The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by BlankAccount »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:I usually don't complain about bad CGI but there was nothing with her movements that required it. It doesn't even look like they cel-shaded it, either
From what I understand it's intentional cause story wise you can't comprehend or fully process her true form and it's supposed to be somewhat off putting, unnatural and jarring to what we perceive as that anime's reality hence the janky art style shift. Tiamat's true from is supposed to be 4D. How the fuck do you animate that when we might not be able to fully perceive it or perceive it at all in real life? You don't, you make everyone 2D and have her turn into 3D.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

A certain user on the FMs using VsWiki power scaling, and being super toxic about it. He will remain unnamed, but he did get his permission to post revoked.
For Emperor and Empire!

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

VoyagerGoji wrote:A certain user on the FMs using VsWiki power scaling, and being super toxic about it. He will remain unnamed, but he did get his permission to post revoked.
VsWiki power scaling is total cringe in itself! I said it there and I'll say it here; people will say "oh no this monster is planetary while this one is continental, he one-shots end of story lolollolol" and it's like wtf. MV Godzilla takes nukes but is vulnerable to other kaiju attacks, Showa Godzilla and Heisei Godzilla were downed multiple times, WHY do people insist on using VsWiki power scaling as some form of arguments with kaiju who's durability always differs?? It makes no sense at all and it comes across as absolute cringe!
Image Image

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

VoyagerGoji wrote:he did get his permission to post revoked.
Isn't that just getting banned?

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

KingKong2005 wrote:
VoyagerGoji wrote:A certain user on the FMs using VsWiki power scaling, and being super toxic about it. He will remain unnamed, but he did get his permission to post revoked.
VsWiki power scaling is total cringe in itself! I said it there and I'll say it here; people will say "oh no this monster is planetary while this one is continental, he one-shots end of story lolollolol" and it's like wtf. MV Godzilla takes nukes but is vulnerable to other kaiju attacks, Showa Godzilla and Heisei Godzilla were downed multiple times, WHY do people insist on using VsWiki power scaling as some form of arguments with kaiju who's durability always differs?? It makes no sense at all and it comes across as absolute cringe!
On top of that, a lot of the people who view the site as a legitimately reliable source of info act pompous and rude to others who's opinions don't line up with theirs; a bunch of the users on that site hate the likes of Death Battle and claim that it's almost always wrong just for having different opinions on certain matches.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

No words.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:No words.
What. Is. This.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

VoyagerGoji wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:No words.
What. Is. This.
You two make the biggest deals out of nothing. It's just a harmless little fan thing someone did. I don't really understand it but I'm guessing the third one is a crossover with Godzilla and Dragonball? I wouldn't know since I've never seen Dragonball.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Is that MeGodtron
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

It is kind of amusing to see Godzilla dressed like Shredder.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

Once saw a post on r/Godzilla where some guy complained about the Showa era's portrayal of Godzilla being bad because of his "inconsistent power level" or something to that effect. Then posted a rearrangement of the movies that "makes sense" when it comes to Godzilla's power, disregarding the inconsistency to his character but hey it's all about them power levels!
Resized Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote:Once saw a post on r/Godzilla where some guy complained about the Showa era's portrayal of Godzilla being bad because of his "inconsistent power level" or something to that effect. Then posted a rearrangement of the movies that "makes sense" when it comes to Godzilla's power, disregarding the inconsistency to his character but hey it's all about them power levels!
Now that is cringe.
For Emperor and Empire!

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

VoyagerGoji wrote:
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote:Once saw a post on r/Godzilla where some guy complained about the Showa era's portrayal of Godzilla being bad because of his "inconsistent power level" or something to that effect. Then posted a rearrangement of the movies that "makes sense" when it comes to Godzilla's power, disregarding the inconsistency to his character but hey it's all about them power levels!
Now that is cringe.
Second this!
Image Image

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I want to see the order.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
I want to see the order.
Yeah, I'm kind of morbidly curious now.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:
I want to see the order.
Yeah, I'm kind of morbidly curious now.
You asked.
Resized Image

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

DirektorSplennic wrote:You... make the biggest deals out of nothing. It's just a harmless little fan thing someone did.
That's what most of this thread is and I don't get it. Most of this stuff isn't "cringe". The reactions in this thread are more embarrassing.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Terasawa wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:You... make the biggest deals out of nothing. It's just a harmless little fan thing someone did.
That's what most of this thread is and I don't get it. Most of this stuff isn't "cringe". The reactions in this thread are more embarrassing.
Hell I've been guilty of it, even recently. I'd just rather see stuff that is actual cringe that actually affects the fandom instead of some little kid's fanart (who keep in mind may have their little heart broken if they saw their stuff on this thread.)

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Terasawa wrote:
Cringe culture is just stupid. Make some sort of fan thing somebody else doesn't like, and it's automatically cringe no matter what.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

DirektorSplennic wrote:
Terasawa wrote:
Hell I've been guilty of it, even recently. I'd just rather see stuff that is actual cringe that actually affects the fandom instead of some little kid's fanart (who keep in mind may have their little heart broken if they saw their stuff on this thread.)
Not a kid but go off, I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.