SH Monsterarts!

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.

Re: SH Monsterarts!

Postby Jomei » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:10 pm

GodzillaXGomoraFight wrote:Wow even they know that the beam effects look bad, so they don't even bother using them in the commercial.

Or maybe it's that it's impossible to animate the beam effects accessories. An articulated figure which can be incrementally adjusted and filmed with stop-motion is different from a rigid piece of vinyl that's meant to represent something fluid.
Killer with the beat, I know killers in the street
♪(´ε` )

ふT
 わI
 ふM
 わE
(\˳˘ ɜ˘)˳ ♬♪♫
With the steel that'll make you feel like Chinchilla in the heat

ふわふわTIME ♫꒰・‿・๑꒱ ふわふわTIME ꒰˘̩̩̩⌣˘̩̩̩๑꒱♡ ふわふわTIME ٩꒰ ´ᆺ`꒱۶ ふわふわTIME ٩꒰๑ ´∇`๑꒱۶ ふわふわTIME ٩꒰ ˘ ³˘꒱۶~♡ ふわふわTIME ♪( ´θ`)ノ ふわふわTIME ♪~(´ε` )

Jomei
adMinyastrator

Geiger Counter

Team: SOS団
Favourite Kaiju: ___George W. Bush___

Postby godzilla898 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:42 pm

GreenAiden555 wrote:How.... HOW much is the Tokyo Skytree?!

42,000 yen, which is about 545$.
nani sore wrote:Oh my skreeonk god, g898. You are amazing.
Jomei wrote:SEASON TWO DELUXE EDITION
GTU wrote:Does that matter? Like 80% of this forum is homoerotic subtext.
godzilla898
G-Grasper

Postby kaijukurt » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:31 am

What's a Tokyo Skytree?
Formerly known as kurtzilla
kaijukurt
G-Grasper

Postby SJM925 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:50 am

kaijukurt wrote:What's a Tokyo Skytree?

Protip: In order to understand what people are talking about, stay up to date on news of said subject.

i.e. Watch the newest video. You'll poop yourself when you see something worth ~$550 and is probably only 7" tall, and made of plastic.
SJM925
EDF Soldier

Postby SaiyanRider54 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:19 pm

I don't know if these exact ones were posted before, but here are some nice pics of the already announced Garuda set that's coming out.
http://p-bandai.jp/tamashiiwebshouten/item-1000012893
"The only two times a man should cry is when his girlfriend turns out to be slime from space, or he loses his wallet."
SaiyanRider54
Interpol Agent

Postby Rody » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:15 pm

While I would love to get some super-articulated Godzilla toys, I'm not very interested in Heisei. That's what we always get.
Rody
E.S.P.Spy

Favourite Kaiju: Rodan

Postby king_ghidorah » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:27 pm

Rody wrote:While I would love to get some super-articulated Godzilla toys, I'm not very interested in Heisei. That's what we always get.

Yes...we always get Super Articulated Hesei Godzilla figures...and Hesei Moguera, SpaceGodzilla and Hesei MG figures...the market's flooded with em really :roll: .

Really folks...think back to the recent figures we've gotten and most of them have been Showa and Millenium. And "recent" I'd say counts as the past 10-12 years or so. Anything older than that now is "vintage" category. I know for some of us older folk that sounds preposterous...but I don't think we can honestly say the figures made during the Hesei era are current era figures.
king_ghidorah
Yin-Yang Master

Postby JVM » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:33 pm

GreenAiden555 wrote:

Protip: In order to understand what people are talking about, stay up to date on news of said subject.

i.e. Watch the newest video. You'll poop yourself when you see something worth ~$550 and is probably only 7" tall, and made of plastic.

I watched the newest video and I don't know what it is either.
JVM
I miss Vega

Favourite Kaiju: Varan

Postby SJM925 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:44 am

JVM wrote:
GreenAiden555 wrote:

I watched the newest video and I don't know what it is either.

Then you didn't watch it 'til the very end.
SJM925
EDF Soldier

Postby RedZillaKing » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:46 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_Sky_Tree

There's nothing in that video in english that explains what it is. One cannot simply see it in the background and read its name and know exactly WHAT it is. So there it is. As for being worth $550 at 7 inches... I guess that's just a matter of personal taste,
KaijuAlertSystem wrote:So essentially what we learned from the interview is that Tamashii doesn't really give a shit about what their Western fans want to see unless it matches a similar scale of Japanese demand. It doesn't matter that its the US collectors who essentially keep the toyline alive and profitable, because "we make glorious Japan toy for Japanese who don't care" is the modus operandi of Tamashii. I wish I could say I was surprised.

RedZillaKing
Keizer

Geiger Counter

Postby SJM925 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:19 am

RedZillaKing wrote: There's nothing in that video in english that explains what it is.

Explains, EXACTLY, no. However, google is your best friend for looking up information on something's entire history.

57 more days 'til the release of Godzilla.....

AWWWWWWW YEAH
SJM925
EDF Soldier

Postby kaijukurt » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:32 am

Is this also a S.H. Monsterarts (or...BuildingArts?) release?
Formerly known as kurtzilla
kaijukurt
G-Grasper

Postby RedZillaKing » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:43 am

GreenAiden555 wrote:
RedZillaKing wrote: There's nothing in that video in english that explains what it is.

