The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Voyager
Keizer

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Voyager »

Lmaoooo I ask this guy to back up his claim and he starts to fling shit.
For Emperor and Empire!

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

I like how 90% of the response to criticism of any of these movies is to just bring up another film to deflect onto.
Last edited by Smuggers on Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

With all due respect, guys, I don't think going onto subreddits to troll Monsterverse fans is a great look for TK users. Neither is it a great look for fans of classic Godzilla films, for that matter. I'm starting to think this is the real cringe in this thread.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Spuro wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:42 am With all due respect, guys, I don't think going onto subreddits to troll Monsterverse fans is a great look for TK users. Neither is it a great look for fans of classic Godzilla films, for that matter. I'm starting to think this is the real cringe in this thread.
Well that’s the thing. I just pop into a thread that’s supposedly for discussion, and yet when I do discuss, I get bombarded with such hostility that would make the FMs blush.

I get where you’re coming from. This thread is saturated with the Godzilla subreddit, so much so that it might seem we’re hunting for stuff to put here. But in all honesty, I browse there for genuine conversations with people who share similar or dissimilar views to me.
For Emperor and Empire!

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

Voyager wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:21 am But in all honesty, I browse there for genuine conversations with people who share similar or dissimilar views to me.
Honestly outside of this forum or with friends who are really into the series, trying to talk Godzilla with people online is mostly a bust. Newbies only really care about the Monsterverse or the same basic stuff that's been part of the fandom for years (i.e. designs, power levels/fights, and toys). Or maybe it's in part because I've gotten older and have found the old adage of "nerds hate other nerds" to be true. It's usually best to enjoy things privately, honestly.

I say on a public forum full of other fans. Go figure.
Resized Image

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Okay the real cringe is becoming TK's hatred of r/Godzilla. Seems to mainly make people here look insecure.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

godjacob wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:30 am Okay the real cringe is becoming TK's hatred of r/Godzilla. Seems to mainly make people here look insecure.
BINGO. Can this topic just go away? It doesn't just make the people who bring it up look insecure (a problem that infests this fandom) it makes them look immature as well.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

My friend sent me this.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Spuro wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:15 pm

My friend sent me this.
NO DICK. NO BALLS. PROBABLY NO BUTTHOLE BECAUSE HE FEEDS ON RADIATION.

Gojicenter is so bizarre sometimes. Like Alteori levels.
For Emperor and Empire!

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Gorillas have really small parts despite the phrase 'hung like a gorilla.'
Now gorilla-monsters: that I don't know.

I distinctly remember watching Godzilla 1985 with a friend when we were both in early elementary school. We that panning up shot of Godzilla's full reveal and my friend asked "where's his weenie?" Me: Uuuuuuh? Neither of us knew of retractable parts then or I would have answered with that.

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Spuro wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:15 pm
Some nerds really to get a life. lmao
Resized Image

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ If you all watched the video, it's done its job. You don't have to like it, just click on it.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

The title alone is enough to let me know not to watch it. XD
Resized Image

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Can you guys...talk about something else? Because this is really stupid.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Legion1979 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:48 am Can you guys...talk about something else? Because this is really stupid.
You’re telling us in the cringe thread?
For Emperor and Empire!

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

There's members talking about things that are inherently cringey and then there's members having a long back and forth about monster gonads.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Legion1979 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:20 pm then there's members having a long back and forth about monster gonads.
The video is inherently cringe and there’s only been one guy here actually talking about monster parts.
Last edited by Voyager on Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

I don't understand getting in serious arguments/fights about these films. I don't understand the need to partake in such squabbles, it seems like it would prevent me from enjoying the fandom. I think on one hand there is reasonable debate and discussion, which I would argue is appropriate for any artistic medium. A healthy dose of ribbing is also appropriate, I think. But I don't understand why you would need to call people names, etc., over a film franchise. I see so many arguments on TK and elsewhere that just seem unnecessary. I come to talk about Godzilla online because I don't have anyone to talk to IRL that shares my passion for the franchise. It's been a niche franchise my whole life, lets be welcoming.

Moving on, Godzilla TY is objectively terrible for the most part. Does anyone actually make money off this? Half of it seems to either be regurgitating facts already published on places like TK or these awkward videos like the one mentioned above. It makes me wonder why I work for a living. I should probably just rip a bunch of stuff off the TK Cutting Room archives and paste it together as some super secret "Godzilla Iceberg" video and monetize it. Ugh. With that being said, I do enjoy figure reviews. I've also found the FB groups focused solely on collecting are full of awesome people.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Wow.

The Japanese guests coming to G-Fest this year have asked that the staff mandate a mask/vaccination requirement just in the autograph room for their safety. The staff is gladly obliging. And....people are actually bitching about it. Like, really??

Wow.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Its not like there is still a pandemic going on that America specifically was very poor at dealing with or anything. God, you have no idea how mad I would be if one of these dumbass American chuds kills some elderly Godzilla suit actor or director or producer or something with covid because of a fucking cloth mask. Jesus. Its really not that hard.