Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Minya is both really ugly and cute at the same time, and some of his more annoying qualities in both Son of Godzilla and revenge (you can argue it’s a completely different character into revenge), come off as endearing and more child like. Children are annoying in many cases. I think In a way SoG nailed that well, and Minya is important because at the end, Godzilla becomes selfless, which is really important to his character arc over the course of the films.

Little Godzilla, while super cute, and has a touching scene with Godzilla in GVD, feels much more manufactured and Sanitized than Minya.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

I love Son of Godzilla, including Minya. Everything in that movie works for what they were trying to do.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Minya is both really ugly and cute at the same time, and some of his more annoying qualities in both Son of Godzilla and revenge (you can argue it’s a completely different character into revenge), come off as endearing and more child like. Children are annoying in many cases. I think In a way SoG nailed that well, and Minya is important because at the end, Godzilla becomes selfless, which is really important to his character arc over the course of the films.

Little Godzilla, while super cute, and has a touching scene with Godzilla in GVD, feels much more manufactured and Sanitized than Minya.
DirektorSplennic wrote:I love Son of Godzilla, including Minya. Everything in that movie works for what they were trying to do.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

RIP Evan.

SoggyNoodles2016

Godzilla vs Biollante is overhyped and has a mediocre human cast with the exception of Gondo.

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Godzilla vs Biollante is overhyped and has a mediocre human cast with the exception of Gondo.
You dare incite the wrath of Goji89?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Godzilla vs Biollante is overhyped and has a mediocre human cast with the exception of Gondo.
Shiragami, Miki, and the Saradian agent were fairly memorable, too. Otherwise, yeah, I agree that they were very forgettable. But no, the movie is not overhyped, sir, how dare you. It's top ten, maybe even top five material, no problem at all.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

JAGzilla wrote:
Shiragami, Miki, and the Saradian agent were fairly memorable, too. Otherwise, yeah, I agree that they were very forgettable. But no, the movie is not overhyped, sir, how dare you. It's top ten, maybe even top five material, no problem at all.
Gondo, Shiragami and Miki are great. Also Kuroki. The Saradian is only memorable for his edgy look and terrible dialogue. The two leads are some of the most forgettable in the series. I agree that the movie is overhyped. The first three-quarters are great, but the ending falls totally flat and it's hard not to judge a movie by what it leaves you with. Honestly, Biollante is good compared to most of the other Heisei films, but pales in comparison to the better Showa films, GMK and Shin Gojira. It's novel and technically impressive enough to maybe break the top ten, but definitely not the top five.
Last edited by HedorahIsBestGirl on Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

SoggyNoodles2016

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote:
JAGzilla wrote:
Gondo, Shiragami and Miki are great. Also Kuroki. The Saradian is only memorable for his edgy look and terrible dialogue. The two leads are some of the most forgettable in the series. I agree that the movie is overhyped. The first three-quarters are great, but the ending falls totally flat and it's hard not to judge a movie by what it leaves you with. Honestly, Biollante is good compared to most of the other Heisei films, but pales in comparison to the better Showa films, GMK and Shin Gojira. It's novel and technically impressive enough to maybe break the top ten, but definitely not the top five.

basically all of my feelings in one post hahaha

RIP Evan.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Shiragami and Gondo are quite notable characters. Seldom do you find a man with the gall to tell Godzilla to take up smoking.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

A tad bit off topic, but whatever happened to Orichalcum (Stumpy)? He used to post like 50 times a day.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

DirektorSplennic wrote:A tad bit off topic, but whatever happened to Orichalcum (Stumpy)? He used to post like 50 times a day.
Either temp ban or he rage quited the forum. Who knows with him. :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

tyrantgoji wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:A tad bit off topic, but whatever happened to Orichalcum (Stumpy)? He used to post like 50 times a day.
Either temp ban or he rage quited the forum. Who knows with him. :lol:
I miss him :cry:

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

He's relatively older than most people here so it's likely he just doesn't have time to waste here.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
He's relatively older than most people here so it's likely he just doesn't have time to waste here.
Or he says he's relatively older. He made like 40 posts a day so he had time.

Aren't people that are banned have a logo or something on their profile picture? Used to be the mutant from PON
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Godzilla21 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:

Aren't people that are banned have a logo or something on their profile picture? Used to be the mutant from PON
I mean when Ryguy got banned he didn't have it on him,and he's gone for good.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

tyrantgoji wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:

I mean when Ryguy got banned he didn't have it on him,and he's gone for good.
Hes probably banned. I couldn't go 3 threads without seeing him saying something. Then cold turkey.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

RIP Stumpy. He was a tad irritating, but I helped him find a Baragon figure that he ended up not buying. I will forever miss him. :cry:

I just realized Mr. Goji disappeared too. He wasn't as frequent as Stumpy, but he's been gone for a while too...
Last edited by DirektorSplennic on Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I like the anime trilogy more then KOTM. 8-)

The monster action in KOTM is obviously way better, but I find the plot of the anime trilogy and the lore way more interesting.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:I like the anime trilogy more then KOTM. 8-)
I find the anime trilogy almost unwatchable... but I still might agree with you.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Popular Godzilla Opinion: eabaker’s signature is the best on this forum.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.