Godzilla/Kaiju "Theories"

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Re: Godzilla/Kaiju "Theories"

Post by LockBite »

Titanosaurus dies in ToMG because the force of the atomic breath ruptures his heart.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I always like to imagine that after the events of TOMG were done, Titanosaurus fate became an unsolved mystery in universe.

Tomzilla
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by Tomzilla »

I have a theory that Godzilla and his monstrous brethren are all giant humans wearing suits in disguise.
Monster Sightings Video: GHIDORAH | King of Terror!
“Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come.”

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Tomzilla wrote:I have a theory that Godzilla and his monstrous brethren are all giant humans wearing suits in disguise.
GET OUT
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

The reason for the multiple continuity issues and contradictions in the Godzilla canon is because Godzilla is a "film series" that is 60 years old and has been influenced and created by multiple different creators.

RIP Evan.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Not a fan theory, more like my head canon, but I like to imagine most versions of King Ghidorah where he is a space monster didn't evolve on a planet but in space, and he just hangs on random planets once in a while when taking a break from venturing into the cosmos.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

This theory is probably incorrect, but I like to think about it because I'm not a fan of Heisei Ghidorah's origin:

Heisei King Ghidorah was never under mind control- rather, he had the entire thing planned from the start. The Futurians created the Dorats from his DNA extracted from his body on Venus, and when they did so, Ghidorah transferred his soul to the Dorats and posessed them while leaving his old body behind, and began to slyly manipulate the Futurians to come up with the convoluted plot they did, all merely as a ruse for him to come back.

Skip to 1945, nuclear testing fuses the Dorats back into King Ghidorah, and his plan worked.

Ghidorah was never under the Futurians control, but was simply following along and tricking them all the while having his fun. And once he was finished defeating Godzilla, he was gonna turn on them next.

Oh, and how King Ghidorah ended up on Venus? You can thank Ultraman for that.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

ShinGojira14 wrote:This theory is probably incorrect, but I like to think about it because I'm not a fan of Heisei Ghidorah's origin:

Heisei King Ghidorah was never under mind control- rather, he had the entire thing planned from the start. The Futurians created the Dorats from his DNA extracted from his body on Venus, and when they did so, Ghidorah transferred his soul to the Dorats and posessed them while leaving his old body behind, and began to slyly manipulate the Futurians to come up with the convoluted plot they did, all merely as a ruse for him to come back.

Skip to 1945, nuclear testing fuses the Dorats back into King Ghidorah, and his plan worked.

Ghidorah was never under the Futurians control, but was simply following along and tricking them all the while having his fun. And once he was finished defeating Godzilla, he was gonna turn on them next.

Oh, and how King Ghidorah ended up on Venus? You can thank Ultraman for that.
And because KG is a godawful strategist his plan failed.
For Emperor and Empire!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

A little headcanon, I like to think that both times Gamera stopped a Legion Flower from launching a seed into space he saved other planets with life from their own Legion invasion and they are clueless. And there's actual evidence for this. Legion come from space so proof there is life on other worlds, and they Legion launched a seed at Earth hence how we have them invading Earth.

And in Gamera 3 they did have a theory the Legion were drawn to Japan because of Mana which Gamera feeds off of, so the Legion possibly track planets with life via the planet's Mana, and either use it as an energy source or kill the dominate lifeform that has the most Mana as it's the biggest threat.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

The real King Ghidorah in the Heisei era is still alive. The Futurians just found some of his DNA and used it to make the Dorats, who in turn became a false Ghidorah.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Gigantis wrote:The real King Ghidorah in the Heisei era is still alive. The Futurians just found some of his DNA and used it to make the Dorats, who in turn became a false Ghidorah.
A showa-esque King Ghidorah is the real one.

List of Stupid Fan Theories about the MonsterVerse

This gave me a laugh and I thought, "Hey, this would be good on the theories thread".
For Emperor and Empire!

Eel221
GPN Volunteer

Post by Eel221 »

Mothra's eggs grow over time, thus explaining how such a (relatively) small moth laid a much bigger egg.

The Manda in DAM was a young specimen, that's why it had no horns or whiskers.
Last edited by Eel221 on Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

The Godzilla species has the ability to manipulate their physical appearance. This is shown by Showa Goji (55-99) and Heisei Goji (84-96).

All King Ghidorah's (barring GMK and kinda Heisei) come from the same place. I think that it's a place of dark energy in the center of the multiverse, and from all the evil in the multiverse, these Ghidorahs are born. Also, every one of these Ghidorahs has the ability to perform inter-dimensional travel, hence why they appear in different timelines.

Why did I kinda bar Heisei KG? For the same reason Gigantis proposed. It's a clone of an extra-terrestrial KG.
Last edited by Voyager on Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

shinJoshoctober16 wrote:here is a Theory
Godzilla is a living strange matter monster.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Eel221 wrote:Mothra's eggs grow over time, thus explaining how such a (relatively) small moth laid a much bigger egg.

Not only that, Manda in DAM also had no mane or ridge of spines along its back (I forget, did it have cat-like eyes or not?).

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

mikelcho wrote:
Eel221 wrote:Mothra's eggs grow over time, thus explaining how such a (relatively) small moth laid a much bigger egg.

Not only that, Manda in DAM also had no mane or ridge of spines along its back (I forget, did it have cat-like eyes or not?).
I think DAM Manda had circular eyes.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

DirektorSplennic wrote:
mikelcho wrote:

Check the Bandai figure.
For Emperor and Empire!

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

VoyagerGoji wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:
mikelcho wrote:Not only that, Manda in DAM also had no mane or ridge of spines along its back (I forget, did it have cat-like eyes or not?).
Check the Bandai figure.
DAM Manda doesn't have a Bandai figure

EDIT: Just checked the X Plus and he has curcular eyes. You're probably thinking about the Y-MSF figure which isn't accurate.
Last edited by DirektorSplennic on Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

DirektorSplennic wrote:
VoyagerGoji wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote: I think DAM Manda had circular eyes.
Check the Bandai figure.
DAM Manda doesn't have a Bandai figure

EDIT: Just checked the X Plus and he has curcular eyes. You're probably thinking about the Y-MSF figure which isn't accurate.
Yeah, i was thinking about the Y-MSF figure.
For Emperor and Empire!

Stefanos of Levanon
Monarch Researcher

Post by Stefanos of Levanon »

There are three Showa Godzillas:
Raids again-Destroy all Monsters
Adult Minilla (Vs. Megalon-Terror of Mechagodzilla, including Zonefighter.)

The Godzilla of the future in Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah is actually Adult Junior.