Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby UltramanGoji » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:41 pm

I think it's silly to think anyone has a frothing hatred of a film just because they use the word "hate". It's just a synonym for "dislike" these days.

goji89 wrote:
Holy shiit. Did hell freeze over or some crap like that because .....YOU make a joke post? No its imposibru.

I was in a good mood when I posted that. :)

goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby goji89 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:41 pm

Maritonic wrote:
goji89 wrote:
Maritonic wrote: We can talk in a PM because I don't feel like starting an anime war on here.

Bullshiit......How in the fuq are you starting a war and take it elsewhere? Nah, we want to see this devolve into full blown battle. Its like watching a movie only for it to end on a cliffhanger....No. No. You fight here in the arena like any TK'er would do.

PM's are for skreeonkers.

So is editing your posts ;)

I edited bitches for skreeonkers.......There are kids watching this site. I didnt want to come off too strong for their virgin eyes.

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:42 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:I think it's silly to think anyone has a frothing hatred of a film just because they use the word "hate". It's just a synonym for "dislike" these days.

goji89 wrote:
Holy shiit. Did hell freeze over or some crap like that because .....YOU make a joke post? No its imposibru.

I was in a good mood when I posted that. :)

"Frothing hatred". Good name for a metal band. TK METAL BAND. NEW ALBUM DROPPING 2020!

Added in 32 seconds:
goji89 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
goji89 wrote:
Bullshiit......How in the fuq are you starting a war and take it elsewhere? Nah, we want to see this devolve into full blown battle. Its like watching a movie only for it to end on a cliffhanger....No. No. You fight here in the arena like any TK'er would do.

PM's are for skreeonkers.

So is editing your posts ;)

I edited bitches for skreeonkers.......There are kids watching this site. I didnt want to come off too strong for their virgin eyes.

Censorship too? This is why I can't take Godzilla vs. Biollante seriously. Go listen to Bio Wars and rethink your life.
Resized Image

Everything Will Proceed Cyclically

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby goji89 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:47 pm

UltramanGoji wrote: I was in a good mood when I posted that. :)

:shock: ....Yup, its official Hell just froze over. A good mood? You, Mr.Serious?

Yes, yes...Let the goji89 flow through you.

KaijuCanuck
EDF Soldier

Postby KaijuCanuck » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:21 pm

Maritonic wrote:Go listen to Bio Wars and rethink your life.

By total coincidence, i was listening to Bio Wars on shuffle when I read this. :lol:

tyrantgoji
G-Grasper

Postby tyrantgoji » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:24 pm

goji89 wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I really liked the anime as well! It's our precious child, and if anyone shitz on them because of the monzter battlez I will activate the Oxygen Destroyer and sacrifice myself. :lol:

i hate the anime trilogy cuz of the monster battles.

see ya! :P

Not cool tyrantgoji. So you want this guy to off himself or something? This is a morbid post coming from you.

i was just playing along with the joke MechaGoji did, i don't want him to actually die. i don't want anyone hear dead.
Last edited by tyrantgoji on Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:52 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:I think it's silly to think anyone has a frothing hatred of a film just because they use the word "hate". It's just a synonym for "dislike" these days.

Yes, I know what he meant, but like, we all know of those fans that legitimately hate things like the new Star Wars stuff for example, and go batshit crazy, I'm just glad there's no Godziller fans like that.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

Tyler Kuykendall
Ronin

Re: Godzilla Unpopular Opinions

Postby Tyler Kuykendall » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:26 pm

Dracostar44 wrote:I love Monster X/Keizer Ghidorah

Not so much Fat Ghidorah, but I too love Monster X.

Also, for everyone who complained about Godzilla's amount of screen-time in the 2014 movie... the M.U.T.O. were entertaining to watch before the big throw-down near the end.

LSD Jellyfish
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:07 pm

I don’t mind the “rip-off” scenes in the Godzilla films,
Specifically the terminator, Indiana Jones, alien and matrix stuff. I don’t think any of them are done particularly bad, a lot of it with the exception of the matrix stuff in GFW, are pretty short and don’t detract from the films. This especially rings true for Destroyah, who has a design that is completely original, with the exception of the earlier stage having that mouth punching thing. Yet suddenly that ruins the entire design of Destroyah? I don’t get it
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Dr. Professor
EDF Soldier

Postby Dr. Professor » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:18 pm

LSD Jellyfish wrote:I don’t mind the “rip-off” scenes in the Godzilla films,
Specifically the terminator, Indiana Jones, alien and matrix stuff. I don’t think any of them are done particularly bad, a lot of it with the exception of the matrix stuff in GFW, are pretty short and don’t detract from the films. This especially rings true for Destroyah, who has a design that is completely original, with the exception of the earlier stage having that mouth punching thing. Yet suddenly that ruins the entire design of Destroyah? I don’t get it

Personally I've always felt that the weird tongue-mouth thingy looked better on Destroyah than it does on the Xenomorph. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
goji89 wrote: :shock: ...Sweet Yeet

Resized Image

LSD Jellyfish
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:21 pm

Dr. Professor wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:I don’t mind the “rip-off” scenes in the Godzilla films,

Personally I've always felt that the weird tongue-mouth thingy looked better on Destroyah than it does on the Xenomorph. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Especially because it actually serves a purpose then just being basic weapon. Destroyah uses it to object microoxygen into things.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby goji89 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:32 pm

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Destroyah uses it to object microoxygen into things.

But what if the thing overrules the micro oxygen going into its body?

And why would he object using it if its the only way to inject its micro oxygen?
Last edited by goji89 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Zarm » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:35 pm

goji89 wrote:

Then its life will be sustained.
Last edited by Zarm on Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:

Winner of the last-ever(?) TK Fantasy Match tournament.

#ProLife

The Zone Fighter campaign is funded and complete, with translations in progress! PM me if you want to be part of the Facebook updates group.

Maranatha!

goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby goji89 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:37 pm

Zarm wrote:
goji89 wrote:

Then its life will be sustained.

Whom's life? Its life or the other things life?

LSD Jellyfish
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:54 pm

Whoops I meant inject instead of object. But I think that was obvious! ;)
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Postby GojiDude95 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:53 pm

I watched vs spacegodzilla for the first time in awhile and i gotta say I could not stand any of the scenes that had miki in it. She came off as really annoying.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Postby cloverfan98 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:26 pm

Finished the anime trilogy and I guess I'm in the minority here but I enjoyed the whole series. Not the greatest of course but a fun new experimental series.

LSD Jellyfish
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:20 am

cloverfan98 wrote:Finished the anime trilogy and I guess I'm in the minority here but I enjoyed the whole series. Not the greatest of course but a fun new experimental series.

I keep seeing a lot of posts that they they like it, maybe its more like 50/50.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:15 pm

Gotta find the time to watch them.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

KaijuCanuck
EDF Soldier

Postby KaijuCanuck » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:31 pm

Every other version of Bagan was cooler than the one used in Super Godzilla. In the unlikely event Bagan makes it into a movie, they should use one of those other designs - my preference would be one of the ones that is an amalgamation of three kaiju.

Return to “General Toho Films”