The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Post Reply
Thatguy4683
G-Grasper
Posts: 1436
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:46 pm
Location: In Hell

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I’m very surprised that no one has ever mentioned Moonhidora once not just in this thread but in the entire site.
Who moonhidora you ask. It’s basically a female Ghidorah OC that is white and has golden horns. It was pretty much made it to be Ship with MV Ghidorah. What’s a little interesting that there’s actually quite a few fanart of this OC, I thought she might’ve been well known in this site turns out nobody has ever mentioned her name like at all.
Image
:godzilla2021blue: :shingodzillapurple:

User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 10638
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Just looks like someone having fun making decent fan-art to me^
Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

Legion1979
Sazer
Posts: 12272
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:45 pm

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Legion1979 »

I think the cringe part is that this thing was created in order to ship it with Ghidorah.

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 16811
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by UltramanGoji »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:01 am I’m very surprised that no one has ever mentioned Moonhidora once not just in this thread but in the entire site.
Why would that surprise you? Not everyone cares about that side of the fandom.
Image

User avatar
Desghidorah
G-Grasper
Posts: 1319
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:06 am

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Desghidorah »

Mostly because I see this as entirely harmless and just someone having fun. It's not even got cringe in the art style or lack of effort, this is a decent enough design IMHO and effort was put into it. Usually I define cringe as either

A. Lack of effort on the part of the creator
B. Lack of tact on the part of the person
C. Both

This doesn't fit the categories so I'm entirely neutral.
Image

User avatar
Voyager
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 5578
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:34 pm
Location: Fulda Gap

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Voyager »

Desghidorah wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:32 pm Mostly because I see this as entirely harmless and just someone having fun. It's not even got cringe in the art style or lack of effort, this is a decent enough design IMHO and effort was put into it. Usually I define cringe as either

A. Lack of effort on the part of the creator
B. Lack of tact on the part of the person
C. Both

This doesn't fit the categories so I'm entirely neutral.
I think it was placed here for the shipping aspect.
Showa, Queen ‘n Jesus. That’s all I need.

edgaguirus
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 6965
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:25 pm

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by edgaguirus »

That does seem the reason, but more disturbing art had been posted here. The art itself is well done, and, thankfully, has no context to the shipping aspect of the character.
Walk this way...This way.

Remember this, Dr. Glendon, the werewolf instinctively seeks to kill the thing it loves best.

User avatar
Executive Hamster
G-Force Personnel
Posts: 865
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:12 am
Location: Jacksonville
Contact:

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Executive Hamster »

Im going to be the one to say I personally do find the art kinda cringe, if only because the artstyle reminds me a lot of brony cringelords. I guess its ultimately harmless, there are worse things than shipping characters.

User avatar
Voyager
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 5578
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:34 pm
Location: Fulda Gap

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Voyager »

Executive Hamster wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:17 am Im going to be the one to say I personally do find the art kinda cringe, if only because the artstyle reminds me a lot of brony cringelords. I guess its ultimately harmless, there are worse things than shipping characters.
Kinda what I was thinking, but I wouldn’t anger the bronies, they have dirt on everyone!

Added in 1 hour 22 minutes 34 seconds:
Something we can agree on, Haruo Sakaki. He is a cringey excuse for an MC.
Showa, Queen ‘n Jesus. That’s all I need.

User avatar
Spuro
Keizer
Posts: 8831
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:34 pm
Location: Monster Island

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Spuro »

Voyager wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:04 am Something we can agree on, Haruo Sakaki. He is a cringey excuse for an MC.
:o :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

YOU BASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRD!!!!!!
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

User avatar
Kiryu2012
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 7294
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:31 pm
Location: Here, there, anywhere!
Contact:

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:01 am I’m very surprised that no one has ever mentioned Moonhidora once not just in this thread but in the entire site.
Who moonhidora you ask. It’s basically a female Ghidorah OC that is white and has golden horns. It was pretty much made it to be Ship with MV Ghidorah. What’s a little interesting that there’s actually quite a few fanart of this OC, I thought she might’ve been well known in this site turns out nobody has ever mentioned her name like at all.
Image
Speaking as somebody who follows that artist on DA, I wanna say I fail to see the reason for why this is cringe. It's a neat design and OC, and that artist makes some great work. What exactly is the issue here?
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy poop man.
My DA

