The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Kiryu2012
Keizer

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Kiryu2012 »

I...don't have any problem with the Gigan x Marceline stuff, tbh. Maybe it's cause I've seen so much truly freaky shit that this is basically nothing to me.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:41 pm Hey, GOJI89, You reading this thread? I have a little fact that'll make you specifically cringe hard.
I once saw a Godzilla toy film where they used a golden variant Trendmaster MG for the villain and physically burned him to a crisp at the end with real fire as the character's death. And nope, I don't have a link, because seeing it again would make me cringe just as much.
That's kinda funny though, not gonna lie.
For Emperor and Empire!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:41 pm Hey, GOJI89, You reading this thread? I have a little fact that'll make you specifically cringe hard.
I once saw a Godzilla toy film where they used a golden variant Trendmaster MG for the villain and physically burned him to a crisp at the end with real fire as the character's death. And nope, I don't have a link, because seeing it again would make me cringe just as much.
link please

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

I don't have a link, it was something random I saw years ago. I tried to find it again but no dice.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Thank you for the mental image..... why would you tell me something so horrific. A Trendmaster MG being actually burned is something only a psychopath would do.

I'm...... gonna need a minute.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

goji89 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:07 pm
Thank you for the mental image..... why would you tell me something so horrific. A Trendmaster MG being actually burned is something only a psychopath would do.

Not just that, but a gooooolden one from that variant pack, too. Painful, isn't it?

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:10 pm
goji89 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:07 pm

Not just that, but a gooooolden one from that variant pack, too. Painful, isn't it?
GOLDEN......fuck.

Screw the minute..... I'm gonna need a damn month.

I hate that so much and for what? For fucking 5 views.

:cry:

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

goji89 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:13 pm
GOLDEN......skreeonk.

I hate that so much and for what? For skreeonking 5 views.

You'll care less about this, but I've also already seen channels dedicated to seeing how easily they can smash the Playmates GVK stuff as well for some reason and subject them to various damages. There's something so painful about seeing Godzilla figures get destroyed, lol... X_X

Now, now, let's do a quick mental exercise, just imagine...in your head.... you have the SHMA Biollante in a room with a 5 year old and a hammer... yeah, you know where this is going... welcome to your bad place, Goji89, welcome to your bad place...

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

On a similar note, as a prolific collector whenever I see people customize or add articulation to rare and especially vintage figures, it makes me cringe. Especially considering that MOST OF THE TIME, they are making it far worse.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:18 pm
goji89 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:13 pm
GOLDEN......skreeonk.

I hate that so much and for what? For skreeonking 5 views.

You'll care less about this, but I've also already seen channels dedicated to seeing how easily they can smash the Playmates GVK stuff as well for some reason and subject them to various damages. There's something so painful about seeing Godzilla figures get destroyed, lol... X_X

Now, now, let's do a quick mental exercise, just imagine...in your head.... you have the SHMA Biollante in a room with a 5 year old and a hammer... yeah, you know where this is going... welcome to your bad place, Goji89, welcome to your bad place...
:shock:

Dude why would you take me to that place? Who hurt you?

It's like your taking me by the hand to my own personal Hell. I will drop kick that kid to infinity and beyond.

Not my S.H MA Biollante EVEEEEERRRRR

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Executive Hamster wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:24 pm On a similar note, as a prolific collector whenever I see people customize or add articulation to rare and especially vintage figures, it makes me cringe. Especially considering that MOST OF THE TIME, they are making it far worse.
On a dinosaur forum I used to frequent there was a guy who would repaint REBOR and PAPO dinosaur figures (not sure if you know them but they're super detailed) with bright and thick paint so that they'd lose all details and be neon coloured.

Hey, at least it's not as bad as those who hoard vintage figures. I've seen pictures of people who literally have flocks of like 50 or more Kenner JP Velociraptors, 50+ Dilophosaurs, Dimetrodons, etc. Why would you ever want or need that many?
goji89 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:26 pm Dude why would you take me to that place? Who hurt you?

It's like your taking me by the hand to my own personal Hell. I will drop kick that kid to infinity and beyond.

Not my S.H MA Biollante EVEEEEERRRRR

Gimme da dinosauw toy, mistew 89..... I wanna PWAY WIT IT...... GIMME!!!!!!!!!

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:34 pm
Executive Hamster wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:24 pm On a similar note, as a prolific collector whenever I see people customize or add articulation to rare and especially vintage figures, it makes me cringe. Especially considering that MOST OF THE TIME, they are making it far worse.
On a dinosaur forum I used to frequent there was a guy who would repaint REBOR and PAPO dinosaur figures (not sure if you know them but they're super detailed) with bright and thick paint so that they'd lose all details and be neon coloured.

