Your Favorite Toho Monster Fight?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Pkmatrix
Futurian

Your Favorite Toho Monster Fight?

Post by Pkmatrix »

Of all Toho's Sci-Fi/Fantasy films, what was your favorite monster fight scene?

My favorite is Godzilla vs. Anguirus in Osaka, from Godzilla Raids Again. How about you? :)

(I apologize if there's already a thread for this - a brief search didn't bring one up.)

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Re: Your Favorite Toho Monster Fight?

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Probably King Kong vs Godzilla, final battle. Pretty vicious and epic, fitting for two of the most popular monsters in the world. Also would have to say the fights with the first Mechagodzilla as he is unleashing his arsenal. But then, that's less of a battle and more of a "running through fire" sort of deal, I guess.

Toxic Toast
Monsterland Worker

Post by Toxic Toast »

If I had to pick just one, I think I'd go with Godzilla & King Shisa vs. Mechagodzilla. It has plenty of savage physical violence to complement the ranged fire.
Mothra's promise: "As long as you remain friends of the the Earth, then Mothra will remain your ally."

Godzilla The King
Futurian

Post by Godzilla The King »

Mothra vs Godzilla, from,well, Mothra Vs Godzilla
CaptainStarbird wrote:
gigan72 wrote:MMMMM, HEISEI
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY
UNLIKE THOSE ANOREXIC SHOWA MODELS!
CaptainStarbird wrote: "Look under your chair for a gift, it's a bitchslap!"

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Some of these will be surprising but:
-Angurius vs Mechagodzilla(short but it has great music and I like to see other monsters fight, not just Godzilla).
-Any battle with Godzilla vs Rodan. Yes, this includes the Heisei fight, I liked that.
-Godzilla Junior vs Destroyah
-Godzilla vs Orga
-Godzilla vs Megaguirus
-Godzilla vs Baragon (GMK)

But while I love the fights they aren't the most important thing to me, but are a large factor. For instance Godzilla vs Hedorah is one of my favorite films but the fights in that film, with the exception of the sludgepit are a little lame.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

Godzilla vs Hedorah and Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster.
To me, those are the best fights in the whole franchise.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

ScootaVaran wrote:Godzilla vs Hedorah and Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster.
I hope you like Godzilla flailing his hands around while Hedorah just stands there staring at Godzilla menacingly.

I do give Godzilla vs Hedorah for being climactic though. The problem with fights like Son of Godzilla is the villain is built up as much so they're way involved.

Also I do love the final fight of Destroy all Monsters even it's a complete curbstomp fight and more monsters. Liked have been involved.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

In order by film.

Godzilla, Mothra, and Rodan vs Ghidorah
all Earth monsters vs Ghidorah
Godzilla and Anguirus vs Ghidorah and Gigan
Anguirus vs Mechagodzilla
Godzilla and King Seeser vs Mechagodzilla
Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla and Titanosaurus
Godzilla vs Biollante (evolved)
Godzilla vs Ghidorah
Godzilla vs Battra (larva)
Godzilla vs Rodan (93)
Godzilla vs Baragon

Honorable mention:
Sanda vs Gaira
Godzilla and Rodan vs Ghidorah on Planet X
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Oh yeah, Godzilla vs Titanosaurus and Mechagodzilla was really cool.
I actually like both Biollante fights, they're short but they're unique. The first Biollante was stationary so it was cool that Godzikka kept advancing slowly towards Biollanfe before being in range to blast her away.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Mechagodzilla vs King Ceasar

Frankenstein vs Baragon

Godzilla vs final form Biollante
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
ScootaVaran wrote:Godzilla vs Hedorah and Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster.
I hope you like Godzilla flailing his hands around while Hedorah just stands there staring at Godzilla menacingly.

I do give Godzilla vs Hedorah for being climactic though. The problem with fights like Son of Godzilla is the villain is built up as much so they're way involved.

Also I do love the final fight of Destroy all Monsters even it's a complete curbstomp fight and more monsters. Liked have been involved.
visually? no it wasn't too impressive. It was the idea behind it that I enjoyed. As you said, Climactic.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

Godzilla, Mothra and Rodan vs King Ghidorah
Godzilla vs Ebirah (Both fights)
Godzilla, Angurius, and Gorosaurus vs King Ghidorah
Godzilla vs Hedorah
Godzilla and Angurius vs Gigan and King Ghidorah
Godzilla and Jet Jaguar vs Gigan and Megalon
Godzilla and King Caesar vs Mechagodzilla
Angurius vs Mechagodzilla
Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla and Titanosaurus
Godzilla vs Biollante (Final Fight)
Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla (Final)
Godzilla vs Destroyah (Final)
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

gojira96
Monarch Researcher

Post by gojira96 »

King Kong vs Godzilla
Godzilla and King Caesar vs Mechagodzilla

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

The top three are:

