The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
edgaguirus
Keizer

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by edgaguirus »

I like James Stokoe as well.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Kaijusamurai wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:26 pm
Breakdown wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:54 pm
Kaijusamurai wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:08 pm Nice! Thanks for sharing, I’ll take a look!
Can you look at my stuff too, senpai?

:cry:
Lol go for it!
https://www.deviantart.com/generalgreasy
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Breakdown wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:16 pm
Kaijusamurai wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:26 pm
Breakdown wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:54 pm

Can you look at my stuff too, senpai?

:cry:
Lol go for it!
https://www.deviantart.com/generalgreasy
Holy shit your stuff is actually pretty good, really liking your series Contaminant

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

So, this is the cringe thread, right?

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Legion1979 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:27 pm So, this is the cringe thread, right?
Turned into the fanboy thread :lol:
For Emperor and Empire!

Kaijusamurai
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kaijusamurai »

I took a little time to check over some of the art that y’all shared in this thread!

JNavs: I like that you’re thinking outside of the box with your kaiju redesigns. Seeing Kong as anything other than a thinly veiled gorilla is always fun. And I don’t think I’ve seen a super furry Ghidorah before! I can tell you’re still just starting out so try to study anatomy and perspective, that’ll help your work tremendously down the line. The more you draw the better you’ll get at it. You’d probably like Lenny Romero’s extreme shading techniques as well (the King Caesar reminded me a bit of his), so check him out on Instagram.

Executive Hamster: A fellow Art Adams student, I see! I can see some really solid foundations here. AND you’re experimenting with markers too! Your original Godzilla design is simple but kinda fun - that big beefy head and crocodile tail are cool. The spines feel a little brittle/not super well balanced but I like where your head’s at, kinda imagining them like giant machetes! Like JNavs I’ll recommend anatomy and perspective study, it’ll improve your work. Check out some of Shinji Nishikawa’s marker work, and I mean REALLY study it. Look for where his individual marker heads cross and blend with each-other, you’ll get a lot out of that.

General Greasy (Breakdown): this one surprised me! I like the original concept and worldbuilding a lot! I can tell you’ve got a lot of cool ideas and are bursting at the seams to get them out of your head.
If your goal is more advanced 3D modeling, don’t be afraid to get your hands on some actual Scupley modeling clay and play around with it - it’ll give you a major appreciation for digital sculpting. As for your drawings, anatomy will help you tremendously, especially if you’re going for body horror. Check out some actual die-hard anatomy books on animals and people. And maybe grab one of Burne Hogarth’s books (or several), he’s a master of dynamic anatomy!

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

So your giving your opinion to Peoples redesign, can I share my Art?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Let's try and move the art discussion to a different topic if we can. Think we've derailed this one long enough!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

And that is the real cringe :lol:
For Emperor and Empire!

Kaijusamurai
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kaijusamurai »

UltramanGoji wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:52 pm Let's try and move the art discussion to a different topic if we can. Think we've derailed this one long enough!
That’s fair! Anyone who wants me to look over their stuff can DM me on Twitter (spankzilla85) or Instagram (mattzilla85) and I’ll get around to it when I can!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Voyager wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:56 pm And that is the real cringe :lol:
It's just up and coming artists seeking advice and constructive criticism from someone who got successful in the art industry. While it may be off-topic, there's nothing inherently cringy about that.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Spuro wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:31 pm
Voyager wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:56 pm And that is the real cringe :lol:
It's just up and coming artists seeking advice and constructive criticism from someone who got successful in the art industry. While it may be off-topic, there's nothing inherently cringy about that.
It's a joke...? Like scenes at the end of kids cartoons where the characters say in jest something and everyone laughs along.
For Emperor and Empire!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Anyone remember Zillagod? Old Mid 2010s youtube Godzilla drama.

I used to be deep in that part of the fandom, and my sworn enemies were the biggest Zillagod proponents. Mike Cassidy, Mike Caswell, Beast from 20,000 Fathoms, Paris Murphy and Casey Thorne. Those names send shivers down my spine to this very day.

Never forget my homie Carboot studios though.
Last edited by Voyager on Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Voyager wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:15 pm Anyone remember Zillagod? Old Mid 2010s youtube Godzilla drama.

I used to be deep in that part of the fandom, and my sworn enemies were the biggest Zillagod proponents. Mike Cassidy, Mike Caswell, Beast from 20,000 Fathoms, Paris Murphy and Casey Thorne. Those names send shivers down my spine to this very day.

No because I wasn’t a part of it. But I would be very much interested to hear what happened?

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:29 pm
Voyager wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:15 pm Anyone remember Zillagod? Old Mid 2010s youtube Godzilla drama.

No because I wasn’t a part of it. But I would be very much interested to hear what happened?
Basically Zillagod was a fake character/movie based on Godzilla 1998’s son. Supposedly, the mentioned people had information about this movie and would post “trailers” and clips of the movie. And on every post would be a war in the comments between the Zillagod fans, lead by the two Mike’s and Casey and team Godzilla, lead by Carboot Studios, Da appy Ork and myself.

We had many arguments in the comments, and it was very fun to get so riled up over obvious trolls. The Zillagod kids also had a weird obsession with the Rhedosaurus, Gorgo, and the hatred of Togo’s “Gayzilla”.

It was really big around 2017 and 2018 and has died down ever since. Last time I talked with Casey Thorne was probably some time in 2020.

Really nostalgic times.
For Emperor and Empire!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Yes, I remember that! Nerfman’s last video was on them if I remember correctly.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

What's cringe is there's a community on Twitter selling NFTs that are literally just recolored Godzillas under the totally original name Godjira.

I've done a bit of a deep dive with this; there's a ton of this shit out there.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Kiryu2012 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:38 pm What's cringe is there's a community on Twitter selling NFTs that are literally just recolored Godzillas under the totally original name Godjira.
Great, more images I can download
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

MonsterVerse fans getting angry because redditor said he wasn’t a fan of any of the American films.

Added in 4 minutes 53 seconds:
Now watch as I get downvoted into oblivion for defending the OP.
For Emperor and Empire!

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Based as hell