Hey, at least it's not as bad as those who hoard vintage figures. I've seen pictures of people who literally have flocks of like 50 or more Kenner JP Velociraptors, 50+ Dilophosaurs, Dimetrodons, etc. Why would you ever want or need that many?
Yeah, I know of em. I had the original Papo Tyrannosaurus in mint condition when I was a kid, but I played with it a bit too rough and the leg snapped off. If only I knew.
The hoarders suck as well. I saw a video by Matthew Danczak that genuinely made me angry when he showed all the hoarders.

Speaking of kenner and dinosaur stuff, sorta off topic but after collecting Godzilla exclusively for two years I genuinely forgot how "comparatively" cheap even some of the rarest vintage jurassic park toys. Even the more sought after ones rarely go over $300. Meanwhile Ive regularly been dropping $200 to $300 on a good week when collecting Godzilla. Funny how that is. Kinda a shame too. I sold 90% of my Jurassic Park figures a while back to focus on Godzilla. Now I only have the Super Colossal Rex, and two of the Bull T-rexes (1997 and 2008)

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Executive Hamster wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:47 pm Speaking of kenner and dinosaur stuff, sorta off topic but after collecting Godzilla exclusively for two years I genuinely forgot how "comparatively" cheap even some of the rarest vintage jurassic park toys. Even the more sought after ones rarely go over $300. Meanwhile Ive regularly been dropping $200 to $300 on a good week when collecting Godzilla. Funny how that is. Kinda a shame too. I sold 90% of my Jurassic Park figures a while back to focus on Godzilla. Now I only have the Super Colossal Rex, and two of the Bull T-rexes (1997 and 2008)
I have a on-off JP dinosaur collection. Something I've been looking for for years is the Kenner Allosaurus in good condition- it's a very rare figure that goes for the most ridiculous high prices. And you wanna know what made me cringe? I actually found one second hand recently up for only £15 in a lot on Ebay. I was so excited, I couldn't believe my luck...something I've genuinely wanted for years, for such a bizaarelly low price, definitely from someone who didn't know what they had...but then, oh man, I checked out the next photo...all the dino damage is missing from the other side, and this is a special autopsy figure so it's not just exposed ribs here, it's essentially missing half the tail and leg etc... but I might've somehow overlooked it and got it anyway, until I took a closer look and saw its face had been chewed by a dog.. eeuughgh it's making my skin crawl just thinking about it...........

BTW, speaking of Ebay, some people are trying to scam on there by selling the Playmates Gigan and advertising it as an original FW Bandai Gigan from the past. I imagine you'd be fooled pretty easily if you didn't know to look for the all-red wings.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

I know what figure that is...or, more accurately, what set that is. I looked it up and found one complete for $170. Ironically, I wouldn't bat an eye spending that much on something if I really wanted it. I honestly think thats pretty cheap. My sense of expensiveness has been corrupted ever since I dropped a grand on the Bandai Memorial Box.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Executive Hamster wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:02 pm I know what figure that is...or, more accurately, what set that is. I looked it up and found one complete for $170. Ironically, I wouldn't bat an eye spending that much on something if I really wanted it. I honestly think thats pretty cheap. My sense of expensiveness has been corrupted ever since I dropped a grand on the Bandai Memorial Box.
Dang..... And I thought caving in spending £40 on the Bandai Legion that I have coming tomorrow was crazy. You're not to be messed with. :lol:
Last edited by Thegarbagemonster on Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:03 pm
Executive Hamster wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:02 pm I know what figure that is...or, more accurately, what set that is. I looked it up and found one complete for $170. Ironically, I wouldn't bat an eye spending that much on something if I really wanted it. I honestly think thats pretty cheap. My sense of expensiveness has been corrupted ever since I dropped a grand on the Bandai Memorial Box.
Dang..... And I thought caving in spending £40 on the Bandai Legion that I have coming tomorrow was crazy. You're not to be messed with. :lol:
Honestly, its probably a bad habit. Especially since Ill be moving out soon so Ill start to actually have BILLS and such. Adult stuff. My philosophy was to buy as much useless shit possible while I still have no financial obligations. Thats going to change soon, but my collection is already in a place where Im happy with it should I choose to slow things down a bit. The stimulus certainly helped.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I know this was posted a while back but I wanna bring it back up for the newbies and to refresh the memory.

This picture angers me. I look at it, and it pisses me off. Maybe it's the faces the Godzilla's are making and the fact they're all jacked to shit, but this makes me angry to no end.
Last edited by Voyager on Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

The smallest Godzilla in that pic, whatever Goji it's meant to be, looks like a wacko cartoon henchman that'd go "hehe, hehe, yes boss!!"

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:20 pm The smallest Godzilla in that pic, whatever Goji it's meant to be, looks like a wacko cartoon henchman that'd go "hehe, hehe, yes boss!!"
Yeah lol. I hate his face the most though. That smile... it scares me. And his dope eyes.
Last edited by Voyager on Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Oh my god. You think r/monsterverse is cringe? Read the comments from default pic users under wikizilla articles. I just stumbled upon children fucking roleplaying in the comments of Showa Goji’s wiki. I can’t...i want to die
Last edited by Jermobooka on Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: