The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

The only eldritch abomination the franchise has is Anime Ghidorah, and that is it.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I find that most of the kaiju's motives can be explained by either food, territory, instinct, or being controlled. Kumonga, Gaira, and Dogora did everything they did because of hunger. Godzilla's various battles might be seen as defending his turf, as well as Megaguirus attacking Godzilla. Instinct caused Godzilla to seek out Minya in the Showa era, and then guided Godzilla Jr to return to his birth place. Kaiju have also been used as pawns by aliens and humans.
I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:18 pm The only eldritch abomination the franchise has is Anime Ghidorah, and that is it.

RIP Evan.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Bob Sherlock wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:26 pm The tide pods reference was cringy from GvK, I guess
I feel it still holds up due to the absolute stupidity of people nowadays.

Bob Sherlock
Yojimbo

Post by Bob Sherlock »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:17 pm
Bob Sherlock wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:26 pm The tide pods reference was cringy from GvK, I guess
Yeah, I guess so

Kaiju-Killer 751
Monsterland Worker

Post by Kaiju-Killer 751 »

Bob Sherlock wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:30 pm
Yeah, I guess so
Hey, I'm just glad none of the characters started flossing (nothing against Fortnite and I think the hate-dom it's gained is stupid, but god could you imagine the blowback from that?)

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Kaiju-Killer 751 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:59 am
Bob Sherlock wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:30 pm

Yeah, I guess so
Hey, I'm just glad none of the characters started flossing (nothing against Fortnite and I think the hate-dom it's gained is stupid, but god could you imagine the blowback from that?)
If I would have seen someone flossing in the damn movie I'd burn it. I would turn in my fan card quick.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

I just rediscovered a Godzilla fanfic I wrote when I was younger where Godzilla fights my incredibly original OC “Deathron” in a gory battle to the death (right after Anguirus heroically sacrificed himself), wins by decapitation, and then proceeds to initiate coitus with Mothra, among other omitted details.

Makes me want to stick a 10 gauge into my gullet and blast my head off. :dizzy:
Last edited by Jermobooka on Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Jermobooka wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:56 pm I just rediscovered a Godzilla fanfic I wrote when I was younger where Godzilla fights my incredibly original OC “Deathron” in a gory battle to the death (right after Anguirus heroically sacrificed himself), wins by decapitation, and then proceeds to initiate coitus with Mothra, among other omitted details.

This seems hilarious! It’s a shame I’ll never get to see it in all of it’s glory.
For Emperor and Empire!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Jermobooka wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:56 pm I just rediscovered a Godzilla fanfic I wrote when I was younger where Godzilla fights my incredibly original OC “Deathron” in a gory battle to the death (right after Anguirus heroically sacrificed himself), wins by decapitation, and then proceeds to initiate coitus with Mothra, among other omitted details.

Reminds me of some old "Godzilla vs." stories I made when I was a kid on my old desktop. I am...not proud of them, but thankfully they've been lost to history.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Speaking of stories, it’s deleted but I still remember, I used to have a fan fiction where Battra and Rodan fought for Mothra’s affection, only for them all to be slaughtered by, of course, Destoroyah.
For Emperor and Empire!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Voyager wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:24 pm Speaking of stories, it’s deleted but I still remember, I used to have a fan fiction where Battra and Rodan fought for Mothra’s affection, only for them all to be slaughtered by, of course, Destoroyah.
Batters and Rad dan fought for Mothras affection?

Uh, huh, I see.

And tell me, how much shrooms did you ingest by the time you thought of this portion of the story?

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

goji89 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:32 pm
Voyager wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:24 pm Speaking of stories, it’s deleted but I still remember, I used to have a fan fiction where Battra and Rodan fought for Mothra’s affection, only for them all to be slaughtered by, of course, Destoroyah.
Batters and Rad dan fought for Mothras affection?

Uh, huh, I see.

And tell me, how much shrooms did you ingest by the time you thought of this portion of the story?
I ain’t needed no shrooms to conjure this up, I was an energetic 11 year old deep in a cringe state.

“Batters” and “Rad Dan”. Damn, you’re one funny guy.
For Emperor and Empire!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Speaking of bad stories, i looked at my first K.W.C.E match today.. viewtopic.php?f=48&t=29366

Good lord is this thing bad. I don't call myself a great writer by any stretch of the word, but it's probably saying something when i can still say "literally ever written work i've made now is better than this by 10,0000 lightyears."

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Whelp, I got plenty of content for this bandwagon. Back in 2013, when I was a wee age of 11, I had started a number of Godzilla stories, based largely off of Godzilla 1998, Dinomaster, and Godzilla NEO. Truly, a recipe for disaster.
This was the poster that I fully expected to hype the shit out of whoever saw it. My ego at the time was MASSIVE. I thought I was creating FIRE CONTENT.
I'll show a few of my "best" redesigns. Here is Anguirus. I remember thinking that drawing the spikes was just too difficult.
Destoroyah was a new breed of utterly terrible. Not even Dinomaster could fuck up Destoroyah that badly.
About a yeah later I tried again with a moderately better skill level

And for some reason every kaiju has massive man titties.
Years later, we are closer but still well within cringe territory.
Only recently would I say my Godzilla stuff isnt cringe anymore.
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Voyager wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:40 pm I was an energetic 11 year old deep in a cringe state.
Executive Hamster wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:57 pm when I was a wee age of 11
O.k I'm seeing a pattern here..... we must stop every 11 yr old from creating anything ever. We must destroy them before they enter the cringe state we must protect the fandoms.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

what the actual

Added in 1 minute 53 seconds:
Executive Hamster wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:57 pm Image
Honestly, this looks better than what I draw. Not the best but passable.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

goji89 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:03 pm
Voyager wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:40 pm I was an energetic 11 year old deep in a cringe state.
Executive Hamster wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:57 pm when I was a wee age of 11
O.k I'm seeing a pattern here..... we must stop every 11 yr old from creating anything ever. We must destroy them before they enter the cringe state we must protect the fandoms.
It's not just 11 year olds. I will admit that at an age over 11 I had an idea; A woman is mutated into a kaiju, and then encounters another. They do not fight. They end up having a family. I never wrote it, however. We all get weird ideas sometimes.
I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Ooh, are we posting our own cringe, now? My turn! I posted this shit when I was about sixteen, too, so plenty old enough that I should've known better. :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10162
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Honestly, most of the fan-produced content out there tends to fall into the "cringe" category (even those created by adults). I think it's a difficult "vibe" to get right... a lot of people tend to take it too seriously or make it pretentious.