Favorite times Godzilla lost his s***?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Favorite times Godzilla lost his s***?

Post by ShinGojira14 »

The Godzilla franchise is full of nigh-countless iconic moments for many different reasons and purposes, and will continue to be for decades to come. Some are specific Kaiju battles that remain etched in our memory, some are memorable quotes from equally memorable characters—but sometimes our favorite moments in this franchise come from scenes where Godzilla himself goes absolutely bat-sh*t crazy on his adversaries, human and Kaiju alike.

What are your personal favorite moments where the Big G got fed up and absolutely lost his shit on someone?

My personal top three:

"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Voyager
Keizer

Re: Favorite times Godzilla lost his s***?

Post by Voyager »

When Showa goes apeshit on Mechagodzilla 2 at the climax of ToMG. Like, he just goes ham with a flurry of punches.
For Emperor and Empire!

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Voyager wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:25 pm When Showa goes apeshit on Mechagodzilla 2 at the climax of ToMG. Like, he just goes ham with a flurry of punches.
Hell yeah, that's one of my favorite moments from the Showa series.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Yeah Godzilla literally crawling to claw at Kong and stomp his shit in was fantastic. Made Godzilla come off as a terror, like a switch flipped and he went "alright enough of this it ends now!" and was great to watch.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Voyager wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:25 pm When Showa goes apeshit on Mechagodzilla 2 at the climax of ToMG. Like, he just goes ham with a flurry of punches.
I love that scene.

The end of Godzilla vs Hedorah also bears mentioning, when Godzilla’s furiously ripping apart Hedorah’s corpse to cheerful music.
Last edited by Spuro on Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

In no particular order there's the scene mentioned above in G vs Hedorah. Godzilla tears into his enemy and makes sure that Hedorah is killed for good. The scene in Shin Godzilla is also a good one. He destroys half a city by standing still. My favorite moment when Godzilla really lashes out is when he destroys MGII. He blasts that robot without mercy, and keeps on hitting it hard even when it's down.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Dynomy-DX
Interpol Agent

Post by Dynomy-DX »

godjacob wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:46 pm Yeah Godzilla literally crawling to claw at Kong and stomp his poop in was fantastic. Made Godzilla come off as a terror, like a switch flipped and he went "alright enough of this it ends now!" and was great to watch.
Agreed. Through the MV movies we’ve seen Godzilla fight more like a grappler, usually staying firm on two feet and handling his opponents with expertise. The MUTO, Ghidorah, he’s fought them all fair and square. Then comes Kong. Kong, the guy who’s using an axe meant to slay his kind, challenged him for the throne, and has been dodging literally every attack Godzilla’s been pulling. With the exception of the occasional grapple, Godzilla doesn’t have a lot of good ways to get the leg up on Kong.

Then? He just friggin snaps.

His strategy shifts from grappler to berserker rushdown as he just PUMMELS Kong in. He dislocated his shoulder, clawed him like there was no tomorrow, and left him on the doors of death had it not been for the HEAV. Godzilla’s never been pushed to this level of annoyance and anger. He just went for blood and it shows. The comparison I’ve heard the most from this, was “It’s like you and your big brother are play fighting, but then you actually hurt him and he starts getting serious.” And… Yeah. That feels pretty apt here.
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Godzilla unleashing his red atomic ray on Mechagodzilla in Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Godzilla popping off Mechagodzilla's missiles and initiating his magnetism.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

The 25th episode "Island of Doom" from Hanna-Barbera's Godzilla. The female COBRA officer said it best:

"The beast has taken nearly every weapon we've got, and it still keeps coming!"

Back then, this was one example out of many of Godzilla at his most unstoppable. The episode may not have had another monster in it, but it didn't need one this time.

Ah, to be a kid again and have that kind of feeling...

This story was a perfect example of "Mess with the bull and you get the horns."
Last edited by mikelcho on Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:32 pm, edited 7 times in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Definitely TOMG and what the others have said, those are all truly magnificent moments. I forgot how pissed Godzilla is at the end of GvMG2 too.

I also enjoy the end of Final Wars where Godzilla makes Keizer Ghidorah blast one of his own heads off and then launches him into space, that was a sight to behold.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I'll never forget MGII on VHS back in 2003, seeing Godzilla just wreck Mechagodzilla. Heisei Godzilla was very emotive in a grounded way, and I think in that sequence you see sort of calm on the surface but seething rage underneath. He lets his power do the talking but boy does he enjoy it.
GvK was pretty awesome with the alligator crawl.
Does stomping the shiz out if Ghidorah's neck count?
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Tearing Mechagodzilla's head clean off in 1974.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

I'm surprised no one's mentioned either of the pummelings Godzilla gave Destoroyah in the final fight of Godzilla vs. Destoroyah, especially the final assault that made Destoroyah try to escape.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Masterofsome01
Samurai

Post by Masterofsome01 »

While not my favorite moment special mention has to go to the scene in the dub of Godzilla vs Mothra 1992 when Battra blasts Godzilla along with Mothra leading to one of the humans even saying "Oh no, he's getting pissed off!" just before Godzilla blasts Battra right back and two just forget Mothra and start beating each other up

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Godzilla murdering Dessy. Dessy is spewing up blood, half of his face has been laser removed, and Goji’s taking no prisoners.
For Emperor and Empire!

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

GvK. Seriously when kong banged his head with the axe and just all right annoying him, Gman just went fuck it and just obliterated kong

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

Basically the entirety of Final Wars.

Some personal favorites including:
-Gigan getting his head blown up after a direct shot to the face.

-The Zilla scene.

-Godzilla channeling his inner Vlad the Impaler by goring Kamacuras through on a tower.

-Godzilla offing both Ebirah and Hedorah. But not before Ebirah's claws skewer Hedorah through the friggin' eye, cue the Smog Monster flipping his shit when he sees Godzilla charging up his ray again.

-Godzilla firing his atomic ray our of earth's atmosphere entirely with pin-point accuracy at a meteorite. And tanking the explosion none the worse for wear.

-That bit where he bowls Monster X over and starts wailing on him like he owes him money.

-Round two with Keizer Ghidorah. Opting to get even with everything Keizer by biting, beheading, throwing him about and stomping on him, and finally blasting him to bits with a spiral ray. In that order.

Absolute chad. He wasn't taking anybody's shit in that movie.
Last edited by Kaltes-Herzeleid on Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image