Mechagodzilla paint job

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”

Mechagodzilla paint job

Yes
62%
No
38%

Total votes: 13

Masterofsome01
Samurai

Mechagodzilla paint job

Post by Masterofsome01 »

MechaG has had the same silver color palette for every. single. version. I honestly feel that the next iteration of the iconic mech should have visual flair to it, nothing too crazy maybe just a few pieces of armor plating tinted red or something or if a military built weapon a camo aesthetic

Do you thing Mechagodzilla could use a paint job? If so what would you like to see?

Voyager
Keizer

Re: Mechagodzilla paint job

Post by Voyager »

Red white and blue :mrgreen:
For Emperor and Empire!

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Voyager wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:37 pm Red white and blue :mrgreen:
Yes, the iconic colors of the Australian flag. Sounds good to me!
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Some of the concept art for Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla 2 gave him a red and even a green color pallet, and Kiryu was originally supposed to be bone yellow. It's obvious Toho experimented with the idea in the pass so.. why not do it?

It wouldn't be the weirdest thing they've done with their monsters recently. :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Most people don't seem to notice it on film but the original MG costume had splashes of metallic color on it to represent space titanium.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Legion1979 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:34 am Most people don't seem to notice it on film but the original MG costume had splashes of metallic color on it to represent space titanium.
It's most notable in the scene where you first see him docked inside the alien's base, shortly after the refinery battle. He has this multi-hued, burnt metal look.

Anyway, I wouldn't be opposed to MG having a different color scheme. I think black or charcoal grey would be neat, so it matches Godzilla's skin. There's one concept for the 1993 film that has him colored bright red with white accents. I'd be lying if I said it didn't pop. There was another of the same design but with a military olive green with red accents.

Some of the techno-organic Kiryu concepts had him colored anything from a blue-silver to bone white with maroon fleshy parts.
Last edited by Breakdown on Fri May 27, 2022 8:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 5:01 am
Yes, the iconic colors of the Australian flag. Sounds good to me!
That was actually half the idea! I was thinking the Union Jack and I suppose yes, my flag does have the Union Jack!
For Emperor and Empire!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Singular Point MechaGodzilla should be painted black.

Black MechaGodzilla. Make it happen.

Added in 1 minute 43 seconds:
The colors of the American flag would immediately sell to everyone that MechaGodzilla is an evil, fascist piece of shit.
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Fri May 27, 2022 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I agree with everyone that says Black Mecha Godzilla. It's a unique coloration for a Godzilla Monster (Ghidorah's gold, Mothra's butterfly patterns, Gigan's blues and yellows), and would actually make MG resemble Godzilla more.

Btw, here's what Legion and others are talking about in regards to "splashes of color":

I honestly wouldn't mind something like that, making a reappearance. A rusted MG would be cool.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

You know, I look at that MG photo and I seriously question what some companies (like, specifically, X-Plus) are doing when they do a 1974 Mechagodzila but go overboard with the creases, wrinkles and wear.

Uh, wrong film, guys.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Legion1979 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 5:58 pm You know, I look at that MG photo and I seriously question what some companies (like, specifically, X-Plus) are doing when they do a 1974 Mechagodzila but go overboard with the creases, wrinkles and wear.

Uh, wrong film, guys.
Agreed. Also, the space titanium look would be a sick ric paint job I think.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 4:55 pm
The colors of the American flag would immediately sell to everyone that MechaGodzilla is an evil, fascist piece of shit.

Remind me to never bring up anything ever. American, British, Australian? Nope, never.

Anyways… Gold and Blue MG ftw. Gimme that Egyptian MG.
For Emperor and Empire!

Masterofsome01
Samurai

Post by Masterofsome01 »

Voyager wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:37 pm Anyways… Gold and Blue MG ftw.
Now you might be on to something there, cause that so sounds rad as hell!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

The Eva-Kiryus also give us some insight that it's indeed possible:

Flags and country colors are generally something Toho/Legendary will probably avoid, but I could see a Red/White/and Blue paint job on MG, working well, regardless if it's explicitly connected to MG or not.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Fri May 27, 2022 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

We've had a black-colored Mechagodzilla, it's called... well, Black Mechagodzilla.

I've always enjoyed the idea of a military green MG, such as some of the concept ones for MG1993. Still, if MG remained metallic silver forever, I guess I wouldn't really complain so long as the base design looks good.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

The Eva-Kiryu looks nice, though I could also see MG in a metallic blue or dark green.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I think a gold MG would be kinda dope. Maybe with accents of brass, bronze, and copper.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983