The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
goji89
Sazer

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by goji89 »

WTF did I just watch?

TK toons? The flying fuck is that?
When the fuck was this?
How the fuck did I miss it?
Why you fucks didn't tell me about it?
Who the fuck created it?
Isn't it Toho Kingdom Toons?
Is this fucking shiit supposed to be comedy?
Fuck?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Miles only started doing them again in the past month or so. Shadow of the Nebulans and Beast Buy are still my favorites, (TK Gabara is my spirit animal). The last few toons before he left oddly turned into nothing more than musical parodies of pop songs. That's when TK Toons started going downhill for me. They're called Totally Kaiju Toons now for obvious reasons.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Yeah I had no idea they were recently brought back to life, I was referring to them as though they were some era of a bygone era.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Huh. Didn't know they still existed.

Animation has improved since I last saw them.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I love the pairing of Gabara and Monster X. Whether it was Kaiju Kritics or something else, they made a good comedy team.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

I looked up "cute mothra" on images to find an adorable mothra to send to a special lady friend.

What I got was Mothra inflation.

My day is effectively ruined.

Just thought I'd share that with you all.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

DirektorSplennic wrote:I looked up "cute mothra" on images to find an adorable mothra to send to a special lady friend.

Thanks!

i hate it
Last edited by Gigantis on Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

I saw a group on Reddit trashing this place and its “bully” users for having a thread like this

Does that count as cringe or are we the cringe :lol:
Last edited by Stump Feet on Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Stump Feet wrote:I saw a group on Reddit trashing this place and its “bully” users for having a thread like this

Godzilla fans on Reddit are people who became fans because of the 2014 film coming out. Don't listen to them. :lol:

Added in 33 seconds:
tyrantgoji wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:I looked up "cute mothra" on images to find an adorable mothra to send to a special lady friend.

Thanks!

i hate it
I can post the picture here if you want :D

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

DirektorSplennic wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:

Thanks!

i hate it
I can post the picture here if you want :D
yeah how about no

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

YouTube comments on a KOTM blu ray feature saying how embarrassing a mistake it is, even worse then calling Ghidorah Ghidrah it is that messes up her whole performance that Vera Famiga says Godzilla breathes fire

RIP Evan.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:YouTube comments on a KOTM blu ray feature saying how embarrassing a mistake it is, even worse then calling Ghidorah Ghidrah it is that messes up her whole performance that Vera Famiga says Godzilla breathes fire
I mean, in Monsterverse is that even technically wrong? The G14 effect clearly made it a blue flame. Obviously the new version upped it.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:YouTube comments on a KOTM blu ray feature saying how embarrassing a mistake it is, even worse then calling Ghidorah Ghidrah it is that messes up her whole performance that Vera Famiga says Godzilla breathes fire
If the japs can call it "spitfire", there should be nothing wrong with "breathes fire".
Image Image

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Stump Feet wrote:I saw a group on Reddit trashing this place and its “bully” users for having a thread like this

This place has a bigger apathy problem. I've encountered more G fan bullies on YouTube.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

Pretty much most of the big kaiju fan film YouTubers like Kaijuzilla621 are cringe to me, his petty beef with that Luis guy is drawn out and beyond petty and I'm shocked more people don't dislike the guy like I do, I ain't denying his talents but as a person, dear lord he comes off as toxic and I try to avoid him and others like him like the plague. His buddy Nerfman is also full of mastodon excrement and isn't funny, just cringey and I'd rather watch A*P*E on repetition while strapped to a chair than to watch a millisecond of his videos.

The reddit theory about Minya being Godzilla 2014 that isn't trying to be ironic, way too many plotholes and it's just reaching for straws.

Fans who are still hateful over Zilla 98 and aren't happy that films like KOTM made up for it by actually respecting Godzilla and his lore.

The foot fetishists, it got worse in 2014 and in 2016 it didn't stop. First they complain 2014 had stumpy feet, then in 2016 they complain his feet are too big and then KOTM updates the 2014 design by giving him bigger feet and they STILL complained. I personally like the idea of Godzilla having stumpy sauropod/elephant feet because a good chunk of large land animals in real life have them.

People still arguing over King Kong vs Godzilla and who would win, etc. I worry it's gonna get worse when Godzilla vs Kong is released.

Those who legit insist that Godzilla vs Kong will flop and cancel the Monsterverse.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

AllosaurHell wrote:Fans who are still hateful over Zilla 98 and aren't happy that films like KOTM made up for it by actually respecting Godzilla and his lore.
I don't get this one. Are you saying fans should forgive the '98 movie because there have been two mostly faithful American Godzilla movies since?
Those who legit insist that Godzilla vs Kong will flop and cancel the Monsterverse.
What's cringey about this? I don't think it will "flop" but it could easily underperform and I'm not sure the Monsterverse would continue after that.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

AllosaurHell wrote: The foot fetishists, it got worse in 2014 and in 2016 it didn't stop. First they complain 2014 had stumpy feet, then in 2016 they complain his feet are too big and then KOTM updates the 2014 design by giving him bigger feet and they STILL complained. I personally like the idea of Godzilla having stumpy sauropod/elephant feet because a good chunk of large land animals in real life have them.
Um...
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

The screeching about "getting over" G98 always struck me as just G98 fanboys being upset that people continue to think the movie's trash.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Terasawa wrote:
AllosaurHell wrote:Fans who are still hateful over Zilla 98 and aren't happy that films like KOTM made up for it by actually respecting Godzilla and his lore.
I don't get this one. Are you saying fans should forgive the '98 movie because there have been two mostly faithful American Godzilla movies since?
I see where they are coming from. People do have the right to hate G'98 but at the same time we should move on since it's no longer the only U.S. Godzilla film anymore.

Though I said this a few pages ago and I'll say it again, it's annoying how a lot of reviews keep bringing it up. With G'2014 it made some sense cause it was the only other U.S. G film at the time, but then I saw G'98 get brought up for reviews in KOTM and it's like Jesus guys, can we actually compare it to the more relevant movies? The more recent ones? The ones that are in the same universe? The ones it's a sequel to?

Added in 1 minute 16 seconds:
Maritonic wrote:
AllosaurHell wrote: The foot fetishists, it got worse in 2014 and in 2016 it didn't stop. First they complain 2014 had stumpy feet, then in 2016 they complain his feet are too big and then KOTM updates the 2014 design by giving him bigger feet and they STILL complained. I personally like the idea of Godzilla having stumpy sauropod/elephant feet because a good chunk of large land animals in real life have them.
Um...
It was a thing. We had a weirdo posting pics of King Ghidorah licking the dragon queen's feet or whoever she was from Game of Thrones.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Living Corpse wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Um...
It was a thing. We had a weirdo posting pics of King Ghidorah licking the dragon queen's feet or whoever she was from Game of Thrones.
So, for starters, what the fuck.

Secondly, I don't think that's what he's referring to though. It sounds like he's referring to the "Feet Wars" bullshit.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.