Explains, EXACTLY, no. However, google is your best friend for looking up information on something's entire history.

57 more days 'til the release of Godzilla.....

AWWWWWWW YEAH

Yeah, agreed. Google is how I found that wiki page. Interestingly, It would be around 3 ft (2.97 feet) if it's in 1/700 scale!!! Still not worth it in my eyes though. Mostly because I've got nothing to put it with, no place to display it, and no $550 floating around. Saving up for G Fest '12! Woot!
KaijuAlertSystem wrote:So essentially what we learned from the interview is that Tamashii doesn't really give a shit about what their Western fans want to see unless it matches a similar scale of Japanese demand. It doesn't matter that its the US collectors who essentially keep the toyline alive and profitable, because "we make glorious Japan toy for Japanese who don't care" is the modus operandi of Tamashii. I wish I could say I was surprised.

RedZillaKing
Keizer

Geiger Counter

Postby SJM925 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:58 am

RedZillaKing wrote: Interestingly, It would be around 3 ft (2.97 feet) if it's in 1/700 scale!!! Still not worth it in my eyes though. Mostly because I've got nothing to put it with, no place to display it, and no $550 floating around. Saving up for G Fest '12! Woot!

Do NOT quote me on the size, at ALL. I'm just throwing an educated guess out there, due to the size of the building in the video. Godzilla is, roughly, 6", it it stands about a head taller than him, so I have no clue how close the Skytree is to the battle.

I hope to god it's 3 feet, though. That would make a bit more sense... But COMPLETELY out of scale... Maybe.
SJM925
EDF Soldier

Postby RedZillaKing » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:11 am

Yeah Goji's not in 1/700th scale. He would have to be 5.6-5.7 inches, which would be too small for a Godzilla figure IMO. In 1/700th scale this figure represents a godzilla 355-356 feet instead of 328ish feet (although doesn't 100M equal 333 feet? I got the 328 from the Godzilla Compendium..).

Anyways it's close enough to not really be an issue. As for the people who do buy this.. Please post pictures!

RedZillaKing
Keizer

Geiger Counter

Postby Inferno Rodan » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:13 pm

GreenAiden555 wrote:Do NOT quote me on the size, at ALL. I'm just throwing an educated guess out there, due to the size of the building in the video. Godzilla is, roughly, 6", it it stands about a head taller than him, so I have no clue how close the Skytree is to the battle.

I hope to god it's 3 feet, though. That would make a bit more sense... But COMPLETELY out of scale... Maybe.

The Tokyo Sky Tree is 2080 feet tall. The model is 1/700 scale. That would make the model 35-36 inches tall if my math is correct.
The Arena: Universal Clash

The newest and greatest create-a-kaiju RPG! Join in the fun!
Inferno Rodan
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Petezilla » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:17 am

That Skytree is amazing and would perfectly display with the MonsterArts figures, Bandai placed an intelligent commercial for it when using it in the MonsterArts spot. However, I ordered the Garuda effects pack right away! ;)
Size DOES matter!
Petezilla
JXSDF Technician

Postby SJM925 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:38 pm

Petezilla wrote:That Skytree is amazing and would perfectly display with the MonsterArts figures, Bandai placed an intelligent commercial for it when using it in the MonsterArts spot. However, I ordered the Garuda effects pack right away! ;)

I actually asked about that at a different forum, but the majorvulgaritythatwillsurelygetmebanned was ADAMANT that nothing new existed, along with the fact that NOTHING from the MonsterArts series was available through web exclusive shop.

Link plz?
SJM925
EDF Soldier

Postby Petezilla » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:19 am

GreenAiden555 wrote:
Petezilla wrote:That Skytree is amazing and would perfectly display with the MonsterArts figures, Bandai placed an intelligent commercial for it when using it in the MonsterArts spot. However, I ordered the Garuda effects pack right away! ;)

I actually asked about that at a different forum, but the majorvulgaritythatwillsurelygetmebanned was ADAMANT that nothing new existed, along with the fact that NOTHING from the MonsterArts series was available through web exclusive shop.

Link plz?

Erm... no... it is new and you indeed can preorder it:

You can for example at Big In Japan or just use a proxy of your choice to let them order it directly from the official Bandai Premium Webshop.
Size DOES matter!
Petezilla
JXSDF Technician

Postby SJM925 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:34 am

Petezilla wrote:
Erm... no... it is new and you indeed can preorder it:

You can for example at Big In Japan or just use a proxy of your choice to let them order it directly from the official Bandai Premium Webshop.

Yeah, I know it was available, but some people are just skreeonking morons and don't bother to help each other. I knew it was out there, just didn't know where to order it! :o

Thanks a bunch!

Speaking of which, OH CRAP. The orders for the Tamashii Godzilla effects pack closed on the 3rd.

I just ordered from a site... I hope to GOD they still have some available. I didn't even know it was only an exclusive run.
SJM925
EDF Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Toho Toys and Models