The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Voyager
Keizer

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Voyager »

I'd say the fic is worse on a technical level. Atleast the R34 is well drawn.
For Emperor and Empire!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Voyager wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:07 pm I'd say the fic is worse on a technical level. Atleast the R34 is well drawn.
You sure know your hentai breasts.

I'm kinda a hentai breast myself.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

goji89 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:45 pm
Voyager wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:07 pm I'd say the fic is worse on a technical level. Atleast the R34 is well drawn.
You sure know your hentai breasts.

I'm kinda a hentai breast myself.
I am a man of the trade, yes.
For Emperor and Empire!

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

I could be wrong, but I THINK I remember that second image being made as a parody of those utterly ridiculous ships some people have that make absolutely no sense. Nobody would expect Gigan and Marceline. Ironically, I think it started as a parody but became an actual thing, cause its not the only fanart of that ship I can find.

In a similar vein, Godzilla x Lapis Lazuli is also a thing that shouldnt exist

This perfectly summarizes why I left deviantart.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

God. Ngl, shinrobjira is the ultimate cringelord. His recent videos truly are so hard to watch. I still do, of course, since he covers a lot of figures that nobody else does, but it still hurts me to sit through some of it.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

ShinRobjira is cringe, of course, but ultimate cringelord? No, that goes to my nemesis, Alteori. I have a severe disliking of her.
For Emperor and Empire!

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Executive Hamster wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:25 pm I could be wrong, but I THINK I remember that second image being made as a parody of those utterly ridiculous ships some people have that make absolutely no sense. Nobody would expect Gigan and Marceline. Ironically, I think it started as a parody but became an actual thing, cause its not the only fanart of that ship I can find.
TFW your second favorite Godzilla kaiju is shipped with your old cartoon crush
Voyager wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:13 am ShinRobjira is cringe, of course, but ultimate cringelord? No, that goes to my nemesis, Alteori. I have a severe disliking of her.
What’s so bad about Alteori? I’ve never watched any of their videos and have only seen their thumbnails and comments on other videos, but they don’t sound too bad
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Kaiju-Killer 751
Monsterland Worker

Post by Kaiju-Killer 751 »

I found some more Gigan x Marceline art, but it's rather....raunchy, to put it lightly. So I'm just going to share a link and warn that it's NSFW

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca88777 ... sv6tQNagG0

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Kaiju-Killer 751 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:14 am I found some more Gigan x Marceline art, but it's rather....raunchy, to put it lightly. So I'm just going to share a link and warn that it's NSFW

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca88777 ... sv6tQNagG0
This is some weird freaking crap we've stumbled upon..

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:01 pm Especially given that's likely an OC
It's Marceline from Adventure Time.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Jermobooka wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:21 am
Voyager wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:13 am ShinRobjira is cringe, of course, but ultimate cringelord? No, that goes to my nemesis, Alteori. I have a severe disliking of her.
What’s so bad about Alteori? I’ve never watched any of their videos and have only seen their thumbnails and comments on other videos, but they don’t sound too bad
Her fanfic videos make me cringe more than anything else to do with Godzilla.
For Emperor and Empire!

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Alteori is a cringe channel in general, but guess I'm not in the target demo.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I'm not a fan of Alteori but honestly, I don't find much cringe about her other than the aforementioned fanfics (which seem to only be on her alt, anyways) and her thumbnails.

Added in 1 minute 44 seconds:
Okay, maybe the fact she wanted the Monster Hunter movie to be a Land Before Time ripoff is a third cringy thing.

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

Whenever I see anyone for any reason compare Godzilla, kaiju, or any aspect relating to the characters or series, to American comic book characters or storylines. It's fucking pathetic, really.
Resized Image

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Veering off the topic of Alteori, I just saw artwork of an anthro Godzilla with huge badonkers sucking Ghidorah's you-know-what. Deviantart at its tamest, I guess.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:57 pm Veering off the topic of Alteori, I just saw artwork of an anthro Godzilla with huge badonkers sucking Ghidorah's you-know-what. Deviantart at its tamest, I guess.
Call me Ultraman Triggered because I need therapy after imagining that
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:57 pm Veering off the topic of Alteori, I just saw artwork of an anthro Godzilla with huge badonkers sucking Ghidorah's you-know-what. Deviantart at its tamest, I guess.
How do you consistently keep finding this shit? Soemtimes I think you're into it or something.
Last edited by Voyager on Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Voyager wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:12 pm
How do you consistently keep finding this poop? Soemtimes I think you're into it or something.
When you're a frequent Deviantart visitor, you get used to it.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:31 pm
Voyager wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:12 pm
How do you consistently keep finding this poop? Soemtimes I think you're into it or something.
When you're a frequent Deviantart visitor, you get used to it.
You should switch to Artstation. Much more palatable.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

Hey, GOJI89, You reading this thread? I have a little fact that'll make you specifically cringe hard.
I once saw a Godzilla toy film where they used a golden variant Trendmaster MG for the villain and physically burned him to a crisp at the end with real fire as the character's death. And nope, I don't have a link, because seeing it again would make me cringe just as much.