IDW's GODZILLA General Discussion

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
GodzillaBurgh
Interpol Agent

Re: IDW's GODZILLA General Discussion

Postby GodzillaBurgh » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:22 pm

Kaijusamurai wrote:I've been around for a while :)

Oh my God, it's Matt Frank! How are you, Mr. Frank? Have you been doing art on your spare time or is IDW's license on Godzilla is done, so now you're at different paths?
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

Jason
Yojimbo

Postby Jason » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:43 pm

Not according to the last post he took the time to make, so instead of going onto the Facebook page and trying to figure out if I can give it a like, I'll just say I like the comics that came out here.

I met the girl that I'm making friends with at work who's gonna put her voice online for a YouTube Godzilla crossover video. I won't say what it crosses over with because I got a board warning about posting about non Toho creations, but I did see Rodan and Ghidorah and heard the Godzilla march song being sung in a foreign language as I was watching it.
Take care and God bless

SpaceG92
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Postby SpaceG92 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:15 pm

Jason wrote:Not according to the last post he took the time to make, so instead of going onto the Facebook page and trying to figure out if I can give it a like, I'll just say I like the comics that came out here.

I met the girl that I'm making friends with at work who's gonna put her voice online for a YouTube Godzilla crossover video. I won't say what it crosses over with because I got a board warning about posting about non Toho creations, but I did see Rodan and Ghidorah and heard the Godzilla march song being sung in a foreign language as I was watching it.
Take care and God bless

You won't get a board warning for that :P

You;ll just get a quote from a Forum Moderator telling you to not post an off-topic self-plug post in the IDW Comic section. ;)

Mr. Yellow
Interpol Agent

Postby Mr. Yellow » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:46 pm

Looks like IDW is releasing some more comics next year.

Kingdom of Monsters is getting a complete release
https://www.bullmoose.com/p/28603973/er ... f-monsters

Rulers of the Earth Volume Two is finally coming!
https://www.bullmoose.com/p/28772356/ch ... h-volume-2
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

daveblackeye15
G-Grasper

Postby daveblackeye15 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:47 pm

Oh boy...Kingdom of Monsters...How exciting?
Well maybe I should buy it since hey maybe if it does well more stuff? Easily getting Rulers of the Earth volume two.

mikelcho
Interpol Agent

Postby mikelcho » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:50 am

This means that the main IDW Godzilla story line will be available in four volumes now:

*Godzilla: Kingdom of Monsters
*Godzilla: History's Greatest Monster
*Godzilla: Complete Rulers of Earth Volume 1
*Godzilla: Complete Rulers of Earth Volume 2.

Much more convenient than the previous multiple volumes, if you ask me.

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Postby KillCrites » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:00 pm

So does IDW have the license to produce more Godzilla comics again or what?
why did i have to be the chosen one?

Mr. Yellow
Interpol Agent

Postby Mr. Yellow » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:21 pm

Not sure, surprised Matt Frank is not aware. I’d be incredibly excited if so and he was back. IDW is having it a bit rough lately,
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

GODZILLA2877
Interpol Agent

Postby GODZILLA2877 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:57 pm

mikelcho wrote:This means that the main IDW Godzilla story line will be available in four volumes now:

*Godzilla: Kingdom of Monsters
*Godzilla: History's Greatest Monster
*Godzilla: Complete Rulers of Earth Volume 1
*Godzilla: Complete Rulers of Earth Volume 2.

Much more convenient than the previous multiple volumes, if you ask me.

I recently just bought all three volumes of Kingdom of Monsters and all six volumes of Rulers of Earth for around $100 from my local comic book shop and eBay. Oh, my poor wallet!!! I didn't get Godzilla: Complete Rulers of Earth Vol 1 because I can only find it on Amazon in acceptable condition for $3,214.59!!! Even though I just bought the single volumes, I might still buy the two new trades. Then I will have every single trade except for Godzilla: Complete Rulers of Earth Vol 1.
Last edited by GODZILLA2877 on Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Yellow
Interpol Agent

Postby Mr. Yellow » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:42 am

Volume Five of Rulers is ungodly expensive. At least maybe this will drive that price down so those that only need that volume can get it.

Does anyone have a contact at IDW?

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:43 pm

Mr. Yellow wrote:Volume Five of Rulers is ungodly expensive. At least maybe this will drive that price down so those that only need that volume can get it.

Yeah that’s the only reason why I don’t have ROE volume 5+6.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

Godzillian
Kwaidan

Postby Godzillian » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:27 pm

Mr. Yellow wrote:Volume Five of Rulers is ungodly expensive. At least maybe this will drive that price down so those that only need that volume can get it.

That's just scalpers not idw

Mr. Yellow
Interpol Agent

Postby Mr. Yellow » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:47 pm

Godzillian wrote:

That's just scalpers not idw

I know, it’s just a mystery why this particular volume is so expensive. Limited run or something?

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:49 pm

All it takes is one jagoff to list it for an obnoxious price and one idiot to fall for it. Then a chain reaction eventually forms of people believing they can get away with upping it by $5 until you finally get sellers listing it for hundreds of dollars with nobody buying.

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:17 am

The fact that it’s selling for 3000$ is really dumb, and just because something is listed doesn’t mean a single person is going to buy it. There’s a gigantic difference between what someone lists online and what the actual price is.

Anyways, I THINK, correct me if I’m wrong, the reason why vol 5 might be hard to acquire is because when the volume was released IDW had a problem with their printers. Volume 5’s first print was delayed and the paper was noticeably less quality (still not bad btw, I’m not knocking it), then the previous releases.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:54 am

LSD Jellyfish wrote:The fact that it’s selling for 3000$ is really dumb...

It's not selling for $3000. The only listing at that price is from a money laundering account on Amazon. It's actual selling price (according to sold eBay listings) is around $90.

Godzillian
Kwaidan

Postby Godzillian » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:45 am

Maybe I should sell off my vol 5 and just get the 2nd complete collection :lol:

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:11 pm

Godzillian wrote:Maybe I should sell off my vol 5 and just get the 2nd complete collection :lol:

Yeah I’ll sell mine for 40 and make a profit!

Mr. Yellow
Interpol Agent

Postby Mr. Yellow » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:31 am

Yes, they’ve got it back!!

More than two years after publishing their last Godzilla comic IDW Publishing has signed a new licensing deal with Toho.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2019 ... is-summer/

_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy

Postby _JNavs_ » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:33 am

I've never read IDW comics, but I get the gist of them, so I'm super glad they've got the license back
Sith Apprentice. SaveTheAmazon. "What do you get when you cross a mentally ill loner with a society that abandons him and treats him like trash?... I'll tell you what you get... YOU GET WHAT YOU F**ING DESERVE!"- Joker 2k19

Return to “Toho Comics, Books, Posters, Misc”