a literal unstoppable death ray. it tears through everything and anything and you cant "hide behind it". It got to space for crying out loud, what's a rock supposed to do? (also, where a 100 meter tall Godzilla can hide is beyond me but that's not important)

And size is 100% a factor. the only. kaiju 90s tossed was Heisei Ghidorah. That is impressive but Earth is more then 30,000 tons heavier and is literally as big as a mountain.

NO Godzilla could do lasting damage even without the shield.

The whole point of the animes is Godzilla has become a unstoppable force who is the indomitable ruler of Earth, so I'm very confused why so many people keep trying to make him a easy to beat wimp.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Sun May 26, 2019 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

American Godzilla
Monarch Researcher

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
American Godzilla wrote:Godzilla Earth, without that invulnerable shield to protect him, would not last long vs other powerful Gojiras/kaiju. Plus his 318 meter height would be a disadvantage in close quarters vs smaller but very strong and tough past Gojiras. For example, 90s Godzilla can lift and toss around kaiju heavier than anime godzilla, and hide in areas near the anime monster where the anime couldn't easily see or hit him.

I've seen some arguments about why Godzilla 90s is uber powerful but this takes the cake.

Besides the shield, Earth has a literal unstoppable death ray. it tears through everything and anything and you cant "hide behind it". It got to space for crying out loud, what's a rock supposed to do? (also, where a 100 meter tall Godzilla can hide is beyond me but that's not important)

And size is 100% a factor. the only. kaiju 90s tossed was Heisei Ghidorah. That is impressive but Earth is more then 30,000 tons heavier and is literally as big as a mountain.

The whole point of the animes is Godzilla has become a unstoppable force who is the indomitable ruler of Earth, so I'm very confused why so many people keep trying to make him a easy to beat wimp.
I didn't mean to imply that he was a "wimp" without the shielding. I was stating that the Anime Godzilla would not be nearly as much of an 'unstoppable force' when that shield is down as opposed to being up. Even with it down, I am expecting a brawl before one or the other would finally fall.

Despite being "as big as a mountain", he's still 100k tons. That means that thanks to his huge size, opposing Godzillas have even more surface area to play with in order to push Anime Godzilla over (or at least try to as actually lifting him up might be challenging considering how thick just his legs would be vs say 90s Godzilla, so pushing would be).
Although I'm not against giving freedom to same-sex couples/marriage (as America is supposed to be free), as a Christian (which the Bible describes as a sin) and me personally I don't care/desire/agree with same sex couples/marriage.

SoggyNoodles2016

American Godzilla wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:

I didn't mean to imply that he was a "wimp" without the shielding. I was stating that the Anime Godzilla would not be nearly as much of an 'unstoppable force' when that shield is down as opposed to being up. Even with it down, I am expecting a brawl before one or the other would finally fall.

Despite being "as big as a mountain", he's still 100k tons. That means that thanks to his huge size, opposing Godzillas have even more surface area to play with in order to push Anime Godzilla over (or at least try to as actually lifting him up might be challenging considering how thick just his legs would be vs say 90s Godzilla, so pushing would be).
my point is you're really selling Earth short. hes still uber powerful.

Every Godzilla can get knocked down. is Shin weaker because a building fell on him?

RIP Evan.

American Godzilla
Monarch Researcher

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
American Godzilla wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:

my point is you're really selling Earth short. hes still uber powerful.

Every Godzilla can get knocked down. is Shin weaker because a building fell on him?
I didn't mean to sell him short. I know he's uber tough as he's the toughest Gojira thus far. I like the creature for the most part, but the films he starred in I do not care for. All I was doing was exploring/debating on could another Gojira challenge Godzilla Earth if he didn't have the shield up. From our debates, and me questioning my own comments from before, I am starting to agree with you.

2019 Godzilla or Final Wars Godzilla would need their Red Atomic Breaths... just to begin to do damage to Godzilla Earth. The 2019 and 2004 Gojiras would last longer if Godzilla Earth didn't use his Red Atomic Ray! Heck, he could just use the blue one if they all are a good distance from each other!

