Favourite Mechagodzilla Origin?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”

What is your favourite Mechagodzilla Origin?

Alien Doppelgänger
63%
Anti-Godzilla Human Superweapon
17%
Built around the bones of the OG Godzilla
13%
Alien Nanometal
No votes
Human Invention Possessed by an Evil Force.
7%

Total votes: 30

Voyager
Keizer

Re: Favourite Mechagodzilla Origin?

Post by Voyager »

edgaguirus wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:55 pm
godjacob wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:18 pm
Voyager wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:08 pm

Look here, I’m not saying the aliens are smart :lol:

But they did give us the best MG design. Twice.
Eh, design is subjective. Showa MG is great because it has a mean streak even if it technically lacks a personality, but I don't like how dull its metal looks and those fingers being locked in place really bug me.

I think Kiryu strikes the ideal balance between the more sleek metal of Heisei MG and Showa MG's more expressive design.
Kiryu gives us a better fighter in MG. It can do physical combat and spam beams and missiles.

It strikes me that Showa and Heisei MG were designed as walking tanks. They're meant to blast kaiju to pieces with a massive barrage of weapons. At a distance, Both MG are brutal and effective, but up close they're at a disadvantage.

I think I like the ‘walking tank’ Mechagodzillas more than non-tanks.
For Emperor and Empire!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Voyager wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:01 am
edgaguirus wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:55 pm
godjacob wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:18 pm

Eh, design is subjective. Showa MG is great because it has a mean streak even if it technically lacks a personality, but I don't like how dull its metal looks and those fingers being locked in place really bug me.

I think Kiryu strikes the ideal balance between the more sleek metal of Heisei MG and Showa MG's more expressive design.
Kiryu gives us a better fighter in MG. It can do physical combat and spam beams and missiles.

It strikes me that Showa and Heisei MG were designed as walking tanks. They're meant to blast kaiju to pieces with a massive barrage of weapons. At a distance, Both MG are brutal and effective, but up close they're at a disadvantage.

I think I like the ‘walking tank’ Mechagodzillas more than non-tanks.
Heisei Mechagodzilla is the most "tank" Mechagodzilla we've had and by god is it boring. The poster child for Heisei beam spammer with literally zero melee options. So a Mechgodzilla with some combat variety I infinitely prefer.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

The best origin for Mechagodzilla is the never-realized idea for the biomechanical alien lifeform in Godzilla vs Berserk.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

The concept of an MG that's an independent being instead of a weapon made by aliens or man is one that should be explored. I like MG as an alien construction, but this idea is interesting.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Extreme Warhawk
GPN Volunteer

Post by Extreme Warhawk »

Mechagodzilla always has cool origins