List of Toho/Other Kaiju films on Online services

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Re: List of Toho/Other Kaiju films on Online services

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:YouTube might have some of them but I haven't really checked.
I mean, maybe, but I kind of doubt it. And even if they do, they'll likely be incomplete, of poor quality and have a likelihood of being taken down. I just laid out all of your options to 'ya. Alternatively, you could probably just torrent all of it if you're short on cash or whatever.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

You can still legally stream on YouTube all the former Classic Media American versions that Toho won't allow Criterion to release.
Last edited by Tamura on Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Toei's international tokusatsu co-production Terror Beneath the Sea is available on ShoutFactoryTV.

Link.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

Here's all the kaiju/giant monster movies I found on Amazon Prime UK.

Godzilla (54)
X the Unknown
Varan The Unbelievable
Behemoth The Sea Monster
Warning From Space
Mothra
Gorgo
Jack The Giant Killer (62)
Dogora
Gammera The Invincible
Destroy All Planets
Space Amoebe
Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla
Terror of Mechagodzilla
Super Inframan
King Kong (76)
Yeti - Giant of the 20th century
Godzilla (98)
Eight Legged Freaks
King Kong (05)
King Of The Lost World
Komobo vs. Cobra
Mega Shark Versus Crocosaurus
The Giant Spider
Jack The Giant slayer
Jack The Giant Killer (13)
Pacific Rim
Godzilla (14)
Mega Shark Versus Mecha Shark
Poseidon Rex
Mega Shark vs. Kolossus
Shin Godzilla
Sharktopus vs. Pteracuda
Kong: Skull Island
The Meg
Pacific Rim: Uprising
Rampage
Godzilla King Of The Monsters (19)Warning
Monster Island

Added in 1 month 11 days 35 minutes 33 seconds:
King Kong Vs Godzilla , Ghidorah The Three Headed Monster under the title of The King Ghidorah, Mothra and Rodan are up Amazon Prime. I think that same people who put up the Mechagodzilla films are behind this.
Last edited by kingkevzilla88 on Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

Kaiju Conline (the online version of Kaiju con which was cancelled due to COVID) has been streaming movies since Thursday. Everything is through DKU-TV: Daikaiju Television (https://daikaiju.tv/). They already showed some rare ones like Daigoro Vs Goliath, but Sunday is going to be the Godzilla streaming day. Right now (saturday) is a Ultraman marathon. I streamed part of Gamera 2 yesterday to see and it looks like everything is subtitled.

Heres the program link: http://kaijuconline.com/programming-video-streams/
Godzilla & Gamera High Grade (gashapon) collector.
Looking for: spare High Grade insert papers (various sets)

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

List of kaiju films i could find on Amazon Prime AU.

Godzilla (14)
Godzilla: King of the Monsters (19)
Shin Godzilla
Gorgo
Behemoth the Sea Monster
For Emperor and Empire!

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Wikizilla has a big video covering Toho and... just about everything else.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Amazon Video (US)'s selection is becoming pretty danged impressive. I'm about to watch Atragon for the first time on there. :D

EDIT: I did not, in fact, end up watching Atragon. The picture quality is absolute trash. I'm not super picky about that kind of thing, especially with old movies like these, but it was distractingly bad in this case.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

DaimosZ
Ronin

Post by DaimosZ »

on a random note, FandangoNOW has Voyage into Space for Rent/Digital Download, marking the only official release of the movie since the 8MM release in the 70's. They might have other odds and ends I'd have to check.

Challenger007
Ronin

Post by Challenger007 »

JAGzilla wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:06 pm Amazon Video (US)'s selection is becoming pretty danged impressive. I'm about to watch Atragon for the first time on there. :D

EDIT: I did not, in fact, end up watching Atragon. The picture quality is absolute trash. I'm not super picky about that kind of thing, especially with old movies like these, but it was distractingly bad in this case.
Old films have their own charm, although I agree, in many the picture is just awful today. But this is also due to the fact that we are spoiled by computer graphics and amazing special effects.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Challenger007 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:53 am
JAGzilla wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:06 pm Amazon Video (US)'s selection is becoming pretty danged impressive. I'm about to watch Atragon for the first time on there. :D

Old films have their own charm, although I agree, in many the picture is just awful today. But this is also due to the fact that we are spoiled by computer graphics and amazing special effects.
I think these are separate things. Old movies don't look bad on video because they were made with now-dated special effects. The ones that do look bad are often a victim of bad or outdated video transfers, which was the case for Amazon Video's unlicensed upload of Atragon. Whatever your opinion of the film's special effects and aesthetic qualities may be, there's no reason why a modern transfer of Atragon from the best extant film elements wouldn't look as impressive as many recent films.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Terasawa wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:23 am
Challenger007 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:53 am

I think these are separate things. Old movies don't look bad on video because they were made with now-dated special effects. The ones that do look bad are often a victim of bad or outdated video transfers, which was the case for Amazon Video's unlicensed upload of Atragon. Whatever your opinion of the film's special effects and aesthetic qualities may be, there's no reason why a modern transfer of Atragon from the best extant film elements wouldn't look as impressive as many recent films.
Exactly. Age itself is not the issue. I've watched movies thirty+ years older than Atragon that look perfectly fine, because they had high-quality transfers.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

EvaGhidorah01
Monsterland Worker

Post by EvaGhidorah01 »

VoyagerGoji wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:09 pm List of kaiju films i could find on Amazon Prime AU.