I had thought Shin was scary with his 'laser show' as who could survive an assault from that if you're too close.... until I met Godzilla Earth (and filius honestly). Godzilla filius with that shield up and a beam weapon capable of blowing a whole mountain away (as just the blue version) would be devestating! The force to almost instantly blow away a whole mountain from a blue Atomic Ray from the 50 meter Anime Godzilla has to be (at a minimum) as much devestating force as a Red Atomic Breath from Burning/Final/2019 Godzillas (though I suspect more!!!!)

In a nutshell... thank you for convincing me, and reminding me, at how deadly Godzilla Earth really is. I hope you believe me. I also hope you don't mind me respecting the monster even though I don't care for the films as much.

SoggyNoodles2016

it's fine dude. Thanks for listening. Most. people just ignore what someone says. It's a nice change. :D
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Sun May 26, 2019 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

American Godzilla
Monarch Researcher

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:it's fine dude. Thanks for listening. Most. people just ignore what someone says.

Thank you my friend (if you want me as a friend that is). I hope you enjoyed the debate as I did. I never ignore what others say. As part of a debate, I like to do some research... though with my real life being busy I did naturally forget some info as you know. Speaking of the Anime Godzilla, I even found some neat images...

a size relation that includes Godzilla Earth....

...and Godzilla Earth facing the Death Star (which considering the range on that sucker, this is plausible)

...this link https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php ... d=69895104 shows a fan-made recreation showing the power of the blue Atomic Ray from the 50 meter Anime Godzilla.
Last edited by American Godzilla on Sun May 26, 2019 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Godzilla`s size and abilities, are only relevant to their film they are in. Fantasy matches and comparing Godzilla power wise, is only really interesting comparing how strong a Godzilla was to its relevant universe.

For example:
Godzilla Earth can easily be seen as one of the strongest, but it also had the worst and strongest foes, being the NanoMetal Mechagodzilla, and the Anime Ghidorah. Shin-Gojira, was vastly over powered in the world it was in, and with the exception of a very specific weakness, had no chance of being overpowered. The Heisei Godzilla, while being strong, and a slew of weakniesses that were exploited, but managed to keep coming back.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Showa Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showa Gojira »

The REAL question is could Godzilla Earth beat this guy? ^
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:40 pm
Best kaiju game ever. Like, seriously, awesome to play and full of cool little nods to the films that make it up. Ten out of ten. Worth waiting for.

"GODZILLA - ULTRAMAN - GAMERA: ALL MONSTERS ATTACK!"
http://kaijubeatemup.blogspot.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6vZKr ... XgWG0hADNA
The Thread: http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... =19&t=5609

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

I'm not totally sure what the fandom's general opinion of Keizer (Kaiser?) Ghidorah is, but it's such an ugly design.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

SoggyNoodles2016

General opinion is hes trash and you're on point KillCrites.

Anywho, something that's always bugged me is why hes Kaiser anyhow. Theres no King Ghidorah in this universe or so on. Just call him King Ghidorah.

RIP Evan.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

KillCrites wrote:I'm not totally sure what the fandom's general opinion of Keizer (Kaiser?) Ghidorah is, but it's such an ugly design.
Fandom consensus? No idea. General TK consensus, from what I've seen, is that it's inferior in terms of design to Monster X.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Marp
Yojimbo

Post by Marp »

KillCrites wrote:I'm not totally sure what the fandom's general opinion of Keizer (Kaiser?) Ghidorah is, but it's such an ugly design.
I kinda like Keizer Ghidorah. I like the four legged look, which makes it rather impressive since he had to have two guys inside him to achieve the effect. Plus, I really enjoy the dirty, grimy yellow and black on him, reminds me of mouldy cheese and that makes him all the more twisted and disgusting. Plus, his sound effects and roars help seal the deal that he's a twisted, unholy beast. I'm pretty fond of him, though obviously not as much as the classic King and similar variations.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Everything about Keizer Ghidorah would be good if it just wasn't a two-person horse joke.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

UltramanGoji wrote:Everything about Keizer Ghidorah would be good if it just wasn't a two-person horse joke.
Yeah, I mean one of them poor bastards was smelling Keizer farts all day.

*drops mic*

I'll be here all day folks.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

I like Keizer Ghidorah but I think Death Ghidorah pulled off the four-legged look better.