Darkest Godzilla scene

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Mastergodzilla
GPN Volunteer

Darkest Godzilla scene

Post by Mastergodzilla »

It cwn be from a movie, comic, or book.
:baragon: :destoroyah: :muto: :bagan: :g2k: :monsterx: :gigan: :mechagodzilla: :spacegodzilla: :g64: :godzilla: :tk:
Check out my YouTube Channel, GodzillaFan2004! Has everything Godzilla, from reviews of fan films to fan films themselves! Please subscribe!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR1qg2 ... 4JEFNvBhCw

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Darkest Godzilla scene

Post by eabaker »

These scene in GMK in which the fleeing crowd Godzilla immolates clearly includes a woman with a baby stands out.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Post by Bigdog »

The scene in Gojira, where as Godzilla marches onward through the city, a woman is holding her daughter up against a wall. They are desperate, but the mother accepts her fate and tries to keep her daughter calmed down. She then says to her, "We'll be with your father soon." Indicating he either died in World War II or was one of the fishermen that died on one of the Marus.

Then, Godzilla knocks over that building and they both die.

Another would be where in the Dark Horse comic, a man sacrifices himself in order to bring Daimajin alive to fight Godzilla.

A final one would be the realization that a part of Biollante is Erika. But that's not really as dark as the FMA Nina scene because Biollante rarely has anything to do with her original state, so we don't necessarily have the same impact with her that we probably should have.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Image
lol I was about to post something like this.

Anyways, the scene in Godzilla where one of the survivors of the shipwreck is later killed by Godzilla in the rainstorm was pretty shocking the first time I've watched it.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

The beginning of the return of godzilla 1984.... That boat scene.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Rodan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Rodan »

Someone beat me to the visual-darkness joke, so ...

The entire attack on Tokyo and aftermath in the original film.

Dracostar44
Samurai

Post by Dracostar44 »

Gojira attacks on Tokoyo.
Gmk Godzilla sadistically smiling before he vaporized all citizens that was fleeing from him
Why be king when you can be God

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Killing Shindo was pretty brutal.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

ShodaiGoji
Samurai

Post by ShodaiGoji »

Gojira (1954)
"Don't worry, we will be with your father soon" scene with the mother and her two small children.

Radio tower scene. Kolat did a great job on the Crition dvd/BluRay commentary on this scene. The announcers are literally staying on the airwaves until Godzilla kills them when he attacks the radio tower.

(Also Kolat mentioned how nearly every character who directly encountered Godzilla would meet their fate by the end of the film *with the expection of the female lead and the boy from Oda Island* to parallel how coming in contact with the radioactive fallout of the H-Bomb will eventually kill you in end.)

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

The entire Tokyo sequence from the original. Particularly the scene with the woman and her children, and when Godzilla goes out of his way to burn a crowd of trapped people to death with his Ray.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Gojira. All of it. Just....fuck. He destroyed how many ships before the movie even started?

Added in 2 minutes 44 seconds:
eabaker wrote:These scene in GMK in which the fleeing crowd Godzilla immolates clearly includes a woman with a baby stands out.
That mushroom cloud is the final nail in the coffin. I know you can kick up enough dust to make a mushroom cloud with a big enough explosion, it doesn't need to be nuclear, hell even TNT can do it if you have enough. But considering the characters history and why it was originally made, it's pretty clear what it's supposed to be implying. Even if he didn't destroy the whole city, he destroyed big enough chunk that everyone mistook it for an A-Bomb from a distance.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

All of Godzilla's rampage in Gojira.

#BotM

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

The Odo Island rampage in the original film where Shinkichi's family are killed by Godzilla. Very very underrated scene.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

The hospitals being over run the day after Godzilla's attack. So many people injured or dying and some of them are outside around the block in lines cause there isn't enough room, doctors cheeking kids for fallout.

The firetrucks being trashed by Godzilla's tail as they try to rush out and control his city wide fires.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Also from GMK, the girl in the hospital who survived Godzilla's earlier attack, adn seems to survive this one, only to be tail-smashed...

And, from the comics, that horrific subplot about the dying kids and the father's failed suicide bombing against Godzilla from... what, kingdom of the Monsters, I think? Gah.

Let's not forget the street full of skeletons (if I'm remembering correctly) from vs. Hedorah...
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

When Eric Powell was brought in to write Kingdom Of Monsters....
Godzilla

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Oh, that's easy:

The scene in Godzilla where after Godzilla's attack Dr. Tanabe tests a small child for radioactivity and finds his levels well beyond lethal, turns to Emiko, and then just shakes his head.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Zarm wrote: And, from the comics, that horrific subplot about the dying kids and the father's failed suicide bombing against Godzilla from... what, kingdom of the Monsters, I think? Gah.
The dying kids were from Kingdom of Monsters, but the kamikaze father was from the very first Dark Horse comic.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Zarm wrote: And, from the comics, that horrific subplot about the dying kids and the father's failed suicide bombing against Godzilla from... what, kingdom of the Monsters, I think? Gah.
The dying kids were from Kingdom of Monsters, but the kamikaze father was from the very first Dark Horse comic.

Nope, it was Kingdom of Monsters. Godzilla kills the kids in Kingdom of Monsters #1, and their father attempts to kill Godzilla with a suicide bomb (with predictable results) in Kingdom of Monsters #2. (Well, they're at the very least reusing the kamikaze idea from the first DH comic.)