Godzilla (14)
Godzilla: King of the Monsters (19)
Shin Godzilla
Gorgo
Behemoth the Sea Monster
Varan the Unbelievable
The Giant Gila Monster (Colourised, apparently)
Super Inframan
The Might Peking Man
Yeti Giant of the 20th Century
The Naked Monster
Notzilla

For other tokusatsu, there is also Kamen Rider Amazons Season 1 and 2 under the name Amazon Riders
"Take that you dinosaur!" - Major Spielberg

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

Forgive me if this has been discussed before, but do we know why All Monsters Attack is not on HBO Max with the rest of the Showa series? King Kong vs. Godzilla I understand because of all the licensing troubles. But I would have figured All Monsters Attack wouldn't be any more of hassle than the anything else that Criterion released, or and of the other films Classic Media released back in the day.
Last edited by GalacticPetey on Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

Tapkaara
Monarch Researcher

Post by Tapkaara »

I am one of the organizers of Kaiju Masterclass II and I just wanted to take a moment to plug our kaiju-themed online event, which is taking place on November 5, 6, and 7.

Our event, which is led by genre historian Steve Ryfle, takes a deep dive into the world of kaiju filmmaking by presenting panels with filmmakers and genre researchers.

One of our orgainzers, Patrick Galvan, recently wrote a piece about Kaju Masterclass II here on Toho Kingdom. Click this link for more info: https://www.tohokingdom.com/blog/news-k ... n-returns/

Among the guests that we'll get to hear from this year is the director/screenwriter Kazuki Omori, suit actor Tsutomu Kitagawa, suit maker Fuyuki Shinada, actress Linda Haynes, and Godzilla '84 composer Reijiro Koroku.

A full list of guests can be seen at our website www.kaijumasterclass.com.

This event is FREE and will be streaming on YouTube on our Kaiju Masterclass channel. If you are a fan of kaiju films and enjoy learning about them, Kaiju Masterclass II is for YOU!
"Music should never show disdain for its audience."
- Akira Ifukube
My website, the OFFICIAL English language website about Akira Ifukube: http://www.akiraifukube.org

B34sT
Interpol Agent

Post by B34sT »

Just noticed that All Monsters Attack is finally on HBOMax. Not sure when this happened but cool to finally see it on. If only we could get KKvG so we could get the full shows series

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but several of the Janus-owned Godzilla movies are streaming for free with ads on Youtube via Shout! Factory.

Godzilla Raids Again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4JuX6_ ... TubeMovies

Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2meI5y ... TubeMovies

Destroy All Monsters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h_EeSg ... TubeMovies

Godzilla vs. Hedorah: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-ysIRv ... TubeMovies

Godzilla vs. Gigan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQVNVPA ... TubeMovies

Unsurprisingly, all are subtitled sans DAM, which has the Frontier dub.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

kingkevzilla88 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:36 am Here's all the kaiju/giant monster movies I found on Amazon Prime UK.

Godzilla (54)
X the Unknown
Varan The Unbelievable
Behemoth The Sea Monster
Warning From Space
Mothra
Gorgo
Jack The Giant Killer (62)
Dogora
Gammera The Invincible
Destroy All Planets
Space Amoebe
Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla
Terror of Mechagodzilla
Super Inframan
King Kong (76)
Yeti - Giant of the 20th century
Godzilla (98)
Eight Legged Freaks
King Kong (05)
King Of The Lost World
Komobo vs. Cobra
Mega Shark Versus Crocosaurus
The Giant Spider
Jack The Giant slayer
Jack The Giant Killer (13)
Pacific Rim
Godzilla (14)
Mega Shark Versus Mecha Shark
Poseidon Rex
Mega Shark vs. Kolossus
Shin Godzilla
Sharktopus vs. Pteracuda
Kong: Skull Island
The Meg
Pacific Rim: Uprising
Rampage
Godzilla King Of The Monsters (19)Warning
Monster Island

Added in 1 month 11 days 35 minutes 33 seconds:
King Kong Vs Godzilla , Ghidorah The Three Headed Monster under the title of The King Ghidorah, Mothra and Rodan are up Amazon Prime. I think that same people who put up the Mechagodzilla films are behind this.
Why did you put warning after GKOTM 2019? :godzilla2021blue:

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

DaimosZ wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:56 pm on a random note, FandangoNOW has Voyage into Space for Rent/Digital Download, marking the only official release of the movie since the 8MM release in the 70's. They might have other odds and ends I'd have to check.
There's an original official release of this TV film, namely the limited edition Blu-ray from Scorpion Releasing/Ronin Flix released a little while ago that was only available for sale online and only made over 1,800 copies before it was sold out.

SpiderZilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by SpiderZilla »

YouTube has several licensed Toho films available to watch free with ads.

It has Showa films distributed by Shout Factory:

Godzilla, The Uncut Japanese Original
Godzilla, King of the Monsters
Godzilla Raids Again
Rodan
Mothra vs Godzilla
Ghidorah, The Three-Headed Monster
Invasion of Astro-Monster
War of the Gargantuas
Ebirah, Horror of the Deep
Son of Godzilla
Destroy All Monsters
All Monsters Attack
Godzilla vs Hedorah
Godzilla vs Gigan
Godzilla vs Megalon
Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla
Terror of MechaGodzilla

It also has two Millennium films distributed by Sony Pictures which you can choose to watch free with ads or rent/buy without ads:

Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack
Godzilla: Final Wars

There are several more Godzilla/kaiju films that you can rent or buy on YouTube but those offerings are not unique to YouTube so I won’t list them.