The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Smuggers »

Living Corpse wrote:
Smuggers wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:God damn. And the assholes on this forum thinks I'm cringe?
Obsessed. lol
I'm proud of you for confessing you have an obsession with me. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. Good on you.
Whoops, sorry if that came off the wrong way. I was actually referring to your continued need to bring up those who you've perceived to have wronged in the past even long after the dust has settled and thinking they are out to get you, instead of entertaining the reality that you might be part of a fairly small community where people are meant to respond to each other's messages. Hope this cleared that up.

You are correct. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. I hope you can get there soon and eventually reach acceptance.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

Smuggers wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
Smuggers wrote: Obsessed. lol
I'm proud of you for confessing you have an obsession with me. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. Good on you.
Whoops, sorry if that came off the wrong way. I was actually referring to your continued need to bring up those who you've perceived to have wronged in the past even long after the dust has settled and thinking they are out to get you, instead of entertaining the reality that you might be part of a fairly small community where people are meant to respond to each other's messages. Hope this cleared that up.

You are correct. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. I hope you can get there soon and eventually reach acceptance.
Smuggers, please stop flaming/trolling/what have you, LC. If I see it again, it will be a warning.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

GodzillavsZilla wrote: Smuggers, please stop flaming/trolling/what have you, LC. If I see it again, it will be a warning.
It's really not an attempt to get a rise out of him or anything like that. I genuinely believe what I say. Thanks for listening.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

I rediscovered the TK toons section and I remembered loving them about a decade ago

Jesus Christ that shit is cringe incarnate, all I had to do was look at the title of the most recent episode to know I was in for a really awful time
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

gottatalktothefake wrote:I rediscovered the TK toons section and I remembered loving them about a decade ago

Jesus Christ that poop is cringe incarnate, all I had to do was look at the title of the most recent episode to know I was in for a really awful time
Yeah hehehe, some of it is super cringey. But not gonna lie, I checked the site almost every day back then eagerly waiting for a new episode/incarnation. At the earliest time internet animation was relatively new so for its time the animation was fine.

Additionally, way back before it became the Gabby and Monster X show (and then eventually a ridiculous parody of DBZ with Vegeta and KATZ from Courage the cowardly dog) there were some decent parodies of a lot of random moments from the film series.

It`s a relic of the time, but I still love it.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

As a kiddo, i used to think the TK toons were the greatest thing ever. Now, some are still hilarious, but the most recent ones pretty much lost the charm.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

I thought he stopped making them like five years ago
Jesus Christ
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

I never really liked the TK Toons myself, but hey, to each their own. KWCs used to be my thing until I grew out of them.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Wasn’t there like ever so often really not so blatant Christianity forced into them? Not trying to be an edgy atheist, or even make it a complaint, I just find it bizarre in retrospect.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Wasn’t there like ever so often really not so blatant Christianity forced into them? Not trying to be an edgy atheist, or even make it a complaint, I just find it bizarre in retrospect.
Blame Vega
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Wasn’t there like ever so often really not so blatant Christianity forced into them? Not trying to be an edgy atheist, or even make it a complaint, I just find it bizarre in retrospect.
I don’t recall that but I do recall weird Pokémon stuff and odd shipping
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Pretty cringe and kotmpilled if you ask me
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Image

Man, I was just baffled by how long the fandom complained about the critics. About three weeks after the films release and I was still seeing posts on Instagram trying to own the critics.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Image

I love be fact that it’s Ebirah getting blasted. Like wtf did he do?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Because it's based off this image:

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

G2000 wrote:I thought he stopped making them like five years ago
Jesus Christ
Your reading comprehension powers are weak old man!

The TK Toons are a relic from when TK was a lot more relaxed and not so strung up over everything like it is now

Mostly because that weight was carried by Legion1979 entirely.

The older TK toons are great time capsules of the 2000s. The last few seasons just went off the rails
Last edited by ROMG4 on Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

He still makes them right?
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

TKToons, Son of a skreeonk! You're still alive!!!!

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:He still makes them right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KanjZfb6aPI
Never knew Gigan Final Wars was voiced by Yolandi from Die Antwoord.
Last edited by GodzillavsJason on Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

God, good thing that was posted in the appropriate thread.