Thatguy4683
G-Grasper
Posts: 1436
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:46 pm
Location: In Hell

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Thatguy4683 »

OK usually I’m not the one who makes fun and mocks other people for having their own opinion, but I find the people who deny that Godzilla won, and said Kong wasn’t at his full strength are completely stupid and no smarter than a flat earther. There is no indication that Kong wasn’t using his full strength, in fact the film out right show us that he was using his full potential.
:godzilla2021blue: :shingodzillapurple:

Legion1979
Sazer
Posts: 12272
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:45 pm

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Legion1979 »

See this is my issue with Godzilla fandom. Is it silly that some people deny that Godzilla "won"? Sure, why not. But don't get bent out of shape over it the point where you say they're as stupid as a science denier. It's just a movie.

User avatar
Executive Hamster
G-Force Personnel
Posts: 865
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:12 am
Location: Jacksonville
Contact:

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Executive Hamster »

This person who was asking why people hate the mechagodzilla design from GvK (which mind you, I DON'T hate and say as much in my comment)
Image

Thatguy4683
G-Grasper
Posts: 1436
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:46 pm
Location: In Hell

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Legion1979 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:46 pm See this is my issue with Godzilla fandom. Is it silly that some people deny that Godzilla "won"? Sure, why not. But don't get bent out of shape over it the point where you say they're as stupid as a science denier. It's just a movie.
Yeah you’re right, I let my anger get the best of me. I always take things too personal and it’s like I have to say something about it to make me feel better.
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:godzilla2021blue: :shingodzillapurple:

User avatar
JAGzilla
Keizer
Posts: 9486
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:45 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by JAGzilla »

And while we're at it, calling science deniers stupid is probably a bad idea, too. Some are, sure, but so are plenty of scientists. Many are just misguided or misinformed, and you're not likely to change many minds by spewing insults. Anyway, assuming that modern science is always right and holds all the answers is no more correct than the flat earth theory. Science gets things wildly wrong every day. We all need to keep an open mind and try to understand alternative points of view rather than attacking them.

OT: Yeah, but the Kong Won crowd does seem to have watched a different movie than I did.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

User avatar
Voyager
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 5578
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:34 pm
Location: Fulda Gap

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Voyager »

Executive Hamster wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:11 pm This person who was asking why people hate the mechagodzilla design from GvK (which mind you, I DON'T hate and say as much in my comment)
Image
Gee, not to good, huh. I use twitter but I ain’t ever seen such an avant Godzilla fanbase on it, let alone fans that turn everything into an argument.
Showa, Queen ‘n Jesus. That’s all I need.

User avatar
gottatalktothefake
EDF Instructor
Posts: 2986
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:49 am
Location: Isla Nublar, 120 miles West of Costa Rica

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Gman stop crying and tweeting when someone has a different opinion than you challenge (impossible)
Image

:godzilla2021: :godzilla2021blue:

User avatar
Thegarbagemonster
Gotengo Officer
Posts: 1710
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:16 am
Location: England in a junk yard

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

I've seen the design get lots of hate too, but they almost never give me actual reasons for it, they just bring up the fact he got stalled by spilling alcohol on the controls. It's fair not to like the design, but that's NOT a reason or even related to the design??
Last edited by Thegarbagemonster on Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
Executive Hamster
G-Force Personnel
Posts: 865
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:12 am
Location: Jacksonville
Contact:

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Executive Hamster »

I tried to explain to him that its not a BAD design, its just far worse than the other three theatrical mecha godzillas. And thats ok because they all have great designs (yes, even Heisei Mechagodzilla). I originally said it looked like a Bayformer, but I soon realized that that was just flat out wrong. I actually quite like everything about the design except for how lanky it is. I wish it had shorter arms and was a bit stockier. Those are my only real issues with it. Thats actually why I prefer the MMS figure, since its a bit stockier than the real deal was, if only by a little.

Post Reply