Godzilla and King Cesaer vs MG
Godzilla vs Biollante 2cd form
Mothra vs Godzilla
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Mothra vs. Godzilla from same name. Classic, total classic.
Godzilla vs. Kamacuras, he doesn't usually get to fight mook monsters.
Gargantuas finale: Both guys are weakened but they just keep slugging it out, at least when Sandra is done trying to talk down his brother.
Godzilla vs. Hedorah. Long drawn out fight where Godzilla is clearly burned and tired. Also my first Godzilla movie so biased.
Godzilla vs. Titanosaurus and Mechagodzilla. Human action spliced in and helpful, a fight that shows Godzilla is outmatched when it's two on one.
Both Biollante battles. Sure this is the movie where beam spamming comes in but Biollante is mostly melee and both fights had 'wow!' moments.
Godzilla vs. Super Mechagodzilla. So this movie at least makes the beam spamming work. When Godzilla gets close enough to perform melee Mechagodzilla is truly helpless so it has to stay back as a huge platform.
Both Godzilla with Destroyah: very emotionally charged.
Megaguirius: A really fun fight with bits of humor and a sense Godzilla is having trouble.
Both GMK monster fights: The first with Baragon has lots of melee and feels old school. The second is a very story based fight where both monsters and military throw everything they have Godzilla who just seemingly wipes them out all in unison. Yeah drags a little but it ends with Godzilla blowing himself up because of a human driving down his throat, pretty wild.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

* Godzilla, Rodan, and Mothra Larva vs King Ghidorah: Manages to be both funny and awesome at the same time, switching around between slapstick and a pitched battle for the fate of the Earth flawlessly.
* Godzilla and Jet Jaguar vs Gigan and Megalon: What comes to mind when one hears the words “kaiju wrestling”.
* Godzilla vs Titanosaurus and Mechagodzilla II: Seeing Godzilla completely outmatched is rare, especially to the extent he is here. The perfect final battle for Showa Godzilla.
* Godzilla vs Plant Beast Biollante: Blood, beams, and buckets of acid, what’s not to love?
* Burning Godzilla vs Destoroyah: A brutal, emotionally charged showdown that mixes physicality and beams well.
* Godzilla vs Mothra and Ghidorah: Everything. Just, everything about this one.
* Godzilla and Mothra vs Monster X/Keizer Ghidorah and Gigan: Pure insanity from start to finish, and I love it the whole damn time.
* Godzilla vs MUTOs: A brutal and badass fight that shows off both sides in equally excellent manner.
* Kong vs Ramarak: The best kaiju fight where no beams get fired (and it kicks the shit out of most of those with beams). Just a knockdown, drag out melee brawl which starts at a hundred, ramps up from there, and ends on a gruesomely badass note.
* Battle of Boston: No other fight in the franchise captures the essence of genuine gods battling as well as this does, imo.
* Godzilla vs Kong & Godzilla and Kong vs Mechagodzilla: Do I even need to say anything? The former was everything I was hoping for out of the title fight, and the latter keeps up the amazing pace.
* SP Spoiler
Spoiler:
Jet Jaguar PP vs Godzilla Ultima: A very brief fight, but one that serves as a perfect emotional capstone to season 1 while also still being kickass on its own.
Honorable mentions
* Godzilla vs Super Mechagodzilla: It’s a great sequence, but it’s not really a fight, it’s just two curbstomps linked back to back.
* Armor Mothra vs Grand King Ghidorah: Again, not an actual fight, but goddamn do I love this scene. The villains of the first 2 ROM movies got demolished after Leo got a busted-ass power up, but here, it feels so much more earned and satisfying.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Godzilla vs MG2 and Titano.
For Emperor and Empire!

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Godzilla vs pretty much any MechaGodzilla. Mothra vs Godzilla 1964, vs Gigan and King Ghidorah, Vs King Ghidorah 1991, Destoroyah, King Ghidorah's Sprit Bomb-like attack in GMK, G vs KG 2019, vs Kong 2021.

Edit:

Godzilla vs Zilla 2004
1st fight vs the spaceship in G2K (underrated)

And if we're bringing Heisei Gamera into this....pretty much all of the fnal battles are top of the line.
Last edited by shadowgigan on Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

There’s a lot of fights throughout the franchise that I can’t really decide from, but I’m a huge sucker for Godzilla and Anguirus’ Osaka fight in Godzilla Raids Again.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

> Godzilla and Anguirus vs Gigan and King Ghidorah

> Godzilla vs Hedorah

> Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla 2 and Titanosaurus

> Godzilla vs Orga

> Godzilla vs Baragon

>Godzilla vs Ghidorah and Mothra

> Godzilla vs Kiryu

> Godzilla vs Kiryu (Tokyo SOS)

> Godzilla vs King Caesar, Anguirus, and Rodan

> Godzilla vs Monster X/Keizer Ghidorah

> Godzilla Ultima vs Jet Jaguar PP
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: